"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

You Light Up My Life!

Hello friends!
Hope today finds you well!  The heat has finally come over my way which calls for me to turn on the air conditioning.  This also is the time of year in which it gets really busy for hubby and I outside to do some gardening and landscaping.  It has kept me so busy and tired lately that I haven't played too much in my craft room!  I plan to do some creating over the next few days as the weather is calling for some storms headed our way.

I have actually had the beginnings of this card on my desk from last week, but never got to finishing it up like I wanted to until yesterday, so I thought I'd share it today with you.
I hadn't gotten a chance to play with this set that I had won over at the Lawnscaping Challenge a few months back.  (I now just need to go get the coordinating dies to go with it!)  But this is the Lawn Fawn Life is Good stamp set that I've used on my card for today which I thought was very fitting for their current "Sparkle it Up:  use some shimmer & shine" challenge!

For the background of my card, I have used the Lawn Fawn Stripey Backdrop die and cut out a 4" x 5-1/4" piece with white card stock.  I used some metallic shiny red paper and cut it out again and used the stripes to inlay the pieces between the white panel which was attached to an A2 sized white card base.

For my shaker portion of my card, I have used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frames to make a frame for my shaker.  I also took the Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies to cut out a piece of acetate along with the backing for my shaker area.  The backing is what I used to create the lighthouse scene by masking and coloring it in with my Copic markers.

Here you can better see the coloring that I've done.  I also added some glitter to the lighthouse light along with using my Wink of Stella glitter pen to go over the red stripes in the lighthouse along with the water.  I also stamped a couple of seashells, colored those in and fussy cut them out to pop up along the edge of my shaker frame.  I only added a couple of star sequins for my shaker so that it wouldn't cover up the scene I worked so hard on.  The sentiment banner was just stamped and I cut the fish tails on the ends and glued it in place so that it would pop out in the center.  I took a copic marker to go over the "brighten" word and then I cover that with Wink of Stella also.  I sponged around the edges of it and used my distress tool to rough it up.

Here's another view of the sparkle and shine in my card.  Hopefully you can see it a bit!  I also covered those sea shells with my Wink of Stella too!

Thanks so much for dropping in with me today!  Hope you've enjoyed my inspiration and I'll be back again tomorrow to share more! :)  Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Lawnscaping Challenge - Sparkle it Up!

{Cupcake Inspirations} - Punny

38 comments:

laurie said...

Such a cute shaker! I'm a big fan of nautical and beach cards..this one is awesome!

LeAnne said...

SO cool....those metallic stripes are a fabulous background for this sweet little scene! Those little sequins are perfect for the "ocean spray"! Love it!

Patti said...

Great shaker!! your coloring is divine as usual!! and the addition of the diagonal shimmer just looks like beams of light from your lighthouse! Brilliant and SWEET design : )

Patti

Lori Kobular said...

Love your card! What an adorable shaker and I love the lighthouse! The red striped background is great!

Sarah said...

This is an incredible card Vicki, so beautifully coordinated. I am really loving that barber shop die and feel a(nother!!) spend coming on. I am struggling to find crafting time at the moment due to outside pursuits, won't complain though, spring took long enough arriving the UK it would be a shame to miss it while it's here!! xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous shaker card Vicki, I love the design and lighthouse.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

Wow, what a beautiful card Vicki...I love your background die and the way you used the lighthouse is brilliant!
xxx Margreet

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a very super card, and I love your fab design.
Those red stripes look wonderful, and so does the image also.
Snap I have been gardening today also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chrissy said...

Awesome shaker card Vicki..something I have yet to make..love the lighthouse stamp and the foil stripes on your card are very effective..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this nautical beauty, Vicki! What a sensational card!

jimlynn said...

What a cute and fun shaker card! I love, love, love that background die. I'm going to have to look for that one now. Fabulous card!!!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Great that your weather is improving. I hope you don't get bad storms though. Love your adorable card and the metallic red striped background makes it extra fun! Fabulous shaker card Vicki!

Nonni said...

Super cute shaker card, I love the little scene you created and the die cut bg is very stylish!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow this is brilliant Vicki love the lighthouse image and the sprakle you have put on the light, superb make
hugs
lorraine x

Carol L said...

I love all the shimmery sparklers in your shaker card! Great idea for the lighthouse to add those little stars that catch the light! Fun card!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant shaker card Vicki, I love these and this stamp is also fab...xxx{aNNie}

Asha said...

LOVE how you made a shaker card with the image. And that Stripey Backdrop looks like another must have...
x Asha

cm said...

Your lighthouse/ocean shaker is shimmery spendiferous, my friend, especially with those fabulous stars and glimmery red stripes. Gorgeous! My years-ago high school English teacher used to return home, to eastern Canada, during the summer to live in the lighthouse he owned. How cool would that be! He was an amazing teacher..thank you for sparking fond memories of him..
Hugs~c

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh, this is so gorgeous! We have a lighthouse right near one of our favorite beaches and it looks so much like this, just less sparkle and glitter! Fun-tastic!

Céline said...

wow so fun , love the design
hugs
céline

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, awesome shaker card!! That lighthouse is so cute and I LOVE that stripey backdrop die!
Hugs, Tammy

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card!
have a nice day!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicki! So glad you had a chance to finish this wonderful shaker card! The little stars are a fun shaker element and very sparkly ! Lovely red colors, and quite an unexpected design element to see the shaker element with a lighthouse! Hugs, de

Samantha Casey said...

Beautiful card, I really love the coloring and the simple beach scene you created. Your attention is detail is awesome! You did an amazing job with the Lawnscaping Challenge, thank you so much for participating!
-Samantha

Rhonda Miller said...

This is wonderful.

Julia Aston said...

wonderful sparkle on this Vicki - and I love the shiny red behind the die cut!

Pia S said...

I'm a big fan of shaker cards and nautical designs, this is a brilliant combo of both! Super coloring and sparkle, love your new background die...

Indy Owens said...

This is such a darling shaker card! So glad you had fun with our punny challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Patricia St Martin said...

Turned out wonderful and love the sparkle your dies cuts. This gives me several ideas, thanks for the inspirations and the shaker part is great idea.
Hugs Pat

Donna said...

So many fabulous cards to catch up on, you've been busy. I like all things nautical and these are great. Great shaker, that background is stunning too and like the seashells on top!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

What a gorgeous card - love it so much! I saw it featured over on the Lawn Fawn blog via your Flickr Gallery and I just HAD to stop by and say how much I love it. I love the sparkle on the lighthouse light and I love that there isn't too much shaker stuff in the shaker part - just the perfect amount to look like sparkles on the ocean & sky.

Jocelyn x

Tanja said...

love everything about your card ... the shaker element, the distressed sentiment strip ... thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations

Monika Reeck said...

I was not here for some days and I am lost in the commenting oh ooh
Vickiiii this is seriously Adorable
that paper stripes so glanz on your card
the scene is so sweet
and I loveee that stamp set you have
wanna have it too Vicki...
Adorable and fantastic sea theme card
love love love
hugs
Monika

crafty-stamper said...

we have been to a couple of garden centres today for a few plants -great shaker card and perfect sentiment for the image
carol x

Jerrie said...

What a fantastic lighthouse card! Lighthouses were stamps she used so often and I purchased them from her sale. Your card is so nice...I love it!

Kim said...

This is so pretty. I love your background and the lighthouse shaker box is so amazing! Looks so peaceful.

Rahmat said...

This is lovely, love the background , it shines really well, and the layout is superb, I love the sentiment too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...