Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Coffee on the Beach - Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop!!

Hello friends!!
You KNOW I couldn't let it go by without joining in the
I'm a bit late in joining in with my card, but I've actually had this done since before the blog hop actually started this last Friday...I'm just now sharing it because sometimes I get eyeballs on my blog of whom I don't want to see the card before they get it if I can help it! ;)

Since both hubby and I enjoy our coffee time together, I thought that I would combine his Father's Day card with some Summer Coffee Lovers theme in mind:
There's really nothing better than being able to enjoy a beautiful sunrise (or sunset!) & a cup of coffee on the beach with someone you love, right?!!  So I have taken several different Whimsy Stamps (One of the Super Sponsors for the coffee lovers blog hop!!) to create this fun coffee beach theme!

*This will also be my last post as a design team member for Whimsy Stamps as I have decided to step down from the team.  It has been a pleasure working with Denise and the DT this past year and I wish them all the best.*

First, to create my card, I've taken my distress inks to make the sky background behind the water.  This was the base of my card front design on which the rest of the scene comes together.  For the main coffee cup images along with the hearts and sentiment, I have used the Whimsy Stamps June release set called Need More.  I used my Copic markers to color in the cups in some ombre shade colors for each cup.  I have also used my Copics to "dot" in some shading for the sandy beach.  I've also used a white and clear gel pens to add to the "dots".  The sentiment was stamped with chocolate ink and embossed with clear EP.  For the faces on the cups, I have used the Whimsy Stamps June release Squeezed to make a couple.  (I added some eye lashes to the red ombre cup.)  I used my scissors to fussy cut them out and pop up with foam tape over my scene along with the coffee heart steam.

For the water waves in the background behind the cups, I have used some blue card stock and took the Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Border Dies to make the stitched lines over it.  (These dies do NOT cut anything out, they just create the stitch lines when you run them through your cutting machine.)  I used scissors to cut around the waves to attach to my card.  I also covered the entire piece with my Wink of Stella glitter pen.

For the sandy beach hills, I've taken the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border Trio Dies from some Kraft colored card stock and added the "dots" for shading on the hills.  The cups were nestled in between the hills with the one in front being popped out with foam tape.

And finally to give my beachy hills a bit more of a beach feel, I have taken the starfish image from the Whimsy Stamps June release Ocean Journeys and stamped it three times, fussy cut them out, colored them in and added them in random places on the sand hills.  I have also taken the flying birds image from this set and stamped them in my distressed colored sky.  I ended up going over them with my black gel pen for  bit of shine.

Here's a closer look at the sparkle and shine on my card:
You can better see the shinny dots that I've added to the beach hills and starfish with my clear gel pen as well as the Wink of Stella glitter pen over the coffee inside the cups and the water waves.  You can also see the shine from my black gel pen with the birds.

I put a special message inside that describes what we would like to be doing in the future after his retirement! :)  I already know how he feels about this card too.  I enjoyed putting it together for him and I was constantly thinking of our future travels together.

Hope you've enjoyed my card today friends!!
Thank you kindly for stopping by!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown - distressing

66 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and very thoughtful card for your husband. The sentiment is perfect. Love the blending (ombre) on the cups and those so cute faces x Such a contemporary, happy and positive card for your future plans x As always your attention to detail is staggering. Sorry to hear about your last post for Whimsy stamps, have always loved your inspiration x

Bad Kitty said...

very nice
so colorful
hugs

Migdalia said...

I absolutely love the super fun scene!! Super cute!
Awesome job!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Margreet said...

Awesome card for your hubby, Vicki...great coloring of the adorable image!
I think it's a great loss for Whimsy Stamps you stepping out of the team!
xxx Margreet

Michele Henderson said...

This is an amazing coffee on the beach card! The colors are gorgeous!

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Vicki! I LOVE this card! Love those coffee mugs, the sky, the beach, everything about your card screams SUMMER!!

vinita jain said...

Oh Gosh! This is sooooo cute and attractive! Made me smile!

Sue Reynolds said...

Great scenery and layering of sand water and sky...beautiful colors and bling on sand a nice complement...beautiful card

~amy~ said...

sigh, I love this!

Ceal said...

So cute! Love it

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous! Love all of the details you added....all of those touches just make it eye candy!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this looks fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Danni said...

This is just amazing!! Wowzers!! So creative and awesome!

MaryH said...

Oh this is so pretty & cleverly done. Love the 'beach sand' texture, and thanks for sharing the closeup. The coffee couple are darling, and love the waves too. Fabulous sunset with your sponging, and what a perfect Father's Day card for a guy who loves his coffee. I can remember having some coffee, watching the sunrise on a beach (lived in Florida many long years). Now I wouldn't be getting up early enough to have a coffee sunrise, so I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Well done on the beach scene with all the details. TFS

Corr InkWell Journal said...

Best sand representation I've seen -- love the dunes, and your eye-catching mugs, too!

Hetty said...

I can feel the heat of the beach. Must get some lotion!
Such a beautiful scene you have created. WOW!!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

WOW! The beach on your card looks just perfect! All those glittery pieces of shells ... lovely! Awesome card for hubby - mine would appreciate this as he knows how much I love my coffee!!

Jeannie said...

Hi Vicki! I saw this over on splitcoast and had to stop by for a visit to see more! It is soooo darn cute and the colors are just amazing. Everything about it is just perfect :)

Jeannie T.
My blog challenge this week is: Stuck on You (cactus and succulents)
More Info to Join Here:
Dragonfly Journeys

Tammy said...

WOW this is awesome Vicki, I love the fun beach scene you've created!! Gorgeous colors and design, I love how you did your sand too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!!! Gorgeus card!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful summer coffee card!

Maura Hibbitts said...

Lovely beach card, and your colors are perfect!!

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card, Vicki, love all the details and the rainbow colors! Happy Hopping and Enjoy your summer.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicki! Thank you for your sweet wishes regarding my BIL, and for sending cards to brighten their days - you are such a generous person, and I want you to know that you have made a difference in someone's life.

Know, for your two little coffee lovers are the beach - HOW IMAGINATIVE! Lovely colors, elements, and layers, of course. But my favorite part is the rainbow cups with those adorable little white dimples as they smile happily, enjoying each other on their day off. It's especially cute the way you have nestled them into the sand.

Wonderful card! (as always).

love,
de

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the scen you created with the meaning behind it too
Carol x

Lola said...

Wow, the coloring is beautiful. Love the background and the coffee cups! I'm sure he LOVED it.

Eva said...

Beautiful coffee cups in the beach!!! Great card;)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love the adorable beach scene you created, gorgeous inky sky, and the ombre cups!

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous, beautiful scene, I especially like the sparkle on the sand!

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous card Vicki..gorgeous colouring..love the sand and the smiley cups...too cute.

luv CHRISSYxx

Ann said...

Such a cute card and the little starfish is adorable.

Carol L said...

This is wonderful Vicki, and I can't imagine a cuter pair of coffee mugs than those on your card! I like the summery beach theme too, and a good cuppa java is good anywhere you happen to be!

Gail said...

summer all the way - fabulous

Gayla O'Dell said...

I love the fun colors but I really love it on the beach! Super fun!

Davi said...

AWEsome job Vicki, I love the color and beachy feel, Very cool :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love these two mugs in a beach scene, fabulous!

aussie aNNie said...

FABulous bright colours, love the card and coffee..xx

Team Clark said...

SOOO beautiful, and just perfect for this summer challenge!

OH Babs said...

Oh my this card is so cute and full of color and texture.

cm said...

Your card is beyond fabulous, Vicki, and what gives it even greater impact is the 'essence' behind its creation: your love for your husband and the life you share together! Heart-warming and touching! Those smiling little coffee cups, enjoying their beach-time together, under a gorgeous summer sky and in shimmering sand, are priceless! You will be so missed at Whimsy, but I hear you: sometimes we need to 'make room' for new adventures!
Hugs and love~c

Imke said...

Amazing card, Vicki ! These colors rocks and you did a great job with the Summer Coffee theme.

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Jerrie said...

Vicki, I love your card! The sand looks so real and the coloring is so vivid and fun! It looks like the message was written in the sand as you are seeing in pics these days!

Céline said...

fun card, love the colors
hugs
céline

Asha said...

Just give me a sec while I pick my jaw off the floor! Where to I start with this card...everything about it is perfect even the sand. Oh yes... hubby will be wanting more... coffee, I mean! (LOVE the romantic sky).
HUGS Asha

Asha said...

p.s. Dropping in again to say so glad you joined Tuesday Throwdown challenge.
HUGS Asha

Beverley said...

WOW! Love those two cute colourful cups nestled in the sand - simply amazing card. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hi Vicky,
just I got an email notification of this post :-)))) So running another option observation ( FeedBurner ??)!
This card is amazing. I love the color combination so intense and joyful. Great card, exceptionally beautiful !!
Hugs,
BożenA

Karen B. said...

One of my favorite cards from the hop! Love everything about this!

Patti J said...

This is one of my favorite 'Vicki' cards! Love every single inch of this one, and I bet 'eyeballs' did too! Hugs...

Tracey said...

Absolutely fabulous card Vicki! I love the colours :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fun beach scene and love the colors and the sand granules.

Helen F. said...

Oh how fun is this!

Tonya said...

Great card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Absolutely awesome beach scene! Such a happy card! Love how you created teh sand!

Akshma Aksh said...

super

Helen Gullett said...

So adorable!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Lol, oh Vicki this is full of summer fun.....and coffee, lol, brilliant make I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Oh my I love this card! Your colors and scene are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges!
Hugs,
Pam
TT DT

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Oh my I love this card! Your colors and scene are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges!
Hugs,
Pam
TT DT

Patti said...

Awww this is more than a card it is a love story!! SWEET Vicki!

Patti

Monika Reeck said...

ach two cup fallen in love near the sea
you really made an adorable background Vicki luv that wave and the sand ooh looks so real and color on the mug / cup so perfectly I adore this scene Vicki
one day I will CASe ing this (if I can make the sand haha its not easy to make like this look so real)
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laurie said...

Wow your shading is gorgeous! Another fun idea,too..so cute!

Donna said...

Abaolutely love this card Vicki, perfect for coffee lovers and I love the glitter pen on the cups, gives a lovely shimmer...perfect! :) Donna ♥ x

nwilliams6 said...

A beach scene with coffee cups - now that takes talent to pull off and you did!!! Wonderfully fun card and I love the colors and design. Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...