"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wonderful Friend

Hello friends!
We are in the middle of the week in the month of May already!
I have a feeling that Summer will zoom by really fast too!

In the meantime, I have some pretty flowers to share with you today using the latest release sets from Whimsy Stamps:
I just love the versatile uses for the Mom's Layered Flowers stamp set and I like the fact that you can build with the stems, leaves and even stamp in the color of the flowers.
For my card here, I have stamped the outlined smaller flower various times and fussy cut them out and arranged them along the side of my card.  To help me follow a curve path on the front of my white A2 sized card base, I used the Whimsy Stamps Pierced Border Trio dies to cut off a section of the front of the white card base and then used a piece of kraft card stock to layer behind in which I also used the same die set to impress the straight pierced die into.  (I also added a thin strip of gold line sticker next to it.)

For the cut out flowers, I have very lightly colored the centers with some kraft colored ink, brushed some Wink of Stella glitter over top of them and used my gold gel pen to make additional "dots" in the center of the flowers.  Some of the flowers are also popped up with foam tape.

Here you can better see how the card edging looks and get a better view of the flowers:
For the sentiment on my card front, I have used one of the tiny hearts included with the flower set and for the greeting I have used the Whimsy Stamps Hand Lettered Thoughts inked up with gold.

It's a very simple design, but I think it turned out very elegant.

**It's May, so that means a brand new release is coming up at Whimsy Stamps!!**
Be sure to join me here next week to see all of the new release products for May!!  You're going to love it!!

Thanks so much for dropping in today!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - Use Flowers
Creative with Stamps - CAS (Clean & Simple)

Crafting by Designs - May anything Goes

43 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so pretty, Vicki!

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful card. Great fussy cutting and loving the layering. I particularly love the limited colour palette and your layout. Fabulous inspiration, thank you x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning. Love the pretty stamps and design.xx{aNNie}

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Vicki! Love the flowers!

cm said...

Those flowers...that stitching...the strip of gold...oh myyyyyy! Classy and beautiful!!
Hugs~c

Lori Kobular said...

Your flowers look amazing, especially on the die-cut curve on your beautiful card!

Sarah said...

This card is really wonderful, my Friend!! A beautiful design and I love the curves and the dimension...great job!! xx

jimlynn said...

So pretty!!! I love the design on here and just have to CASE that. A beautiful, beautiful card!
lynn

Rosemary said...

beautiful design... love the way you placed the flowers and the subtle bit of color you added!

Dotty Jo x said...

This is gorgeous, Vicki! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at CWS, Jo x

Margreet said...

What a beautiful CAS card Vicki...it is só elegant!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

This is a beautiful elegant card vicki..the flowers are so pretty and love your card design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love the beautiful flowers and the fabulous design, so elegant!
Hugs, Tammy

Monika Reeck said...

I look gold on kraft paper
it makes more elegant on your card Vicki
and loovee this adorable flower on your card
great design and so CAS arrangement
love love love this card
how are you sweet friend
hugs
Monika

crafty-stamper said...

Very elegant CAS card love the border detail and beautiful flower stamp
Carol x

Olga Jewell said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Carol L said...

This is so elegant and stunning with those gorgeous flowers cascading down the front edge! I love the soft colors and beautiful clean design too! Well done!

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful. I love the design.

Jerrie said...

Vicki, I love your card! The design is great and it looks so elegant! The daisies and kraft make this a warm fuzzy card!

NanaConnie said...

This is so gorgeous, Vicki! Love the way the flowers run along the edge of the white CS backed by the kraft. What a lovely design idea.

Bad Kitty said...

so pretty card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

laurie said...

Your daisies are so pretty! I love how you arranged them at the side!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, love the flowers! I am a new follower too :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lynn McAuley said...

So beautiful, Vicky! Awesome work!

Céline said...

so élégant !!!
hugs
céline

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty with the subtle coloring

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning, like this design, your stitching and the gold strip!

MiamiKel said...

Oh no, my friend - summer is not allowed to zip by fast! LOL! Your flower card is stunning - I've seen many of these style cards with a slightly inward front but not with a row of flowers like this - stunning! of course! Just beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, I love love LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It's pinned! LOL Wonderful classy, neutral color and fantastic die cut details in your background layers. This is a beautiful card design, - the layered flowers are really fantastic and so full of dainty details! thank you for inspiring me this morning! Hope your week-end is an enjoyable one! hugs, de

Anne said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, very elegant yet such a simple card design.
Anne x

Pollard Carole said...

Beautiful love this elegant card amazing flowers love and hugs Carole x

Jennifer said...

This is so very lovely Vicki! The simple coloring really sets off the lovely styling.

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki, love the kraft and white and these little daisies are just adorable. A really beautiful CAS design! :) Donna ♥ x

Patti said...

Vicki! I love this card!! The colors you chose and those sweet flowers!! I know these companies get great card designers to show their product so your visitors will say "hey I need to buy that!" well... it worked!! I need to shop : ) I have been searching for a straight border die and while I am shopping I don't think I can resist those perfect flowers!

Great enabling friend!! : )

Patti

Tracey said...

Elegant & stunning card Vicki :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Pia S said...

Stylish! Impressed by the huge effect of the small alteration to the front of an otherwise regular a2 size design!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Vicki this is beautiful, I love those flowers also the lovely coffee and cream colours it is a dream card to me and I love it
hugs
Lorraine x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this card- this is just gorgeous! I Love, Love, Love this card!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hi Viki,
personally I do not like such toned down, natural colors, but your card is something great! You've convinced me that these colors can create a unique card! I love it and thank you for changing my beliefs.
hugs,
BozenA

Lilian YF said...

Love the flowers against the colored paper! Gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Julye said...

love daisies so your card is perfect in my book saw it on creative with stamps.

Asha said...

I dont know what to say.... this card is just soooo pretty, my friend. LOVE it.
x Asha

Jerrie said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations top 3 @ Craft Rocket Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...