"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Whimsy Stamps April New Release - Day 2

Hello friends!
Welcome to DAY 2 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) April New Release!
Today and every day this week I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that is being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting this WEDNESDAY, April 13th!

If you have missed yesterday's post, here is the link:
Day 1 Post (CLICK HERE) - Baby Animals with coordinating dies

So please join me here every day this week including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each set with some inspiration & of course special prize opportunities!

 Whimsy Stamps newest artist/illustrator Nina-Marie Trapani has created 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology crafting dies to complement the stamp sets for this month's release.



For the Day 2 release, we are showcasing the new "Mom's Layered Flowers".
Here's what I've made with this stunning stamp set:
I have decided to make up several Mother's Day cards in various colors one because I couldn't decide what color I wanted to use for my flower and two because I actually need more than one Mother's Day card.  This was a nice and simple design to put together so that making multiples of them would be fairly easy and not take up too much time.  I even coordinated the envelopes to match up with the colors too.

Here's a bit of a closer look at two of them together.
I have used Stampin' Up! colors in Wisteria Wonder and Delightful Dijon.  First I took last month's die set release Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles to cut out a white panel.  I used the ink to stamp the largest open flower from the set and then I used my ink blending tool to ink just the opposite corners of the panel.  After I inked it up, I took a water spritzer to make the splatters over the flower corner of the design.  The opposite corner of the design was inked with the blending tool, but I did not spritz that end with water.  Instead, I inked up the sentiment from the stamp set to place in the upper left corner.  I cut a thin black strip of card stock to separate the two corners of the panel for interest and then layered that entire panel onto another piece of black card stock.  As you can see on the cards, I thought it would look interesting to slightly tilt the panel over my coordinating colored card stock base.  Lastly, I used some fine clear glitter to glue in the center of each flower on the front.

Here's an even closer look at the Wisteria Wonder card design.  Here you can better see the details of the water splatters and glittered center of the flower.

And I thought there were several nice sentiments within this set, so I also wanted to incorporate some more of them on the inside of my card design.
Here I have cut another panel with the Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle dies and stamped the inside greeting with black ink and then I've also stamped a coordinating ink colored flower in the corner.

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes all week long as well! Make sure you join in today through Friday, April 15th for all the new release festivities!   Here's one way to win:  Share this badge below to any of your favorite social media and then go to the Whimsy Stamps blog to let them know you did!!
Good luck!!

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!  :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
AAA Cards - Anything Goes (CAS only)


33 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful cards, I love the way you did each cards background with one color! That flower stamp is so pretty!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant cards Vicki, each different in their own way, so love your design and colour choices.xx
 {aNNie}

jimlynn said...

They're all just beautiful! I can't decide on a favorite color here either - each one is so pretty. Love the design and sponging you did.
Lynn

Davi said...

VERY pretty card set NC!! I love your colors and the lo you used for them!!

Mac Mable said...

What a lovely line stamp. Gorgeous layout and colours on all the cards and the most perfect sentiment inside x

Patti said...

Beautiful! they are so fortunate to have you Vicki!! these cards are beautiful! I love your design : )

Patti

Deb said...

These are so beautiful Vicki, I love the pretty colors you created them in! hugs Debxx

Shannon McComb said...

LOVE the different colors of the different cards and how you made the card pretty inside!
Beautiful!

Margreet said...

Brilliant designs Vicki...love them all...with various texts you can use them for all kind of occasions!
xxx Margreet

Sarah said...

These are totally brilliant Vicki, such beautiful colours and the black is perfect xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous set of cards Vicki..love the colours..

Luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my these are beautiful Vicki the colours are gorgeous so are the flowers the black you have used really makes these 'pop', superb work.
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

very nice cards
so pretty colors
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Tammy said...

Gorgeous set of cards Vicki, I love the colors and fabulous design!
Hugs, Tammy

Jerrie said...

What a fun, colorful collection of cards! Any mother who get one of these cards will love it! You decorated the inside of the card with a sweet sentiment and added the flower. The stitching just finishes the card off perfectly!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Looks like you've had a busy day Vicki and wow! What a happy set of stunners! Gorgeous design, colours and blending! Swooning like mad here! Thanks for sharing at AAA cards this week! Sarah

Carol L said...

What a wonderful set of cards for some lucky moms out there! I just love the tilted angle of the image panel and especially those wonky stitches! Great job on these!

NanaConnie said...

These are magnificent, Vicki! Great idea doing each one as a monochromatic. Fabulous color choices, my friend.

Teresa Doyle said...

Love this set Vicki. They are all so pretty and the black really sets them off. Great work.

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi Vicki!
Your cards are so beautiful and elegant!
Love the sentiment inside as well, to the point and perfect in everyway.
HUgs~

Aileen Ryan said...

Vicki, wonderful set of cards. Love all that beautiful blending and the simplicity of the stamping. Beautiful

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! I love this new Mom's Layered Flowers stamp set and your cards are beautiful!!!!

Olga Jewell said...

More gorgeous cards....

Céline said...

wow it's fantastic as usual
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

woooww
adorable set of cards
I love how you made splatter on each card
each is different
and each stamped with the same colors like the card base
stunning
That flower stamp is so beautiful
Vicki
I wait for a bday card from you :) maybe you have one
if not..is ok I know you are so busy my sweet friend
hugs
Monika

Asha said...

Gorgeous!!! Love how you've made several cards with the same design... but different colours. That clever and with heaps of WOW-factor, Vicki. AWESOME!
hugs, Asha

Rahmat said...

Geometric and floral, nice at of cards, love that flower stamp.

Donna said...

These are absolutely stunning, great idea to do multiples when you have such an amazing card!

cm said...

Vicki, the moms receiving these cards will be so thrilled: such lovely flowers/colours on the outside and heart-warming sentiments inside. Touching! Once again, your creativity WOWs! I can tell you thoroughly enjoyed creating this set...they're infused with love!
hugs~c

Pia S said...

Simple and ultra stylish. And yes, designs are completely the same, but I find they look totally different. The power of color never stops to amaze me!

Patricia St Martin said...

These are gorgeous Vicki. Love all the colors and can be perfect for all kinds of occasion. Beautiful job, I'm going to pin your cards so I can remember what you did. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Pat

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Mothers day cards and love the different colours
Carol x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous set, Vicki!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...