"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Whimsy Stamps April New Release - Day 4

Hello friends!
Welcome to DAY 4 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) April New Release!
Today and every day this week I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that is being released this month which is available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store RIGHT NOW!!!  Yay!

If you have missed any of my posts this week, here are the links:
Day 1 Post (CLICK HERE) - Baby Animals with coordinating dies
Day 2 Post (CLICK HERE) - Mom's Layered Flowers
Day 3 Post (CLICK HERE) - Spring Wreath with coordinating dies

So please join me here every day this week including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each set with some inspiration & of course special prize opportunities!
 Whimsy Stamps newest artist/illustrator Nina-Marie Trapani has created 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology crafting dies to complement the stamp sets for this month's release.
For the Day 4 release, we are showcasing the new "Hand Lettered Thoughts".
Here's what I've made using this stamp set:
I was wanting to try out this really fun background using my watercolor set, so I have used several layers of color to make this fun space sky design which I thought would be a nice compliment for this stamp set.  I embossed the "believe" sentiment from the set with white embossing powder and then finished off the sentiment by stamping the "in yourself" underneath the space sky panel in black ink.

I have used the star image from this same stamp set to ink up several stars on the white background panel with gold ink.  I thought it matched up with portions of the space sky where I've added the gold.  This space sky panel was popped up using some foam tape and then I cut out the front portion of the white card base with the Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Rectangles Nested dies set and then attached that to my white A2 sized card base.

Here's a closer view at the details of my card:
There is some really pretty gold shimmer within the sky and it's really stunning in person when you're looking at it from different angles.  I love the dimension in the sky that the watercolor layers gave to it.  I splattered the stars on with some of the shimmer white watercolor.

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes all week long as well! Make sure you join in today through Friday, April 15th for all the new release festivities!   Here's one way to win:  Share this badge below to any of your favorite social media and then go to the Whimsy Stamps blog to let them know you did!!
Good luck!!

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!  :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More - CAS

Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes

37 comments:

jimlynn said...

Fantastic plus! Love your space sky and it looks so real. Great job on that - and the entire card Vicki! Love it.
Lynn

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Margreet said...

Beautiful!
xxx Margreet

Donna Ellis said...

Oh MY! How gorgeous this background is, Miss Vicki! Looks amazing! and your embossed stars are the perfect accompaniment! hugs, de

Lori Kobular said...

Love your "space sky" kind of reminds me of a northern lights sky! The embossed believe looks terrific! Love the stars and the curvy stitching on the outside edge of the card!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! I love your watercolored space sky and your fabulous clean design!
Hugs, Tammy

Sarah said...

Such a great design...out of this world!! xx

Deb said...

This is amazing Vicki! you are inspiring me to try embossing again, you get such lovely clean results whereas I am quite messy!
Debxx

Jerrie said...

Oh mu, this background you have created looks like a night sky! I do not know if you used gold but it sure looks like it. I love your little white dots in the sky and the embossed believe really highlights the dots. I love the design of your card and the gold stars under the image! Fantastic Job!!

Donna said...

How gorgeous and inspiring!

Tammy said...

I've looked at each of the new Whimsy releases you've posted and they are all wonderful! I especially liked the Mom's Layered Flowers, really loved them and such gorgeous colors! You're cards are always something special to see!

cm said...

In awe at the fabulous background that is the perfect canvas for your embossed sentiment! Dreamy...lovely...
Hugs~c

Carol L said...

I really like the sharp contrast of the image panel against the white background. It's a great look, and a wonderful card creation!

CaroleAnn said...

Love the sky background you created and I wish the glimmer could be seen on my pc as I am sure it really is something special. Great card idea! Hugs

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Magic!!!!

Mac Mable said...

The most perfect sentiment for your fabulous background. The colours are fabulous, such a great effect x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki this is brilliant what a magical, mystical looking card those colours look amazing just like a starry night, superb creation
hugs
lorraine x

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card!
have a great day!
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Tracey said...

Absolutely beautiful Vicki :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Asha said...

That background is simply spectacular, my friend!
x Asha

MiamiKel said...

What a stunning card - simple yet elegance and such true words! Lovely, lovely card, Vicki - the swirled kaleidoscope of colors is a vision! ♥

Patti said...

Cool background!! It could be a photo of space! you go girl!!

Sweet sentiment too friend!

Patti

Céline said...

oh wow fantastic!!
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Vicki
I know that kuretake gansai tambi has gold water color and you use this for your space sky so perfectly
woooohoooo I love love your sky it looks so real
and many many thanks for joining at ATSM this time
you are a queen of watercolor background my friend
hugs
and see you around
Monika

Donna said...

Stunning and elegant design Vicki, the colours are so beautiful and I love the celestial design :) Donna ♥ x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is stunning!

Pia S said...

Oh, the space turned out fabulous! I won't call it the background, it's more like the main feature where the stamps work nicely as additions...

NanaConnie said...

WOW! Magnificent background sky, Vicki! Love the stars.

Rahmat said...

Awesome sky Vicki, it looks magnificent, so glad you stopped by ATSM.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, I love this. I love the background.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous space background and love the embossed believe
Carol x

Patti J said...

Wow, this is so awesome! Thanks for the never ending inspiration, my friend!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that galaxy scene, gorgeous!!!

Sandy How said...

Gorgeous background for your inspiring sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Mandy LaCroix said...

WOW! This is just stunning! Fabulous card!
Thanks for sharing it over at Addicted To Stamps & More!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful galaxy background!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hi Vicky,
yes, I believe! When I look at this beautiful card I can believe anything :-)
hugs,
BozenA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...