"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

SCS Featured Stamper - Caseing myself, PB & J and Other Fun!

Hello friends!
Welcome to the month of May! Yay!  I really love Spring with all of the blooming of flowers.  We have gotten some good rain over the last several days, so I'm expecting some more blooms to pop out from my yard! :)

It's been far apart and sporatic posting for me, but I have many things to share with you in this post today, so please bare with me!  I hope you enjoy the variety of crafts here!

I'd like to start out with a wonderful announcement too!
I have been a community member over at Splitcoast Stampers since 2004.  It is the VERY first place on the social media that I first fell in love and connected with other crafters like myself.  It is very inspirational, informative and a great community to join with.  So it's an honor to have been picked for the "Featured Stamper" (FS482) challenge for this week over there!

What the challenge entails is that you CASE one of the designs from my SCS gallery and share what you've created in the challenge forum and/or with the key code:  FS482 when uploading your project so that it shows up in the gallery.  I would LOVE for you to play along this week and see what you come up with!  Hope to see your creation in the gallery!

So, due to this special honor, I thought I'd CASE myself! LOL!
Here is the card that I made using a current MFT color challenge:
I have used this gorgeous MFT Dienamics Flutter of Butterflies-Lace dies before and still have so many more things I want to do with it.  It also comes with dies for the center of the butterfly which I've die cut out in the matching colors from the squares, but I changed the order of the colors to make them stand out more.  I've also used the Wink of Stella glitter pen for the wings.  The centers are also covered with some glossy accents.

For the square panels, I've matched up the colors with the MFT color challenge (see below) and then stamped them with the Roses All Over Background with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with some clear EP.  I layered them onto a piece of black card stock which was mounted onto an A2 white card base.  The sentiment at the bottom comes from the MFT Totally Happy stamp set which I stamped with black ink at the bottom.  Finished off the card with a few white enamel dots.

And this is the card from my SCS gallery that I have CASED from:
CLICK HERE for the link to this card post on SCS.
Hope you can play along too!  There are MANY cards in my gallery to CASE from! :)

CHALLENGES FOR THIS BUTTERFLY CARD:
1.  My Favorite Things Color Challenge - challenge #44

2.  Cute Card Thursday - No patterned papers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, now onto my second card for today which is what I call "PB & J":
When you commit to playing in a couple of challenges, sometimes it can really define how your card is going to turn out!  So let me walk you through my process here:
I wanted to play along in the current MFT sketch challenge ( see below), so when looking at it my first thought was to use the fun MFT Dienamics LLD Donuts.  I thought it would be a fun accent for that circle shape on the sketch.  I also decided to play along with a color combo challenge (see below) which pretty much decided what colors I would be using for my design as well.  So to make the strips for the sketch, I have used the MFT Dienamics Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX and then just cut the three colors in strips and connected them back together as if they were one die cut piece.

For the sentiment panel, I used the MFT Dienamics Horizontal Stitched Stripes and then stamped the sentiment from the MFT LLD Donuts and Sprinkles set.  Both the rounded stitched strips and the donut was popped up with some foam tape.  I finished it off with some die cut "sprinkles" from the LLD Donuts die and glued them on in random places.   I've also covered the die cut frosting on the donut with stamped sprinkles and then covered it with some glossy accents.

I just thought the colors and food theme reminded me of PB & J...YUM! :)

CHALLENGES FOR PB & J DONUT:
1.  MFTWSC278 - sketch

2.  {Cupcake Inspirations} - CIC358 color combo: Lilac, Apricot, Gray

3.  CASology - Sprinkle

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now I had promised that I would share a couple of things I had made during the little craft retreat that I went to this last week.  Mind you, this was not really a "stamp retreat", but the classes that I took mostly involved painting which is very far from my comfort zone.  I don't have all of the projects finished from my classes, but the ones that I did finish up, I thought I would share with you:  (Please be kind...I'm new to this sort of media!)

I see some of my fellow blog friends with their wonderful mixed media projects and I've always been very intrigued with it, but have always been too scared to give one a try.  Well, there was a class on a mixed media project, so I gave it a go and I can see why you are all hooked on it...so fun!
This is on an 8 x 10 canvas and was prepped with some decoupage word paper and crackle paint.  In the class we added decoupage with snowman paper pieces, the sentiment and the ephemera that she provided in class.  I also decoupaged some paper at the bottom for the snow ground.  I painted over the snowman and ground papers with white paint including the added snow and over the snowman's scarf.  I painted on the snowman's face and arms and of course used some paint to float around the ephemera, snowman and snow ground.  There were also stencils, stamps, tape and other various items we used on here.  There were so many layers to this, but I had lots of fun with it.

What I added to it at home were the sequins stars on the scarf and the glitter over the snow on the snowman's arms and nose.  I also added a dot of liquid pearls to the center of the stars and the stenciled snowflakes.

For my other finished project, I painted these cute "Ghoulie Bulbs":
I thought these were so much fun!  They are actual light bulbs that I painted.  I did not draw with a marker at all...which I wanted to do, but in class we were to use a liner paint brush to draw on the face.  We even sprayed them outside to seal them and then we finished them up with the hair, hat, outfits and hangers.  A little out of my comfort zone to actually paint instead of draw, but it was lots of fun and I look forward to finishing up my other projects soon!

I hope you've enjoyed my post today and I'll be back soon!
Thanks for dropping by...have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


42 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well, you have been a busy crafter! ALL your projects are amazing! And congrats on being the Featured Stamper! What an honor, but it's not a surprise to me at all!

Margreet said...

What a lovely post with such various creations, Vicki...love your butterfly card (great details!) and your canvas is outstanding!!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Vicki you have been busy these projects are all fantastic, I love the cards that you have made they are both gorgeous, the canvas looks awesome it is full of colour and texture, the Halloween project looks such fun, well done you
hugs
lorraine x

Sarah said...

Well you have been a busy bee!! Where to start though...the butterflies are ace, the donut is brilliant (love the sprinkles!!), I really LOVE the Christmas canvas, but the ghoulish bulbs win the day for me...amazing work xx

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fun retreat that must have been! These are fabulous, Vicki!

Lori Kobular said...

Congratulations on being a Featured Stamper!! That is awesome! I love all your projects that you have been busy with! Love your canvas! That snowman is so sweet! Love your ghoulie bulbs too! And your donut is adorable!!

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed your post today, lots of projects, fun and you've been working hard. Love he eggs project, so very different. Also love dthe vibrancy and layout on the first card x Thank you for sharing x

Pia S said...

What a great, fun post, Vicky, so many different projects, some that are 'you' and some surprises. Did you use actual sprinkle on your card? Sure looks like it:) mixed media, such scary words, but I so love seeing this style. One day I'll have the courage to try it too. I'm always several steps behind what's on trend, lol.

Donna Ellis said...

How fun to recycle you design elements! Your goulie bulbs are painted marvelously, Vicki! WOW! I especially enjoy your Christmas Decoration on canvas. It's a beautiful piece of artwork!

Your 2nd card for the day is adorable - love the sentiment with your dough-nut sprinkles dancing all over the page, Jacki. I think I like your casing of yourself even more than the original! (did that sentence make sense? LOL) the butterflies look great, and I like that the bodies are from the color on the diagonal panel.

Thanks for sharing your fabulous creations today! hugs, de

Shannon McComb said...

Oh wow! You've been a busy lady!!
All such fun creations!!
LOVE the colors with your butterfly card!!
Lovely Vicki!!
:)

Kim said...

You have been a busy bee! I love your take on casing yourself! Those butterfly dies are so pretty against all those colored backgrounds. Love your sketch challenge card and the colors used. The Winter canvas is so adorable! What can I say about those halloween bulbs.....so CUTE!!!

Chrissy said...

WOW!!...go Vicki!...love your cards, always do, but your mixed media project is totally wonderful..so many textures and love the snowman and colours..brilliant...your light bulbs are just Fabulous..so fun and FABULOUS..

Luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

First of all....huge congrats on being named Featured Stamper! What a wonderful honor and so well deserved too.
Fabulous projects and cards to show too. Love the butterfly card and that sentiment is totally true! Love it!
Your canvas is awesome. Wow! Such fun - and speaking of fun.....it looks like Halloween! TOOO CUTE!
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your Featured Stamper and love the vibrant background colours and great die-cut butterflies-fabulous doughnut and love the sprinkles-brilliant mixed media canvas I love all the layers and texture-love the snowman image too-love the fabulous painted lightbulbs and great results
Carol x

Sue said...

I saw over the weekend that you were chosen as the Featured Stamper at SCS. Congratulations, so well deserved. I have a card on my table half done that I cased and will get it done today and posted.

Love the snowman canvas, what a fun project. You did and excellent job with it, it is beautiful. Never met a snowman I didn't love.

Your light bulb painting looks fabulous too. I used to do decorative painting before stamping and it can be so much fun.

Your card is wonderful too, so much to see and enjoy today.

Congratulations again!

Hugs
Sue

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your cards Vicki!
Great use of colors and design as always!!
Hugs~

Jerrie said...

Wow, your post is jam packed with crafty goodness! First, congrats on your SCS featured stamper assignment! Your cards are fun, colorful and you have CASed the best! Looks like a fun retreat...the projects are darling!

Carol L said...

There's a lot of eye candy in this post, and everything looks so pretty and amazing too! I LOVE those lightbulbs, and you mastered the art of using a paint brush very quickly! NJ on everything!

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, ALL of your creations are amazing!! Beautiful cards and I absolutely love your Christmas canvas, so many details and textures! AND OMGosh your Halloween bulbs are so cute, I love them!
Hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

A huge WOW on everything, Vicki! Love the painted lightbulbs, my friend. They remind me of the year I made painted lightbulb Christmas ornaments for everyone in the family. Took quite a while but they were dearly loved and have been treasured over the years.

Rahmat said...

Congrats on being the featured artist at the SCS Vicki, I love that card. The second one fun with the PB n J set. Thanks for sharing the projects from the craft retreat too, and yes I miss your work on the blog land.

laurie said...

WOW! What awesome projects! Congrats on being a featured stamper....I can see why you were chosen!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki, I don't even know where to start! First, congratulats to you on being a featured stamper! I remember your original card but your new one is stunning! Lovely color combo! And the mixed meeeting art and bulbs are just gorgeous - both are wonderful additions to home decor!
What a fun blog post! ♥

Davi said...

Holy Moly Vicki you are one busy Girl!! Great job on the casing, I really like the butterflies and that you did the colored body on each one! The donut one is darling, love those sprinkles :) Your canvas is FANTASTIC, I LOVE it!!! Your little bulb ornaments turned out adorable :)

nancy littrell said...

Wow, so many creative and fun crafty art to share. Congratulations for being chosen Featured Stamper at SCS. Well deserved my friend. Loved your mixed media canvas and adorable bulb ghouls too. I loved your card you CASE'd and your new beauty. TFS all your talents Vicki.

nancy littrell said...

Wow, so many creative and fun crafty art to share. Congratulations for being chosen Featured Stamper at SCS. Well deserved my friend. Loved your mixed media canvas and adorable bulb ghouls too. I loved your card you CASE'd and your new beauty. TFS all your talents Vicki.

Bad Kitty said...

so many wonderful creations!
love your mixmedia project!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

aussie aNNie said...

Wowzer, feature stamper, awesome Vicki and what a brilliant lot of creations today, the sprinkles on the donut card are awesomely yummy. Stunning work of art on the Mixed media , lovely coloured images and beautiful designs.xx{aNNie}

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow Vicki.... so fantastic and wonderful creations... your are a allrounder.. you can do anything.... your mixmedia project is stunning.

hugs Anja

Lori said...

Wow - fabulous creations! You've been busy!

Donna said...

All fabulous creations! Great job CASing yourself, and your donut card is so sweet, and your mixed media is fabulous, I need to venture more into that area. Enjoyed your post today, hope all is well your way, take care dear friend!

Patricia St Martin said...

Totally fantastic Vicki you have been a busy person. Love everything!! Going back up your Ghoulie Bulbs are amazing, tuned out wonderful. The mixed media project LOVE (I want to do one). Next card made me laugh it is so cute and love the sprinkles. Splitcoast has always been one of my favorite places also. Congratulations to have your card picked to Featured Stampers. Wonderful post.
Hugs Pat

Darnell J Knauss said...

What's not to enjoy? This was such a fun post, Vicki! Great job with CASEing yourself, with your second cute card, and with that lightbulb art! How flippin fun are they?!! Love it! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell J Knauss said...

P.S. Forgot to say congratulations for being the Featured Stamper at SCS!!! Well-deserved!!

cm said...

Holy moley, Vicki...I need a few minutes to catch my breath after seeing the abundant creativity you've expressed here! You know I'm completely in love with your butterfly card; so incredibly pretty! And that gem, followed by a scrumptious, sprinkle donut...oh my! Yummy! Thrilled that you shared this delectable lilac, apricot and grey treat in the Cupcakes Inspiration gallery! As for your mixed media projects: speechless in awe! The techniques you've learned suit you perfectly! Oh, how I wish I lived in a place where classes were available, because I'd love to engage in them. Trying things on my own doesn't work out very well. The ghoulie bulbs: fantastic! If their 'ingredients' (minus the light bulbs, of course) came in a kit, I'd be going shopping! So glad I'm catching up today; you've brightened my spirits incredibly!
Hugs~c

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are all wonderful. You've been busy.

Monika Reeck said...

I lovveee that butterfly card Vicki
so adorable so great colors behind it and so lovely sentiment too Great CASE ing card Vicki...the Donut looks sooo yummmyyyyy I love that strips of paper I thought it was paint chip but you did it so great and I love the sprinkle of that donut sugar yummmyyy
the other mixed media card so so coool
its new from you I never seen you did like this and it is cooolll and the last project oh so cute the face and so clever you did ..I never made similar like this and I am in love with what you made
so talented Lady like you
and I am happy being your friend
biig hugs
Monika

Call me Naki said...

What a fun card, Vicki! Your donut looks so yummy! Thank you for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

Eva Ng said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva Ng, DT -

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous selection of projects. I do like the fun donut card for our colour challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. Thanks so much for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations this week. Deborah, DT.

Diane m said...

Beautiful cards Vicki! Congrats to you for being among the Sweet Six at Cupcake Inspirations :)

Asha said...

Super awesome post, Vicki. Sounds like you had fun and learnt a lot at the retreat. Your mixed media projects are stunning. Light bulbs! I never would have guessed!
x Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...