"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Whimsy Stamps New Release Week - Day 4!

Hello friends!
Welcome to day 4 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) New Release Week!

CLICK HERE to see Monday's Post (Sketched Elephants)
CLICK HERE to see Tuesday's post (Hand Lettered Encouragement)
CLICK HERE to see Wednesday's post (Handmade From Me & Hand Stitched Rectangles)

Today and every day this week I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that is being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps Store starting this Friday, March 11th!  So please join me here every day this week including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each new stamp set with some inspiration and of course special prize opportunities!


We continue today sharing the 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology Crafting Dies to complement the stamp sets designed by the newest artist/illustrator for Whimsy Stamps:  Nina-Marie Trapani!

Today's inspiration is using the new "Hedgehugs" stamp set:
I think this guy is just as sweet as can be sitting up there on his stump!! :)  I also think this stamp set has many different elements with it that you could use without the hedgehogs if you want, but they're too darn cute not to use!

So for my card here, I have went ahead and stamped the hedgehog and then masked him off so that I could stamp the tree stump so it looks like he's sitting on it.  I've also added the mushroom along the side of the tree stump and then I've stamped the bumble bee on a separate piece, fussy cut him out and popped him up over the sky.  All of these images were colored in with my Copic markers.

The hedgehog is not actually holding the heart originally, so I stamped the heart on a separate piece, colored it in and fussy cut it out.  To make it look like the hedgehog is holding the heart, I used a kraft knife to cut around a portion of his hands and slid the heart behind each side of his hands.  I then covered the heart with glossy accents.

I used some red and white polka dotted paper from my stash and then I used the Whimsy Stamps Basic Border Trio dies to make the zig zag edging and then I rounded the corners of the hedgehog panel as well as the card itself with my corner chomper.

Here's a closer look at the design:
Here you can better see how I've colored him in and put the heart in place to make it look like he's holding the heart to give to someone special! :)
After I popped the bee up with foam tape, I covered his wings with Wink of Stella and then used my Copic liner pen to draw the dash lines where he made a fly trail.
I used some chalk for the soft blue clouds and then stamped the sentiment at the top.


Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog to see a peek a the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs.  There will be chances to win prizes all week long as well!  Make sure you join with us today through Friday March 11th for all the new release festivities!- Here's one way to play along:
**Take this badge above and share it to any social media you use and then hop on over to the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog to let them know you did for a chance to win a prize!!!**

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Color Challenge

36 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome card! I love that sweet hedgie!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So adorable your card is Vicki
PS : I am having a celebration on my blog...please do drop in when you can.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Bad Kitty said...

so cute card!
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

Shannon McComb said...

Oh my Vicki this little hedgehog is so very cute and created the sweetest scene!
Love it!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so adorable!!! I have a friend who is crazy for hedgehogs, I think I might need to pick up this set just for her.

Margreet said...

Aw, so cute...lovely coloring and great design!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Awww..he is so cute and love his little Bee friend Vicki..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Patti said...

Oh now! you haven't lived until you've been hugged by a hedgehog! I'm standing in line for a hug from this cutie pie!! : ) Amazing coloring Vicki!

Patti

Diane said...

So adorable Vicki, the little stamped hedgehog is just delightful.

Hugs Diane

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous, cute and adorable I love that little hedgehog, also the lovely colours and card design a super make
hugs
lorraine x

Kim said...

Oh my goodness! This is so adorable. Love Love Love the hedgehog.

jimlynn said...

Oh, that little hedgie is precious! Beautiful coloring and a fabulous card.
Lynn

Carol L said...

What a cute and fun card! It's so hedgie good!! LOL I love his glossy little heart and that sparkly bumble bee is another cutie too!

Mac Mable said...

Vicki, as always your attention to detail astonishes me. Your masking is fabulous to pop the hedgehog on the tree stump and the fussy cutting for the heart to insert it into his paws is magical. Such a well thought out card with beautiful colouring in and such a special card. Thank you for the inspiration x

Julie Curtis said...

This is adorable! And your coloring is perfect!

crafty-stamper said...

cute stamps and love the Bee -the heart looks perfect as if it was meant to be there
Carol x

Jerrie said...

I love these punny stamps! Fantastic job coloring the hedgehog and stump! Love the red paper too!!

Sarah said...

Holy mackerel, this is fantastic!! I love the idea of a hedgehug!! xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Vicki, sweet image, these new sets are all so cute. you are outdoing yourself each day dear friend!

Olga Jewell said...

Vicki, this is so adorable!!!!

Deb said...

I am loving this new release and this card is so adorable. Love what you did with this sweet hedgie! hugs Debxx

Teresa Doyle said...

Hi Vicki, your little Hedgehog IS as cute as can be, sitting there and your colouring is amazing. Good job!

cghundley said...

Too cute and
I love the
little birdie!
Carla from Utah

Judy V said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and ever so sweet image, colours are perfect... have a great weekend...xx
 {aNNie}

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!!! Your card is very very sweet!!!! <3

Tammy said...

This is so cute Vicki! I love that hedgehog image and you've colored it beautifully, love the zig zag edging too!
big hugs, Tammy

Monika Reeck said...

what a cuuutee Image again Vicki
and love that polkadots paper like the mushroom
and I love the simple design
again adorable card Vicki
sweeett and cuutee
hugs
Monika

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Yep, had to pick it up for her! thank you

Julie P said...

Love that little bee, very sweet xo Julie P

Pia S said...

He's such a cutie, and the way you placed the heart in his hands looks so natural. Loving the little popped up bee too and the spotted panel behind the image, bringing some extra color and still leaving this card with a clean feel.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute scene! I love how you colored the hedgie.

cm said...

Could that little hedgehog be any cuter? Totally darling, holding his pretty heart! The mushroom and bee add so much to the whimsy! Love this!
Hugs~c

Asha said...

Oh my goodness!!! How adorable is that little guy. And he's holding a heart... aaaaaw!
hugs Asha

Sue said...

As if that darling little hedgie wasn't enough, coupled with the sentiment it is so darn cute. Love the red strip in the background, makes the heart pop! Super fun card, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

MiamiKel said...

Your hedgehog is absolutely charming! He's colored to perfection and the little embossed heart is a darling fit. My eye drew right in to the gorgeous red paper, too - beautiful contrast! LOVE this ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...