"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Happy Mail Spotted

Hello friends!
Hope you are having a great week!  We are already half way through the week!
It's another Whimsy Stamps Wednesday, so I have another fun creation to share with you using some of their newest released products:
I think this is the only pup that I haven't used from the Playful Pups set that was released earlier this month.  LOL!  He's so cute and I say "he" because I added the gold bow underneath his neck.  You could easily change any of these pups to a "girl dog" by adding this bow (included with the stamp set) to the top of the head.  I fussy cut around him with a border, cut out the bow, colored with my gold pen and fussy cut that out to add to the pup. The pup was popped up with foam tape over the black circle.   I have also used the tiny hearts included with this set and embossed them with gold embossing powder over the black circle which I've cut out using the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Circles Die Set.  I also used it to cut out an open circle for part of the design on my card.

Of course I found the perfect papers in my stash to go with my spotted dog design, so I used those and attached it to a black 4" x 5- 1/4" piece of black card stock and put this onto an A2 sized white card base.  I have hoarded this gold ribbon for some time and decided to use some for my card to go with that fun doggie bow! :)

For the sentiment on my card, I have used the newest release sentiment set called From a Friend and embossed it on a piece of vellum with gold embossing powder.  I fussy cut around it and glued it to the card front.  I like how you can still see the card design through it.

So you haven't yet checked out the May release from Whimsy Stamps, CLICK HERE to see them all!!  There will be more coming next month, so be watching my blog! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by...I appreciate your support!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge - I used bottom row:  Bow, Texture, Vellum

City Crafter - Black & White

Little Red Wagon - Round and Round

41 comments:

Margreet said...

Brilliant card Vicki! Love the effect of the black circles and the dotted background!
xxx Margreet

CaroleAnn said...

Love the image and your whole design. This is a very happy card to receive - love that ribbon too - glad you used it on your card - perfect compliment to an already perfect card design! Hugs

Stef H said...

super cute. love the beach scene below too! hope you're enjoying this heat! have a great week!

hugs :)

Ros Crawford said...

What a super card for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Shelly said...

Oh, this is sooo cute, Vicki! Love it!

Lori Kobular said...

That puppy is so adorable! Love the black and white with the touch of gold! Fun and sweet card!

Asha said...

You know me enough to know I totally, utterly, shamelessly this card. I just want to rub his little-wittle pink belly-welly! :) Awesome design, my friend. I'm off to catch up on the rest.
x Asha

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the sweet dog and dotty background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cm said...

I'm with Asha: I want to rub his pink belly-welly, too *grin! Fabulous card filled with spotted splendor! Now I have 'dalmation puppy' on my wish list. A real one...
Hugs~c

MiamiKel said...

A gem this is!! I love your sweet little spotted card! We had a dalmation for years - your card just brought a flood of memories ♥ We got Lady when our first child was born so they could grow up together :) Love the this from top to bottom, my friend!

jimlynn said...

See Spot run.....and see Spot spot a cute, cute card! LOVE all the spots and dots - on the paper and that cute little pup. The sentiment looks great embossed in the gold.
Lynn

Shannon McComb said...

oh my this is so very sweet Vicki!!
LOVE the gold!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that sweet pup and all of the gold details, fabulous layout too!
Hugs, Tammy

Bad Kitty said...

so sweet card!
have a nice day!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Marina said...

So cute and love the vellum sentiment. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Tammy said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love the polkadots to go along with the Dalmatian! Great dogs, I've had two!

Carol L said...

what a cute and fun card, and I love the gold embossing on vellum! This is definitely happy mail :)

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Vicki, this is just precious! Love your definition of "Happy Mail" because it's so true. :-D Fabulous card design, my friend.

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, I love the spotted theme on your darling card ! A great design idea to carry the spots through right up to the gigantic circles! Beautiful gold embossing, and fantastic card! Hugs, de

aussie aNNie said...

Vicki what a delightful and cheery card. Love this pup and your papers to match. Awesome card to be my first comment stop of the morning....love ++...
 {aNNie}

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Mimi said...

Sooooo cute! You combined those challenges like an absolute boss!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulously inspired design, Vicki! I love this sweet pup on your black, white, and gold design!

Julia Aston said...

What a cute card Vicki! love the dalmation and all the spots!

Céline said...

so so cute
hugs
céline

Patti said...

OMGosh! this is too cute! what could be better than polka dots and a Dalmatian with a pink tummy and cheeks!

Patti

Patti J said...

So cute! Love this, Vicki!!!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.... your card with the cute dog is so wonderful and fantastic... Love it
Hugs ANja

Donna said...

This card is stunning, it has that WOW factor and love that saying!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a perfect combo - the spotted DP and that cute little Dalmatian!

Desire Fourie said...

That doggie is just so cute Vicki and the gold ribbon finished it off perfectly.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Monika Reeck said...

I luv that little dog
so so cuutee
and the gold sentiment is clever
lovely dots black and big dots too
lovely use the photo inspiration
your card always clever and I believe this is a winner card Vicki
hugs
Monika

Nora N. said...

This is adorable!! I love the black and white paper paired with the adorable dog. Such a sweet card!! Thanks for playing with Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe challenge!

Nora Noll
Stamping Smiles Designs
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Blog
Design Team Member

Mandy Reedyk said...

Your card is ADORABLE Vicki!!!! :) Thanks for playing along with us this week at Little Red Wagon! :)

Stella said...

This is spot on our theme and your dog is such a cutie:) Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and sentiment and love all the dottiness
Carol x

Jerrie said...

Wowza! You have nailed the inspiration photo!

Donna said...

Wow Vicki! This card is stunning and cute all in one! Love the polka dot background and the adorable little dalmation...fab gold embossing too...looks lush! :) Donna ♥ x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh how adorable this card is Vicki I love the doggy also the fabby colours and card design, excellent make
hugs
lorraine x

Rahmat said...

Great take on the picture, it matches so well. love the card with so many dots. Great monochromatic take.

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute and definitely a card that would cheer up a friend! Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...