"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, May 27, 2016

Sunshine Smiles

Hello friends!  It's Finally Friday, we're here, you've made it!
It's Memorial Day weekend and we have some plans to work outside in our yard if weather is permitting.  We've got half of the garden planted and moving on to some flowers, landscaping and a patio!  Pretty ambitious for a weekend, huh?

Today, I wanted to share a card I made with one of the Simon Says Stamp card kits that I have stock piled up in my room and not being used!  I was determined to make something...
I just love how this one turned out!  I have used the SSS May 2016 card kit for my card today.  I did some masking with the cloud in the background by taking off the face from the cloud with masking tape and then I made an additional mask of the entire cloud so that I could sponge on some distress coloring for the blue sky area.  (I used Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean)

For the sun and the additional cloud, I stamped them onto a separate sheet of card stock, colored them in and fussy cut them out to arrange and pop up over my card design.  The sun was just glued down over the back cloud and then the front cloud was attached with foam tape.

I added a sentiment strip which was included with the kit along with the plaid papers, sentiment and sequins. (I cut my own fish tail end on the sentiment strip.)  Both the papers and the front white panel were cut out with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle (and large ones) dies.  If you like the plaid papers from the kit, they are also sold by Lawn Fawn as well!  CLICK HERE to see them all!  :)

Here's a close-up view of the sun and how I've colored it in.  I kept the cheeks a light pink color and added some white dots with my gel pen.  I see there are a few of the glitter specks that attached to his cheeks, but it looks like it adds a bit more sparkle to him.  I had some glitter in my stash and used it to cover the sun's cheeks and every other sun ray.

Hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Freshly Made Sketches FMS238

2.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes!

3.  Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - Use SUNSHINE on your project


39 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Pure sunshine delight and a great take on the sketch. Love the sparkly touches.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Stef H said...

i love it! you know i'm a huge fan of CAS. not only is your card great, but you're the best picture taker. your photos are always so clear and crisp. i'm jealous - LOL.

i was reflecting the other day on when we first met and how i walked around the craft fair asking people "are you vicki?" do you remember that? just have to laugh! and look where we are... years later!!! are we blessed or what!

have a fantabulous weekend, my friend, and thanks for the memories!

hugs :)

Shannon McComb said...

This is SO sunny and happy!!
Adorable!!

Lynn McAuley said...

This sweet card is sure to bring a little cheer to all who see it, Vicki!

Margreet said...

This card brings the sun in my heart and a smile on my face...brilliant!
Enjoy working in your garden!
xxx Margreet

MiamiKel said...

Squee!!! This is super adorable! So cheerful and happy, a bit of whimsy and fun thrown in - totally YOU!! I'm glad you are pleased with this card because it's off the charts!! Have a blessed long weekend, my friend :)

Linda Simpson said...

Such a sweet card and loving the sun!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. .your card is amazing and now it`s shining here, too....
Thanks for the sun ....

Hugs Anja

Diane said...

Just adorable Vicki, your little sun is so cute peeking out from the cloud.

Happy Memorial Day to you.

Hugs Diane

Lori Kobular said...

Such an adorable and happy card! Love the glitter on the sun!

Donna said...

This is fabulous Vicki! I like the message and all the details, the glitter on the sun, your soft sponging, the stamping on the banner, the sequins.... Have a great weekend!

jimlynn said...

I love how this turned out too Vicki! SO cute! The sun is smiling and shining - what more could be want.
Hope you have a good weekend and don't work too hard.
Lynn

Patti said...

I'm smiling!! delightful cheerful card! I love the plaid paper!

Have a wonderful weekend. We have the same gardening plans ourselves.

Patti

Bad Kitty said...

very sweet card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Chrissy said...

Beautiful sparkle Vicki and love the cute stamps and your fabulous design..you always make lovely designs..I cannot follow sketches too well as I seem to wander in the wrong direction half way through and do my own thing..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a happy and sunny card - so perfect for this Holiday weekend! Loving all the sparkle!

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, no wonder you love how your card turned out! It is fun, happy, beautiful, delightful and beyond sweet! I love it, too. Hope your weekend is just as you planned and has a little extra sweetness to it! xxoo

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this card.

CaroleAnn said...

Vicki
I absolutely love this - you know how much I love things that sparkle and I love how you put the sparkle in your card with your elements - love the shading in your background too!! Hugs and have a great weekend.

Carol L said...

Now this is the kind of card I can warm up to! I love that plaid background and that cute smiling glittery sun! Adorbs!

Asha said...

You make CAS look so easy! If only! This card is sooooo cute and I doe your inking. Perfect! And THANK YOU so much for the card. LOVE it. You make my heart sing, Vicki. I am blessed to call you my friend.
HUGS, Asha

aussie aNNie said...

Great touch on the theme Vicki.
So adorable is this card, just loving it....enjoy the weekend..xx  {aNNie}

NanaConnie said...

Love, love, LOVE the sparkle and simple design, Vicki! Great take on that sketch, too. I'm off for the weekend so will catch up with you on Tuesday. :-D

Monika Reeck said...

I am in love with this Vicki
so crisp
so cute
so sweet sun shine
and so lovely DP
your card always fresh and unique Vicki
I wish I get one card more from you and all your cards I save it Vicki
this year I waiting for my belated bday card hehehe no no it is a joke
I love all your cards
anything you will send me It is a lucky day I mean I will be soo happy to get one more card for you again
Vicki happy Sunday tomorrow and Happy Saturday for today (here is 18:54 will be night soon) I just finished catch up hope you smile read my comment hehe :)
hugs
Monika

Patti J said...

Saw this on FB, had to come look closer! Adorable, my friend!!!

Davi said...

Such a sweet card Vicki!! I love your sweet sunny image and the sparkles, Super job :)

Céline said...

so pretty
love the colors

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki! I love the images and the added sparkle! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant fun card and love the sentiment I used to sing this to my grandaughters when they were little untill one day Holly looked at me ans said-Grandma don't sing !!!! she was only tiny -start as you mean to go on eh lol
Carol x

Jerrie said...

After five days of rain it was so good to see the sun! Your sunshine made me smile. You have created a soft, adorable card!

Mimi said...

Oh this is so cute! I think the summer bug bit you also... this is so bright and cheerful!

Karren said...

This is such a fun card - it makes me smile just looking at it! Fabulous choice of elements! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Donna said...

Beautiful sunny card Vicki, love the orange and pink background and the little scene in the foreground is adorable! Happy Memorial Day weekend! :) Donna ♥ x

Jennifer said...

So super fun! I love how you made the clouds and your sparkly sunshine! Made me smile!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your take is my favorite Vicki!
Absolutely adorable!!
xx

nwilliams6 said...

So cheerful and sweet - just like you! Hugz

coldwaters2 said...

Loving this wonderful sunshine card Vicki a fabulous CAS style it makes you feel happy
hugs
lorraine x

Rahmat said...

Super cute card, I really like the shimmer on the sun, it is gorgeous.

Anne said...

Adorable - this made me smile
I love sequins... and the graduated inking is a perfect background idea

Anne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...