"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Whimsy Stamps May New Release - Day 3 Inspiration! (Final Day!)

Welcome back friends!
Today is the final day, DAY 3, of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) May NEW RELEASE!
Starting with Monday, May 9th, along with yesterday and today, I am sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that are being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting TODAY!!!!  
Yay!  Time to go shopping!!!

In case you may have missed any of my prior inspiration posts:

Monday, May 9th Post (Day 1 inspiration) - "Playful Pups" + "Additions set", "From a Friend" and "Hand Stitched Border" dies

Tuesday, May 10th Post (Day 2 inspiration) - "Punny Messages", "Sweetest Birthday" and Shapeology "Shaker Builder" die set. 

For today's inspiration, it's a "Designer's Choice" to create something using any of the May's New Release products.  I wanted to try out another one of those cute pups again for my design:
So I decided to create a bit of a story board here.  As you can see, the pup was getting a bit 'ruff' with his bunny and knocked over the flower pot as you can see from the trailing foot prints! LOL!  Then there is evidence of the dirt on portions of his bunny as well!
He didn't mean it and he's sorry of course!  :)

To make the grassy stitched lines, I have used the Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Stitched Border dies and for the "thought/speech" bubble, I have also used the WS Speech Bubble Border die to emboss with black for the sentiment at the top.  I also stamped a couple more of those foot prints along the side of the sentiment.

The sky for both portions was done with the distress inks and foam blending tool.  I have used a retired cloud die from Whimsy Stamps to add a couple of clouds to the sky behind the pup.  Everything was colored with my Copic markers.  The pup and bunny were fussy cut and popped out on the design with foam tape.  I cut a portion of the bunny's hand so it looked like it was caught in the pup's mouth.

Here's another view of the card:
Here you can see how I've colored the pup along with the coloring of the "dirt" on the bunny.  The sentiment on the speech bubble was stamped with black pigment ink and embossed with clear EP.

So I hope you've enjoyed all of my inspiration during this New Release week!
Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes, so make sure you have joined in today and every day for all the new release festivities!  

Also, don't forget about the 1st Annual Whimsy Stamps Craft Retreat to reserve your ticket!
CLICK HERE for more information!

Thanks so much for dropping in and I'll see you soon!!!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Stamping Smiles Designs Tic Tac Toe - I used Flowers, Sponging, Scene

Sunday Stamps - (SSC126) sketch + create a scene

Cardz 4 Guyz - Dig It!

43 comments:

Lindsey said...

Vicki, thus is such a cute card! A darling scene and a perfect way to apologize. So happy that you've joined us for Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #9.

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a sweet card!! Love it!

Lori Kobular said...

Love this card Vicki!! It reminds me of my two pups who are always digging in my house plants and gardens in the yard! That dog is just the cutest!

Jerrie said...

How fun is your story card! As I scrolled down I saw the sentiment and then the dog with the stuffed animal and then the broken pot. Poor dog...I am sure the CAT did it!!

jimlynn said...

Oh my! I'm pretty sure I'm in total love with that puppy! Your card is so cute and creative - all the way down to the dirt on the bunny. Precious!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Such a cute puppy! I love the beautiful card and papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my goodness Vicki, how sweet is THIS? What an absolutely adorable card! TFS!

Shelly said...

Aww...How SWEET is this?!!...Love it!

Sarah said...

Oh my!!! How cute is that!! Great card xx

Mac Mable said...

Oh Vikki this is so very clever. So very adorable and that pup is the cutest stamp and with the bunny in his mouth, you could forgive him anything! Very clever take on the Dig It challenge. Your card made me smile x

Kim said...

This is so cute! The broken flower pot reminds me of the mess I walked into this morning with my kitties. They knocked over my flower vase and spilled everything onto the carpet. What a wet mess ;D

Patti said...

Too sweet!! I love that "dirty" little bunny! giggles What a clever scene!! I just love every single delightful layer!!

Patti

Donna Ellis said...

Such precious layers and a warm, heartfelt sentiment, Vicki! A darling design, and such happy colors! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful week! hugs, de

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awww- this card is so sweet. Love your dirty bunny and flowerpot scenes. Darling!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card love the cute image and little muddy footprints
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

LOL, oh Vicki this is the cutest ever and I love, love, love it, the little doggy and the sentiment is perfect
hugs
Lorraine x

Carol L said...

Ha ha, what a cute image and fun sentiment! That dog with the dirty little bunny in his mouth is beyond adorable! Great card with a fun design :)

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, so sweet! Haven't we all needed to send a card like this at some point? Love it!

laurie said...

TOO cute! That pup is adorable Vicki!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant work. I have taken a love the gorgeous image...xx  {aNNie}

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable! Love your coloring too

Diane said...

Just fabulous Vicki, the stitching, little dog and design are so cute.

Hugs Diane

Monika Reeck said...

Acccchh the DOG
with this sentiment and see his face
ooh so cuuutee I loveeeee this Vicki
for me for me please this card I loooveee so much so cute so great design and looks like in a comic
woohooo
you are so talented lady my friend
so happy to have you as my friend and I can learn manythings from you Vicki
thanks for share your adorable card at Sunday Stamps this week
you are CLEVER card maker
hugs hugs
Monika

Tammy said...

Oh my, this is adorable Vicki, I love the fun scene you've created! Adorable images and fabulous coloring!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

What a fun card, and great job on creating such an adorable scene!

Anneke said...

Ooh Vicky, what a lovely card!! Love the cute dog ...
Hugs anneke

NanaConnie said...

Awww, such a sad puppy, Vicki. Delightful card design and I love the die cuts you did to create the foreground in the scene.

Bad Kitty said...

so cute!
love it
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Céline said...

so cute, so cute so cute
hugs
céline

Patricia St Martin said...

Awww so adorable and such a neat way to do a card soooo cute!
Hugs Pat

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Regina said...

This is just adorable! Beautiful colors and awesome coloring.
hugs Regina

Pia S said...

I think he kind of looks a bit guilty there, how cute, and such a fun design concept and take on the sketch!!

Anne said...

I love all your cards for the Whimsy new release inspiration Vicki - lovely work.
I want them all - I suppose that's the idea lol!
Anne x

Cazro said...

A brilliant cute card, loving the puppy and your design. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

Helen said...

A really great card - love the scene you've created.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Now that is one adorable little scene!

Sue said...

Love your naughty puppy card. The scene you created is wonderful! What a fun stamp set.

Hugs
Sue

cm said...

Oh my stars! Who wouldn't accept an apology from that sweet puppy, who every bit shows he's sorry for being naughty! I want to give him a cuddle! Ultra adorable; mega heart-warming!
hugs~c

Donna said...

Haha, such a fun and cute card Vicki, love how you've created the scene with the layers and this puppy is adorable and perfectly coloured too! :) Donna ♥ x

Aileen Ryan said...

Ohh my goodness what a wonderful creation and love the sentiment. I think I commented on this before but just looked at it again and had to say something (again??)

Asha said...

Gosh! Really?! How can anyone remain cross when that cute face shows up. ADORABLE!!!
x Asha

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki, I absolutely adore this! What a charmming card, and such a cute lil guy! Your storyboard idea is just brilliant - a fun, gorgeously colored and whimsical card! Love this! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...