"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Time Out for Sandie's Birthday!

Hello friends!  Hope you all had a great weekend!
I think I'm worn out from the crafty festivities I had!! LOL!!

Just popping in here today to share a special card I made for a fellow blogger's 50th birthday!
(CLICK HERE or the badge to be taken to the Link-Up post!)
Kylie is hosting a special "Link-Up Party" over on her blog in Sandie's honor.  There is also a special challenge over at the TIME OUT challenge blog in her honor as well!

I have been on the ATSM design team with her and thought I would join in the birthday fun too!    I wasn't on the team with Sandie for too long, but what I DO know of her, I know that she likes the color purple, like myself, and also that she likes butterflies...so of course this was no problem to put together a card for her:
I've actually had this layout in my head for a while and just hadn't got the time to try it out until now!  I have used the MFT "Wonky Chevron" stencil and some distress inks to sponge the background of the card.  I used my Whimsy Stamps Stitched Circle Die to cut an opening along the edge of the card front so that the circle went off the edge.  (This created a "see-through" design.)

Here's the card when it's shut or laid flat:
I pulled out my "Butterfly Birthday" stamp set from Happy Little Stampers and white embossed a butterfly over a piece of eggplant card stock.  I used the coordinating "Butterfly Dies" to cut it out and then glued the center of the butterfly to the INSIDE of the card so that it fits through the circle opening on the front. The sentiment comes from the same stamp set which I white embossed over another strip of eggplant card stock.  I made a fish tail cut on the end of it and attached it underneath the circle opening and finished off the card with some clear enamel glitter dots.

Here's a closer look of the shimmer details:
I've used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to color in the open areas of the butterfly as well as the strip on the sentiment panel.  I think it gives it a nice subtle shimmer.

Wishing Sandie a very happy 50th birthday!  (I know my card will be so late as it has a ways to travel to her, but hope she enjoys it just the same!)  :)

Thanks so much for dropping by friends!  See you tomorrow!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  TIME OUT - Happy birthday Sandie!  (CAS with the option of using purple)

2.  CASology - Stencil

3.  Happy Little Stampers -  May Anything Goes with Dies


4.  Happy Little Stampers Link Up

38 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Sandie will love this beauty! Gorgeous stenciling and wonderful with that little bit of sparkle!

Drive By Crafts said...

Thank you Vicki for posting our badge on your blog..

This card is just gorgeous and totally love your blog. Happy Crafting

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki and a super design with the butterfly all shimmery...so pretty..and Happy birthday to Sandie..

luv CHRISSYxx

Patti said...

This is so sweet Vicki! Sandie is sure to love it!! she is such a sweet gal : ) I hope to get my card for her posted tomorrow!!

Can't wait to see what you created last weekend!!

Patti

Pia S said...

I love the stencil you've used! It gives your card an edge, really cool, and love the concept of the cut out circle part as well. Brilliant card for Sandie!

jimlynn said...

Shimmery, pretty, and oh, I love! Great stenciling and love the design with the butterfly on it.
Hope you had a wonderful creative weekend! Do we get to see the results now!
Lynn

Diane said...

Really lovely background color, design and wonderful butterfly.

Hugs Diane

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card and stenciling my Friend!

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful birthday card! I love the purple chevrons and that beautiful butterfly on your card!

crafty-stamper said...

It's purple lol great minds think alike-love the chevron stamp and the die off the edge -our challenge at Get Creative is Purple so you could join us too
Carol x

Carol L said...

I love the purple & blue color combo and they look so well in pastel shades! What a great birthday card to celebrate Sandie's birthday!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card Vicki! I LOVE your stenciled background and the gorgeous colors!
Hugs, Tammy

laurie said...

Love all the sparkle..what a fun card! So pretty!

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card!
have a nice day!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this idea and the stencil is looking wonderful...great CAS card...xx

NanaConnie said...

Love your white embossing on the purple, Vicki! The added shine of the Wink is also great. Lovely simple design, my friend.

Monika Reeck said...

I really love the embossing in white Vicki
and the sponged chevron (?) is adorable great cut out circle too
sweet bday card and I believe Sandie will love this
so do I
hugs
Monika

Céline said...

oh fun design, love it
hugs
céline

Imke said...

Vicki, the stenciled background looks great and i like the colors. Great card !

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

sandie said...

Hi Vicki, this is so perfect, I adore the shades of purple and such a cool design, I can't wait to see it IRL, am very touched you are sending it to me xx

Shannon McComb said...

wow! the colors are just gorgeous! You did a beautiful job Vicki!!

Sherrie M. said...

Love your monochromatic purple stenciled background Vicki! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

Kim said...

I love your stenciled background! Awesome colors and I love the embossed butterfly.

Jerrie said...

I love your unique background and the cut out for the butterfly! Sandie will love her cyber birthday card~

nwilliams6 said...

Love the colors on this! Some very creative stamping and designing my talented friend. I am going to try something like this soon! Many hugz

cm said...

Stencils and butterflies: two of my most favourite things! Your card is incredibly pretty! I know Sandie will adore it, as do I! (And yes, 'chevron stencil' added to my wish list *grin*)
hugs~c

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic card Vicki love the graduation of colour on the chevron pattern also loving the butterfly this is one superb make
hugs
Lorraine x

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful job Vicki!!! Sandie will love her card as it is in her favorite color. Love the chevron stencil and how you added the butterfly.
Hugs Pat

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the background- the graduated color is awesome. Love the cut out and the pretty butterfly as well. Beautiful card!

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card Vicki, love the colour gradient on the chevrons and the little butterfly is adorable...I can see the shimmer from here :) Donna ♥ x

Ardyth said...

Love the colour choices and the cut out! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

MiamiKel said...

Vicki! This is absolutely delightful and a gorgeous pop of color with the purple!! A striking and fun birthday card that rises to the occasion! Hugs!!

Donna said...

Tis is stunning Vicki, great colors and design, love it!!

Lynn McAuley said...

I LOVE this one, Vicki! How awesome!

Rahmat said...

Stunning card Vicki, the ombre chevrons look fun, and the die cut butterfly is perfect, so glad to see you at HLS.

Asha said...

Gorgeous!!!!! And right up Sandie's alley! Purple, CAS and butterflies.well done, friend!
x Asha

Susan Renshaw said...

Super CAS card!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful birthday butterfly card!

Danni is starting back up her Flutter By Wednesday challenges and is looking for new DT members. Please check it out here: Flutter By Wednesday DT Call http://flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com/2016/12/flutter-by-team-dt-call.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...