"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, May 9, 2016

Whimsy Stamps May New Release - Day 1 Inspiration!

Hello friends!
Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) NEW RELEASE is here!
Today and every day for the next THREE days, I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that are being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting this WEDNESDAY, May 11th!

So please join me here every day including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each set with some inspiration & of course special prize opportunities!

Today we are introducing "Playful Pups" with the "Additions" set (add on) along with "From a Friend" and the Shapeology "Hand Stitched Border" dies.  Here's what they look like:


For my first card, I have used both the "Playful Pups" and the "Add On" clear sets:
These pups are too stinkin' CUTE and I just had a blast coloring in these cute critters!  Here, I have made a fun scene using my distress inks for the background.  I have sprayed it with water to make the splatter effect on it.  I cut it out with the Whimsy Stamps Shapeology "Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles".  I've also cut out a strip of green card stock using the same die I used on the background, but then I also took the Whimsy Shapeology "Pierced Border Trio" dies to cut the grassy hill that the pup is sitting on.

I then stamped all of the images, colored them with my Copic markers and fussy cut them out to arrange them on my scene.  I stamped the ball and then inked it up in the background with some gray colored ink to make it look like the ball is being thrown to him.  It actually looks like the ball is getting ready to hit him on the head!! LOL!  Anyway, I was trying to create some motion with the image by using generation stamping.  The ball and the pup are popped up with foam tape.

Here is a closer view of the images.  You can better see the greeting in this photo that I have embossed the sentiment in black.  For the sign on the dog house, I stamped one of the sentiments from the "Playful Pups" set and then punched it out to size and added some sponging and the black dots with my black gel pen.  I then popped it up over the dog house with foam tape.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my second creation today, I have used the "From a Friend" and the Shapeology "Hand Stitched Border" dies:
For this card, I made a fun background using the dies.  Now, keep in mind that with this die set, they DO NOT cut anything out, instead, they make for some really cool hand-stitched lines on your paper.  I love the look of the wonky lines with them!  (I will be using these again tomorrow, so be sure to drop back by to see them used in a different way!)

For my colored strip, I've used the "Bokeh" technique with the Whimsy Stamps Circles, Circles, Circles clear stamp set.  I find that just stamping the solid circles rather than using a stencil is much easier and less messy to deal with.  I've also added some splatters with a brush and some Frost White Fantastix ink.  I then gold embossed the sentiment from the new "From a Friend" stamp set over a strip of vellum, wrapped it around the card front and then added some gold sequins.

Here's a closer view of the design:
I have popped up the "Bokeh" strip with craft foam before adding the strip of embossed vellum.  You can better see the shimmer from the ink I splattered.  The colors I've used to stamp the circles are Stampin' Up! Crisp Canteloupe, White, MFT Peach Bellini and Gold inks.  (I also blended the peach colors together in the background before stamping.)

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes, so make sure you join in today and every day for all the new release festivities!  

There is also a special announcement to share!! 
Reserve your spot to relax and enjoy some fantastic stamping time with your friends!!
Check it out:
(Just click on the photo to purchase your ticket!!)

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!  :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More - Make Your Mark (both cards work!)

Crafting by Designs - May Anything Goes (both cards work!)

35 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Two wonderful carsd, Vicki! I am truly loving that precious pup! Amazing work!

Linda Simpson said...

These are wonderful cards Vicki, I do love the background and sentiments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Two wonderful cards! You know my heart belongs to that cute little puppy card though. Love your coloring and shading on the doghouse and the ball flying through the air. CUTE stamps! The second card is lovely! The "stitching" background is so unique and pretty.
Lynn

Margreet said...

Love how you put the first card together, Vicki....great eye for detail!
Also love the 2nd card....what a fab shapeology die...a real musthave!
Unfortunately the meeting in Orlando is too far and too expensive...
xxx Margreet

Mac Mable said...

Attention to detail as always is perfection. Such a cute and adorable puppy card with lots of added interest. You've created the most fabulous effect on your second card and against the white embossed background is so perfect x

Sarah said...

Wow Vicki, this is going to be a great launch and you have been so inventive with it. Love the little pooch about to get a smack in the chops from the ball!! The other card is equally fab in such an elegant way, love the peachy tones you used xx

Shelly said...

These are both BEAUTIFUL, Vicki! Love!

Pia S said...

What darling sets with plenty of design options! There's so much detail on this flat card and I love the coloring of the background and the splatter effect.
Very impressed by the stylish background made with a stitched embossing die, great idea!,

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful cards
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

coldwaters2 said...

Two brilliant cards Vicki the little doggy one made me smile I just love his cuteness, the second card is a beauty, the look of texture, the colours and embossed sentiment are so very pretty, wonderful creations
hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Love the puppy stamp set, so darn cute. And, your card is such a fun card, pretty background too.
Your friend card is simple and elegant and I am loving the velum. I got a Mother's Day card from my husband and it had a strip of velum with a sentiment on it and I had it on my stamp desk to use as an idea, now I have two ideas!!
Thanks for the inspiration, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

Monika Reeck said...

Hiyaaaa that dog in front of his home soo soo cuuutee
love the rainbow BG you have created Vicki
and the coloring sooo wonderful love love love no other words and the second card so feminin and I love your Bokeh looks so soft and so elegant with gold and sentiment in gold too Vicki I love this one too
simple LO but so effective
I have nice present from my little boy for mother day and will tell you happy Mother Day too dear Vicki sorry late..
I start to work again since today 9 May yaayy
a bit money to buy more stamp hehehe
many thanks for your visit
I am always smiling read your sweet comment
you are a GEM
love being your friend Vicki
you never forget me
biig hugs
Monika

Carol L said...

What a great duet of cards you've shared today! I really like the bokeh look of the 2nd card with that pretty embossed vellum sentiment panel. The dog card is so cute and I just love all the wonky stitching!

laurie said...

Great cards Vicki! Those sets look fun,I love the fonts on the sentiments!

Lori Kobular said...

Two awesome cards Vicki! I love the puppy dog card, he is just too cute! And the colors on the other card look great together!

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow love this new release. That puppy card is so neat right down to the ball in notion, you clever clogs. Love your colouring and that puppy is on my list. Wonderful card.
Then the boken card (dont think I spelt that right) love the colours, still to try this technique. Isnt that new die the bees knee. I think my want/need list is higher than my NBUS pile at the moment.
I would be at that 3 day away with bells on but I think the airfare from Australia may just take it out of my budget lol. If you go I hope you totally enjoy.

Tammy said...

Two beautiful cards Vicki! I love that sweet little pup and the fun scene you've created, the bouncing ball looks awesome! I love all of the stitching on your second card and the beautiful Bokeh technique!
Big hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous designs and gorgeous stamps love them both . That craft event sounds wonderful shame I'm normally in England love and hugs Carole x

Shelly Schmidt said...

You make the cutest cards! Your dog card- so dang cute- I love the dies as well- love this card! And, your beautiful embossed sentiment- awesome!

aussie aNNie said...

Your creations are always fabulous. Brilliant design, gorgeous colours and love the image.xx
{aNNie}

Davi said...

Super job on the little scene with the sweet doggie, it is darling!! The second one is very pretty, simply wonderful!

Tanja said...

love the cute little scene you created with the dog - and the ball really looks as if it's flying into the picture - fab! - thanks for joining us at ATSM - Hugs, Tanja

Rhonda Miller said...

These cards are both terrific.

Chrissy said...

Love the background colours and water splattering technique with the dog and his kennel Vicki..the shadow behind the ball is awesome and fabulous colouring too..the effect the dies gives on no.2 is fabulous too and your gold embossed sentiment is so clean and perfect.

luv CHRISSYxx

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh I see a new stamp set in my future - those puppies!! Swoon!!! What a gorgeous duo your coloring and shading is out of this world! I've actually stayed at the place where your retreat will be held and it's GORGEOUS!!! You'll have so much fun!!! ♥

Donna said...

Great cards Vicki, the puppy card is so charming and the card with the vellum is stunning!

Shannon McComb said...

Wow Vicki! Both stunning!! Love the scene you created on the first one with the puppy and that background is amazing!!
The colors on your second card are SO pretty and LOVE how you used the border die as the background!
Amazing!
So happy to be joining you this week with the release!:)

Kim said...

The puppy card is so adorable! Love the scene and the second card is beautiful. Love the stitched look and the sentiment is awesome.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Wow, wonderful bokeh!
Hugs,
BożenA

Patti said...

Your pup card is the perfect card for me today because I have been wanting to "Catch up" with your blog!! It seems like there are more chores than hours in the day these days!! I LOVE love LOVE!! these cards!! especially the ball in the air! I got it immediately Vicki! such! a clever idea!! and your soft Bokeh panel is just dreamy. You are doing your "job" well! you always make me wanna shop! heeheehee

so will YOU be going to Orlando?? what a fun fun time that will be and October in Orlando will be perfect!! I wish I could join you my Dad and brother live in the area! but no plans for a vacation this year! : (

Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration!

Patti

Jerrie said...

I love your paper strip on the orange card and the stitching! This is just beautiful. The doggie card is cute and I love your background you have created. The dog and the doghouse are cute!

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh Vicki. Your work is just amazing! Both of your cards are fantastic! A great job!

Céline said...

fab cards
hugs
céline

NanaConnie said...

Love that cute pup, Vicki, but am really impressed with how you used the stitched border die to created such an interesting background for the second card. Lovely overall design.

Patricia St Martin said...

How fun that would be going to a craft retreat.
Love both of the card, the stamps sets and dies. You did a gorgeous job for the scene with the dog. Love how you did the background and the choice of colors, so pretty.
Hugs Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...