"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, April 11, 2016

Whimsy Stamps April New Release Week - Day 1

Hello friends!
Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) New Release Week is here!
Today and every day this week I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that is being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting this WEDNESDAY, April 13th!

So please join me here every day this week including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each set with some inspiration & of course special prize opportunities!
 Whimsy Stamps newest artist/illustrator Nina-Marie Trapani has created 4 new clear stamp sets and 2 new Shapeology crafting dies to complement the stamp sets for this month's release.

So for the Day 1 release, we are showcasing the new "Baby Animals" with the coordinating dies.  You've seen the sneak peek on my blog last week, so here's the full card details:
When I saw this stamp set, that sweet little giraffe was the first thing that grabbed my heart! :)  I decided to do some watercolor for my design including a resist with the watercolor.

I took several of the sentiments within this set and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder over a watercolor paper background.  I then used my Kuretake Gansi Tambi watercolor set to watercolor the background in different colors and let them sort of run together a bit.  The wording that I embossed in the background shows through the watercolor.  It is very subtle, but that's how I was hoping for it look.  I stamped the grass images at the bottom of the watercolor paper panel with a waterproof ink.  I then stamped the giraffe with black pigment ink and heat embossed him with clear embossing powder.  I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color him in with and then I popped him up over the watercolor background.

The circle panel was cut out with the Whimsy Stamps stitched circle dies and then I used the "baby" die cut from this coordinating stamp set to cut out several layers and glued them together to attach over the stitched circle.  I stamped a couple of hearts with the waterproof ink and colored them in with the Real Brush markers too.  I've also added a couple of clear sequins to the background and then took my white gel pen to add some stitched lines around the edge of the pink card base.

Here's another view:

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes all week long as well! Make sure you join in today through Friday, April 15th for all the new release festivities!   Here's one way to win:  Share this badge below to any of your favorite social media and then go to the Whimsy Stamps blog to let them know you did!!
Good luck!!

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!  :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges - baby animals or critters
Cute Card Thursday - Something Shiny (embossing and sequins)

37 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card Vicki, sweet image coloured to perfection. love it.xx
 {aNNie}

Donna said...

This giraffe is darling and your watercolor background is fabulous Vicki! Have a good week!

jimlynn said...

What a cute little giraffe for a baby card! So pretty with the watercoloring in the background and love the sequins and special touches.
Lynn

Lynn McAuley said...

What a precious card, Vicki! I love the sentiment and watercolor background for this sweet giraffe!

Margreet said...

Awww, what a lovely card Vicki...love how you put all together!
xxx Margreet

Bad Kitty said...

super cute card!
love it!
have a nice day
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Kim said...

The Mother's Day card is gorgeous and the baby giraffe is ADORABLE. I love your watercolor backgrounds.

Patti said...

Hi Vicki it is so great to see you today! I can't wait for the rest of your posts this week if this amazing card is any indication of what you will share!

I LOVE this huggable little baby that you colored just perfectly!

Have a great week friend.

Patti

Lori Kobular said...

How sweet is that baby giraffe!! I love it! You colored him/her perfectly!

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh this is the cutest and adorable card. That giraffes face is so cutchable..is that a word? Loving the background you've done. The prettiest oo colours and loving this card. Looking forward to your blogs this week x

Chrissy said...

Your little Giraffe is so cute and I love the background and colours Vicki with the baby sign too...so adorable.

luv CHRISSYxx

Diane said...

Greetings Vicki, what a lovely background design and such a cute Giraffe.

Hugs Diane

Pia S said...

How precious, this little giraffe is adorable and so perfect for a baby card. Love your water coloring, the background looks beautiful, great use of sentiments too...

Donna Ellis said...

Love the cheeks on your little baby giraffe, Vicki. How cute the colors and shading are! And your background is GORGEOUSLY done! Really sweet with all the faux stitching, too! hugs, de

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that sweet little giraffe and your fabulous watercolored background, perfect baby card!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute giraffe and embossed sentiment -fabulous watercolour background
Carol x

Carol L said...

This is absolutely adorable! The giraffe is as sweet as can be, and that water colored background looks perfect! Wonderful card!

NanaConnie said...

I have a friend who would love this little giraffe, Vicki, and I may just have to get it so that I cad do a card for her. :-D I love your background and all the soft colors. Hugs, NC

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute. I love the sweet little giraffe.

laurie said...

So cute! Awesome background,too. I love that giraffe!

Shannon McComb said...

That giraffe is seriously sweet!! & your card is just precious Vicki!!
I adore the colors and water coloring you did!!! Lovely!!
xo

Aileen Ryan said...

Vicki these crads are so pretty. I love the soft colours used and cant wait to get my hands on the new floral stamps and baby animals. So cute.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh this card is so precious! I love the watercolored background, love the sweet giraffe and the embossed sentiments you used. So sweet!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Precious card!!!!

Desire Fourie said...

Such a darling baby card Vicki. Love how the mixed media in the background works so well on this baby design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Elena Orsi said...

very beautiful and sweet your card, I like this stamp.
hugs,
creativEle

Davi said...

Vicki this is STUNNING!! The way you did the watery background, color and the embossing is beautiful and the sweet giraffe and stitching are amazing together!!

Deb said...

So gorgeous! I love your amazing watercolor background, so very artistic and creative! hugs Debxx

coldwaters2 said...

Awwww how cute and adorable this card is Vicki I love that image so much also the fabulous colours I love how they seem to run into each other the effect is amazing
hugs
lorraine x

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Love how you did the background and using the soft colors. The sequins add the little touch of sparkle. Nice thinking to pop the giraffe up, it like look at me first!!
The sweetest card.
Hugs Pat

Jerrie said...

vicki, you just melted my heart with this darling giraffe card. My first grand daughter was born April 1 and your card immediately made me think of her! Your colors are so pretty together and this is such a sweet card!

Teresa Doyle said...

Love this giraffe too Vicki and I love what you did with it. Your card is sweet!

Céline said...

so cute !!! love your background
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Vicki
happy to see you again and I am late again to comment now I try to catch up
I loveee your background so melted so good that colors and the baby Girraffe soo so cuuuteee again lovely coloring and the baby DIE
perfecto!
great baby card Vicki
nice faux stitching too
Now jump to your other post
hugs
Monika

Asha said...

This card is perfect in every way, Vicki - the soft water colour back ground, the adorable little giraffe and sequins for a little cheeky sparkle. What a special baby card this is.
hugs, Asha

Rahmat said...

Cute! I am drooling over the soft and colorful background, perfect for the whole scene

cm said...

Vicki, I want to wrap that wee giraffe in a soft blanket and cuddle it for hours on end!A darling baby card; guaranteed to be a keepsake!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...