"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Thinking of You Floral Wreath

Hello friends!
Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!  I have been having some crafty fun during a little "get away" I had and actually played with different styles of media.  Hopefully I'll have something to share with you on what I've done, but it was something that is totally far from my comfort zone for sure!

For today, I have some inspiration using this oh so pretty and versatile stamp set with coordinating dies from Whimsy Stamps:
After using this stamp set during the new release week, I completely got "carried away" with it because I loved the different looks you could get using this same wreath image.  This is the Clearly Whimsy stamp set called Spring Wreath along with the coordinating dies that I've used on my CAS style design today.  Before stamping the wreath images in the center of the white card base, I used the Whimsy Shapeology Stitched Circles die set to cut out a circle near the bottom middle of the white card front.  This die cuts the stitch lines on both sides of the die which makes it nice for various looks you want to achieve with you design.  I "paper pieced" the circle back inside where I cut it and taped it together on the back to hold it together. (The stamping was done in the center of the circle.)

For the wreath, I stamped the leaf design wreath with light green, medium green and dark green dye inks  After stamping the first layer of light green ink, I used my water brush to blend out the ink color a bit for a watercolor design look on my wreath.  I then stamped the various flowers in different colors of ink and some of them I have die cut out with the coordinating die set and popped them up with some foam tape for a bit of dimension.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with black ink.

Here's a closer look at some of the details:
For the center top of the wreath I've added some linen thread that was tied in a bow and glued at the top of the wreath.  I also thought it would be fun to add a couple of clear sequins around it.  You can see the little "loops" around here and there which I've drawn in with a green marker.

For the top part of the card, I have a tiny strip of this wood-grain paper and added it to the top of the card front and then I've also added some metallic tape strips in between the strips for interest.  I've also round the edges of this white card front with my corner chomper and then attached it to a white A2 sized card base popped up on some craft foam.

Hope you've enjoyed my creation!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy your day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Springtime Flowers
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps & More - Anything Goes
SSS Work It Wednesday - Use Flowers

38 comments:

Rahmat said...

Vicki, good to see you :) I love this card, the woodgrain and the shimmery strip tape caught my eye here.

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card Vicki! I love that floral wreath and especially the stitched die!

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card!
have a nice day
hugs!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning as always, the flowers, colours and general design always blow me away.xx
{aNNie}

Heidi Stamps said...

Oh wow, I love this card! I love tiny stamps and wreaths, and your additions of the sequins and the metallic tape is just so great! Thanks for sharing!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous CAS card Vicki...love your eye for detail!
xxx Margreet

Mac Mable said...

Such a delicate and pretty card. Loving the pretty wreath and the metallic tape really sets your card off x

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Vicki, such pretty and delicate flowers xx

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love that beautiful wreath image and the fab faux stitching around it!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Vicki!!

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous as all your work is!

Carol L said...

What a fun little wreath, perfectly showcased with those stitched circle dies and pretty sequins! It's just beautiful !

Pollard Carole said...

A gorgeous classy card love the brilliant design so lovely Looking forward to your next project sounds interesting love and hugs Carole x

nwilliams6 said...

What a fun wreath, Vicki. Love the little elements. Cute card. Hugz

Diane said...

Wonderful wreath design Vicki, the stitching, colors and sequins are fabulous.

Hugs Diane

Sue said...

Hi Vicki, WOW, lots going on on this wonderful card. The wreath of flowrs is so pretty, and all your attention to detail with the lovely touches you added look fabulous. Beautiful.

Hugs
Sue

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Vicki!
Your card is so beautiful and so refined!
I love the tiny flowers and wreath ;)
Hugs~

Davi said...

Very pretty Vicki, I love your wreath and the sequins tucked around :)

Céline said...

wow really gorgeous
hugs
céline

laurie said...

I love all the detail you added to this card..the wreath is gorgeous!

Lynn McAuley said...

What sweetness here on this lovely spring wreath, Vicki! Delightful work!

Donna Ellis said...

This reminds me of the little flowers embroidered on pinafores back in the 1920s and 30s - such a sweetness on "crisp, clean linen". The dimension is precious, and the layers look fantastic, Vicki! It's a beautiful card - I'm going to be trying a white on white background this week, too, and hope it looks as pretty as yours! hugs, de

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the wreath and strips of wood grain paper at the top
Carol x

MiamiKel said...

This is absolutely darling, Vicki! I love the colorful wreath agsinst the white cardstock, a nice contrast in color! You have such a clever eye for detail and element! Hugs!

Deb said...

Glad you enjoyed a little get away, sounds fun! This is so gorgeous, your wreath is so pretty!
Debxx

Patti said...

Mmmm!! sweet sweet sweet!!! I just love how you cut out the center then put it back in. The stitched lines inside and out are too sweet as well as the tiny pink flower that is falling!

Patti

Tracey said...

Absolutely beautiful Vicki :o)
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Vicki I love the Floral Wreath the colours are so pretty, I also love the wooden effect strips across the top and the fab sentiment, a quality card for sure.
hugs
lorraine x

bumblebee creations said...

This is gorgeous Vicki!! wow, things have just been crazy here, and I haven't gotten around much.....but I am always so glad when I do...your creations are beautiful!!

Donna said...

This is stunning, so many details in your beautiful wreath, I see why you were having so much fun creating!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a pretty little wreath and I love all those little shiny embellies!

Tanja said...

this cute little wreath is simply adorable - thanks for sharing your project at ATSM

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Love the dimension you achieved. Popping on my DT hat now - Really great to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. :-D Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Pia S said...

A very beautifully detailed design that still looks pretty CAS as the added elements are neutral in color and don't have an 'overload' impact. Classy!

Patricia St Martin said...

This is a beautiful set and love what you did with it. The wreath is wonderful and I love the ribbon.
Hugs Pat

cm said...

Goodness, Vicki, but your wreath is incredibly beautiful, especially with the inlaid die cut and the woodgrain/metallic strips! Easy to see why you love this set...and do carry on being 'carried away' with it! Each showcase is marvelous! So thrilled you shared this gem in the ATSM gallery!
Hugs~c

Monika Reeck said...

Adorable Wreath Vicki
and love that two stripes too
sweet sentiment you have...a great added of sequin and the tiny flowers oh I love ..so cuteeeee
hugs
Monika

Donna said...

So pretty Vicki, adorable little wreath and such a beautiful sentiment...a really beautiful card! :) Donna ♥ x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...