"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Whimsy Stamps April New Release - Day 3

Hello friends!
Welcome to DAY 3 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) April New Release!
Today and every day this week I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that is being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting TODAY!!! - (WEDNESDAY, April 13th!)
HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

If you have missed any of my posts this week, here are the links:
Day 1 Post (CLICK HERE) - Baby Animals with coordinating dies
Day 2 Post (CLICK HERE) - Mom's Layered Flowers

So please join me here every day this week including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each set with some inspiration & of course special prize opportunities!
 Whimsy Stamps newest artist/illustrator Nina-Marie Trapani has created 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology crafting dies to complement the stamp sets for this month's release.
For the Day 3 release, we are showcasing the new "Spring Wreath" with the coordinating dies.
Here's my creation with this new stamp set and dies:
I think this is such a delicate and beautiful stamp set.  I love all of the different options you have with this set to create some stunning designs with or even without the wreath.  I also love the fact that it comes with the coordinating dies because I would hate to have to fussy cut out those teeny tiny flowers! LOL!!

I have taken one of the wreath images from the set and stamped it in a light green ink color and then I used another wreath image and stamped it in a darker green ink color.  I also have taken the tiny wreath "dotted" image and decided to emboss that over the green wreath with gold embossing powder.  I stamped the flowers and the bow in different colored inks and then cut every out with with the coordinating dies and attached them over my wreath in varying dimensions.  I have also stamped the butterfly image in rose colored ink and die cut that out to pop up the wings over the gold embossed sentiment at the bottom of the card.

On this closer view of my card, you can better see all of the gold details on my card including the square panel with the lined design on it.  To get this look, I simply just used my score board to make score lines where I wanted to incorporate a pattern embossed design.  I then layered that square panel with some gold card stock and then attached the die cut wreath to it and attached it to the front of the card base.  Also hard to see in the photo, but I've also added some shimmer with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen over the yellow bow.  The wreath was popped up over the panel with foam tape as well.

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes all week long as well! Make sure you join in today through Friday, April 15th for all the new release festivities!   Here's one way to win:  Share this badge below to any of your favorite social media and then go to the Whimsy Stamps blog to let them know you did!!
Good luck!!

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!  :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Seize the Birthday - optional toppings:  Floral
Tuesday Throwdown - Use Your Die Cuts

34 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

so pretty card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Olga Jewell said...

another beauty!!!

Lori Kobular said...

The floral wreath is so pretty on your lovely card!

Margreet said...

very pretty wreath, Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous spring wreath, Vicki! I love the two step bow and background!

Mac Mable said...

Yes so delicate and ever so pretty. Love the extra little flowers you've layered up in front of the wreath. Gorgeous gold frame and sentiment. Delicate and very pretty card today x

Kim said...

This is so pretty! Love the wreath and the reminder for the scoreboard :)

Patti said...

OH! this really is delicate and beautiful Vicki! I love the gold accents you added!

Patti

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is beautiful Vicki the central image is pure delight I love the embossed sentiment and the gold mirri card it looks so classy
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Even with all the fussy cutting I do Vicky these flower would be tiny for me too..fabulous stamp set and love the gold embossed sentiment..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Monika Reeck said...

oh so tiny and cute flower DIES you have
lucky you Vicki
and this card so sweeetttt and adorable
I love the gold and the sentiment
that dots so tiny and sweet on your wreath
Love always your card and this is CAS perfectly
I just do catch up hope you have time to read my comment Vicki
hugs
Monika

Sarah said...

This is so pretty!! Love the bright little flowers and the luxurious gold touches xx

Diane said...

Just lovely Vicki, the gold frame really sets off the pretty wreath.

Hugs Diane

Jerrie said...

OOH, love the gold and all the gold details! You are so right...this is such a delicate stamp and the gold makes it shine! I love all the colors and the little butterfly you added by the saying!

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with all the texture and colorful flowers on the wreath! The mirror cardstock dressed everything up perfectly!

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, I really like the shiny CS and the embossed sentiment, Vicki!

Asha said...

WOW! This card is elegant, classy and perfectly CAS. The wreat h is simply lovely. Great job, my friend.
hugs, Asha

Donna Ellis said...

Very pretty and wonderful details! Hope you are enjoying a great week. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, de

Teresa Doyle said...

Vicki, your card is just stunning TFS!

Davi said...

Such a pretty card Vicki!! Love the pops of gold with the wreath :)

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly touch of class designed card and colour combo's chosen are fabulous.xx  {aNNie}

Rahmat said...

I like how you framed that soft flowers wreath with a gold frame. Gorgeous colors Vicki.

jimlynn said...

The gold is was just the right touch for an already beautiful card. Love the little butterfly too.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Another beautiful card Vicki, I love that little wreath and the touches of gold!
Hugs, Tammy

Céline said...

soooo
gorgeous
hugs
céline

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Such a pretty card! Great!

Donna said...

This is stunning and the deep gold is amazing!

cm said...

Gorgeous spring wreath, Vicki! Of course, I spotted the lovely red butterfly first...swooning!
Hugs`c

Aileen Ryan said...

Beautiful card, love the layout and the gold finishing touches.

Donna said...

So pretty Vicki, gorgeous CAS design and the gold mirri card and embossing are incredibly tactile. :) Donna ♥ x

Pia S said...

Beautiful wreath, I believe it's the kind of stamp you'll find yourself be using over and over, so many possibilities. These colors would look totally different with a black background, going from springy to folkloric, just as an example of this stamp's versatility...

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the wreath-could be adapted for a few occassions
Carol x

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this sweet sentiment and that cute wreath!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You are creating little wonders with that wreath - just delightful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...