"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Whimsy Stamps May New Release - Day 2 Inspiration!

Hello friends!
Welcome to DAY 2 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) May NEW RELEASE!
Starting Monday, May 9th, today and tomorrow, I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that are being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting this WEDNESDAY, May 11th!

In case you may have missed any of my prior inspiration posts:

Monday, May 9th Post (Day 1 inspiration) - Playful Pups + Additions set, From a Friend and Hand Stitched Border dies



So please join me here every day including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each set with some inspiration & of course special prize opportunities!

Today we are introducing "Punny Messages", "Sweetest Birthday" and Shapeology "Shaker Builder" die set. Here is what they look like:

For my first card, I have used the above "Punny Messages" as well as  the Shapeology "Hand Stitched Border" dies from yesterday's new release post:
I think the whales in this set are absolutely adorable and I knew I wanted to color them in right away when I saw it!  I thought it would be fun to also make a "wavy" border using the fun "Hand Stitched Border" dies from yesterday's new release post.  (Remember that these dies do NOT cut anything on your paper, but they leave a fun stitched mark detail instead!)  I have used the scallop stitched border die on the different shades of blue card stock and then used my scissors to fussy cut around the scallop stitch marks.  I have also used it to make a couple of lines on the vellum portion at the bottom.

I used my distress ink and foam blending tool for the yellow color behind the waves.  The whales were colored in with my Copic markers.  I've added some dot detail with the darker gray shades of Copics and also with my white gel pen.  I covered the whale's "blow hole water" with glitter and then fussy cut the whales.  I tucked them just barely behind the vellum piece and popped them up with foam tape.  Lastly, I just stamped the "punny" sentiment with black ink in the corner.

Here's a closer view of the card:
You can better see the details of the coloring along with the subtle shimmer over the vellum that I covered with the Wink of Stella glitter pen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my second card today, I have used the "Sweetest Birthday" clear set along with the Shapeology "Shaker Builder" die set:
So I thought that just in the name itself, it implies that you make a shaker card...so of course that's what I wanted to do!  I just love this beautiful scalloped frame and thought I would use this entire area to make a fun birthday shaker design!

The insert that gets cut out when you die cut the scallop frame was also used on my card for the background of this shaker design.  I used some distress inks with my foam blending tool to make this fun "cotton candy" looking background.  I also used some water in a spray bottle for the splatter distress look to the background.  The smaller type sentiments were also stamped on the background and I had to do this very carefully because the word "birthday" was die cut with Chocolate Chip card stock over the acetate which is glued on.  So I had to do that before stamping the sentiment in the blended ink background.

The cupcake was also die cut out with the same set.  I added some lines with my marker over the cupcake bottom portion for dimension.  I've also die cut the cherry and tucked it inside the first die cut line on the frosting portion.

To make my shaker, I have attached the blended ink background onto a larger piece of white card stock that would cover the back of my frame size.  I just used strips of foam tape to pop up the scallop frame with acetate.  I then added various colors of sequins inside that I thought would help match up the background of my design and attached the background piece to seal it up.  The cupcake was just glued in the corner.

Here's a closer look at some of the details:
You can better see the details of the cupcake and frame here where I have used a specialty shimmer paper for the shaker frame as well as the frosting portion that was die cut.
I have also used some wink of stella over my cherry and then covered it with some glossy accents.  The frosting portion of the cupcake was also popped up with some foam tape before attaching it to the bottom portion of the cupcake.

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes, so make sure you join in today and every day for all the new release festivities!  

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!  :)
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
House of Cards - Vellum or Acetate (entering both cards!)

CAS-UAL Fridays - Birthday Girl (CFC147) - entering shaker card

Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies (entering shaker card)

45 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Two absolutely fantastic cards, Vicki - you make those stamps shine! I especially love those cute whales!

Lori Kobular said...

Two awesome cards Vicki! I love the birthday shaker card with the rainbow background and the whale card is just adorable!!

Jennifer Scull said...

both of these cards are just wonderful! Whimsy always has some of the cutest stamps. :) of course everything you make is cute as can be, too!

sorry I am so very awful about getting around and leaving comments. it's certainly not because I'm not thinking about you, just because I'm a terrible blogger! take care and know you are in my thoughts. :)

Shelly said...

Oh my word! These are CUUUTE!!...Those whales! Love your shaker and cupcake!

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Vicki, I just adore the cute whales and great shaker card too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, I love both of these. Those whales are so cute and that shaker card is fantastic.

Tammy said...

Two adorable cards Vicki! The whales are sooo cute and I love the stitched waves! AND what a fun shaker card, that cupcake with the sentiment is a perfect birthday card!
Hugs, Tammy

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki....
I`m so spechless... your whales are so cute and sweet... so fantastic
and your card with the shaker builder ist perfect in styling and colours.

Wonderful !!!!!!

Wish you a nice day
Anja

Chrissy said...

I love the little whales Vicki..the ocean waves are fabulous and love the background and your cup cake shaker looks good enough to eat..gorgeous cards..

Luv CHRISSYxx

MiamiKel said...

OH I whaley like your cards, Vicki! :) Both of them are so cheerful and fun and colorful! Great job! ♥

Donna said...

These are both gorgeous cards Vicki and I am so glad you joined House of Cards with you fabulous shaker card. Donna

Mac Mable said...

The cutest of cards and that shaker card is outstanding x

Shannon McComb said...

How fun is that shaker card!! Love it and love how you created the waves on your sea scene!
Beautiful!!

Kim said...

The whale card is so cute! The dies for the water is fab. The birthday shaker card looks so yummy and oh my all those sparkly shaker card decorations are so fun!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hi Viki,
This wonderful card. The first card is very expressive. Great beautiful background and wonderful fill in shaker. Thank you for this card, I enjoy eyes beautiful view.
The second card is very joyful. Super card.
hugs,
BozenA

Patti said...

I have NEVER seen two sweeter whales! I love those little faces and your coloring is amazing! Great water you created too!!

You are THE Shaker Gal! in my book!!!! I love your amazing background for this SWEET card!

Patti

Jennifer said...

These both are so sweet! I do adore your little whales and how you coloured them! The vellum waves are a cool touch. Love the shaker for the cupcake card!

Patti J said...

These are adorable! The whales are just darling, and those stitched waves are too much fun! Thanks for the smiles, my friend!

Carol L said...

I whaley like the first card (koff koff) with the glitter and waves! It's really cute, but so is that festive shaker card! I love all the sparkle and the little cupcake! Fun!!

Julie P said...

Such pretty cards, just love the shaker, beautifully done xo Julie P

Bad Kitty said...

two wonderful cards!
love them!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

aussie aNNie said...

Two fabulously gorgeous cards...love them I whaley do...xxx{aNNie}

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Jerrie said...

Those whales are adorable and your have colored them so nicely! I love your card!! Your shaker card is so fun with the bright background and the cupcake on the bottom!!

jimlynn said...

Two more fun and cute cards. The whales are darling and I love the way you did the waves. The cupcake card is just plain YUMMY looking! Lynn

Teresa Doyle said...

These are both fantastic Vicki but your shaker card is gorgeous! TS!

Céline said...

that's so cute
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card love the image and waves-great play on words--love the cupcake shaker card and beautiful frame die
carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Two brilliant creations Vicki I totally adore the cute Whales and the waves the shaker card is superb, fantastic work
hugs
Lorraine x

Claire said...

I'm a sucker for Whimsy Stamps and you've showcased all these new sets beautifully! Love the graduated background behind the cupcake...such a fun card. And those whales are just the cutest! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Helen Gullett said...

What a beautiful and fun shaker birthday card. I love the shaker filler and that rainbow background you created. Perfect with a cupcake.

Thank you so much for linking up with HLS - Anything Goes With Die Challenge this month. Hope to see you again next month!

- Helen Gullet -
www.helengullett.com
HLS DT

Monika Reeck said...

cupcake looks so yummmyyy Vicki and I wanna eat one hehehe
great shaker inside Vicki the rainbow oh so beautiful and the tiny star at shaker inside uuh cuuteeee
the fish card oh so cuuutee
adorable coloring the wave like this oh so sweettt
great sponging with yellow Vicki
uluv luv luv what you made with new released
I want to have that fish Image ooooh luv it much
hugs
Monika

NanaConnie said...

Each one of these is so cute, Vicki! ! Love that whale but I don't think the cupcake should be on my diet. :_D

Emma Sims said...

What a fabulous card. I love the background you have created to what is a stylish card. Thank you for joining us at HLS Anything Goes With Dies. Good Luck! Emma HLS DT member

Mynn Kitchen said...

These are both totally fabulous! I REALLY love that fabulous shaker card! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Can not tell you what one I like the most both of them are adorable. TFS
Hugs Pat

Pia S said...

That whale image is beyond adorable, and what a fantastic sunrise you've inked up in the horizon, love the dimension of the ocean too, it's brilliantly designed. And I love shaker cards and find them really fun to make too. Yours is sparkly and colorful with lots of great elements.

Jane Knudsen said...

Beautiful cards! But I think the whale is so stinking cute that is my favorite! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards!

Kim Hamilton said...

Such a fun shaker! Who doesn't love a cupcake! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Sue said...

Two super fun cards! Love the sweet whales and the saying. The sweet scene you made using dies looks fabulous.
And the happy birthday shaker card is great. What fun bright colors, and who doesn't love a shaker card. Nice work on both Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

cm said...

You've done it again...rendered me speechless and breathless with your two outstanding showcases! Those whales are spectacular...and the shimmer just sets them over the top in the "awe*' department! Your cupcake shaker..well, let's just say my sweet tooth is nudging me for a decadent splurge! WOW!
Hugs~c

Asha said...

Oh my goodness! How cute are these cards... I like the whales but greed is making me look at the cupcakes ... over and over again.
x Asha

Leslie said...

Fabulous project with so many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the House of Cards "Clear Papers" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, HOC DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT
A Beautiful Mess DT
Calendar Girls DT

Ruza Rebel said...

Both of your cards are truly gorgeous Vicki! Thank you for joining our May Clear Cardstock Challenge at the House of Cards. Ruza, HOC-Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Katarzyna Ewa said...

Cute cards. Love it <3 Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards May challange 'Clear papers'

Katarzyna Ewa

my candy
DT craftyenjoyments.co.uk
House of Cards Blog Hop 1-15.06.2016

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...