"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, April 15, 2016

Whimsy Stamps April New Release - Day 5 (final day)

Hello friends!
Welcome to DAY 5 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) April New Release!
Today is the final day of the April New Release inspiration that I will be sharing with you.  I hope you have enjoyed my posts this week for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that has been released this month which is available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store
 RIGHT NOW!!!  Yay! 
(Have you already been doing some shopping for your favorites yet?!) 

If you have missed any of my posts this week, here are the links:
Day 1 Post (CLICK HERE) - Baby Animals with coordinating dies
Day 2 Post (CLICK HERE) - Mom's Layered Flowers
Day 3 Post (CLICK HERE) - Spring Wreath with coordinating dies
Day 4 Post (CLICK HERE) - Hand Lettered Thoughts

Don't forget about the special prize opportunities that are available during this release week as well!  Be sure to check out the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for complete details so you don't miss anything!

 Whimsy Stamps newest artist/illustrator Nina-Marie Trapani has created 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology crafting dies to complement the stamp sets for this month's release.
For the Day 5 release, it is a "designer's choice" day to use any of the new releases or combination of the new April products that we would like to create with.
Here's what I've decided to make with some of the products you've seen this week as well from previous releases:
I think those images from the Baby Animals set are absolutely adorable!!
I chose to use the sweet panda bear for my design, but I also wanted to make something with this particular set to show that you can make other creations with it other than just baby themed designs, so I wanted to take it to make a birthday card design.

I have colored in this panda bear using Copic markers and while I was coloring in, I also colored a red balloon from last month's new release Sketched Elephants and then cut it out with the coordinating dies.  I've also cut out the panda bear with the coordinating Baby Animals die set.

For the background of my design, I have just used some soft colored rainbow looking paper, but you could easily sponge in the colors yourself for the background.  I also stamped the sentiment in black ink from the Sketched Elephants stamp set.  I had an older cloud die that I used to cut out some clouds for the background too.  For the edges of the rainbow sky panel, I have used the Whimsy Stamps Pierced Border Trio dies and just used the particular die that leaves an embossed mark, but doesn't cut out your paper.

Now moving along to the ground portion of my card, I have used the same Pierced Border Trio dies to cut some grassy hills with green colored card stock.  I have popped up the front layer with foam tape for dimension.  The flowers on the hills are from the Spring Wreath and coordinating dies which I stamped in various ink colors and cut them out to layer over the cut grassy hills.

Here's a closer view of the design:
I think it makes it look like the panda bear is getting lifted away from the balloon and is waving at you from the sky! :)  I have added some detail to the panda's face with a white gel pen and I covered the red balloon with some glossy accents.  This entire front panel scene was attached to a black A2 sized card base.

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs.  Make sure you join in today - Friday, April 15th for your last chance to win a prize!   Here's one way to win:  Share this badge below to any of your favorite social media and then go to the Whimsy Stamps blog to let them know you did!!
Good luck!!

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration throughout this entire New Release week.  I certainly look forward to creating some more with these fun products, so be sure to come back for even more inspiration during this entire month!

Thanks for dropping by and enjoy your weekend! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


36 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

so cute card!
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Davi said...

Such a sweet card Vicki, I love it!! A perfect little scene you created :) Have a great weekend !

Lori Kobular said...

Adorable card! I love the colors on the background and that Panda bear floating by with his balloon is so stinking cute!

Mac Mable said...

That panda is so cute, loving his little face. Gorgeous idea to pop him flying with the balloon. Loving the glossy accents on the balloon and the detailing at the bottom x

Sarah said...

Aaaaah Vicki...I love him!! Such a sweetheart and the shiny red balloon is perfect!! xx

Jerrie said...

This looks like a Hallmark card! You have done a perfect job coloring and designing this card! The little flowers hiding in the hillside and the faux stitching add such a dynamic detail! Have a creative weeken d but you prpbably need a rest first!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, Vicki! This could NOT be any cuter!!! How delightful! I love how you've colored the panda and given him (her!) such depth of movement - what a cutie! Love the background as well ~ superb card! Hugs!!

Patti said...

This card just makes me smile!! I love that little Panda and the scene you created for him is delightful!!

Patti

Olga Jewell said...

Super cute!!!!

Chrissy said...

Awww..he is just adorable Vicki..fabulous colouring and love the hills and flowers...gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Ellis said...

Darling design, Vicki, and FABULOUS creativity with your panda floating up with the bold red balloon! Love it! Hugs, de

Tammy said...

Awww this is adorable Vicki! I love the fun scene you've created and the fab pierced dies! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

jimlynn said...

What a cute, cute little guy this one is! LOVE the scene you created with the rolling hills and tiny little flowers too. Precious!
Lynn

cm said...

I can't hold back so here goes: SQUEAL!!! Oh my, Vicki! Your panda, floating in the sky with the lovely, glossy balloon, is adorable to the MAX! What a charming scene...and his expression is priceless! Fabulous card guaranteed to make someone's birthday extra fabulous! Your showcases this week: superb! You are awesome!
Hugs~c

Carol L said...

It looks as if this cute panda is just floating on air! Love the stitched hills and cute flowers! Adorable!

Patti J said...

You are the 'Scene Queen', my friend! What a sweet creation...thanks for sharing!

Céline said...

totally love this card, so cute
hugs
céline

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh wow! Your card is so sweet and cute!!! Love, love, love!!! <3

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant and oh so cute is this gorgeous creation, love this image and gorgeous colours chosen. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.xx
 {aNNie}

Donna said...

This is just charming Vicki, what a beautiful scene with this adorable panda! I like the stitched die on the side and I thought the background was sponge, that paper is perfect. I enjoyed all your release designs. Have a wonderful weekend!😊

Monika Reeck said...

I luv this cute teddy
and always luv your glossy accent on your balloon
the scene is so so cuuute
love this card much dear Vicki
many thanks for preparing my bday card you are so so sweet
I miss you
hugs
Monika

laurie said...

Your panda is adorable, and I love that shiny balloon!Cute card Vicki!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, adorable little panda and such a beautifully created background too. Love the accent on the ballon, looks brilliant :) Donna ♥ x

coldwaters2 said...

Oooooo Vicki (I am squealing with delight) I love, love that cutie Panda image this is one awesome colourful card and I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Aww, this most be the cutest Panda ever Vicki! Hope he lands softly. The sky is so beautiful with the lovely pastel colours, I adore this card.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Pia S said...

Many items from different sets, it just shows how versatile these items are, and you can mix and match at own taste and needs. It's adorable, a well designed scene, ageless and gender neutral.

Regina said...

Absolutely delightful cards since my last visit here!
Your last card is fun with the adorable little panda!

sending big hugs - Regina

NanaConnie said...

Oh, such an adorable bear! Love how you've used the dies to make the hills and flowers, too.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this precious panda floating above your flowered hills!! Super cute design, Vicki!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card. That panda is adorable.

Patricia St Martin said...

Adorable, Love the look on the Panda's face it is so funny.
Hugs Pat

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute panda and scene-brilliant sky
Carol x

alexandra s.m. said...

Another master piece dear Vicki!
Your card is adorable and so well done!
Pure eye candy I tell you!!
Hugs~

Shelly Schmidt said...

This sweet Panda in the beautiful scene makes for a fabulous card! LOVE this card : )

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! I love the scene you created with those little flowers and the glossy accents on the balloon.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That fat panda makes me smile - looks like he doesn't quite trust that balloon ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...