"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Special Surprise Birthday Beach Blog Hop for Asha!!

Hello friends!
I'm so excited to be taking part in this very special "surprise" birthday blog hop for
Asha Martins
Happy birthday!!!!!!!
(Hope you truly enjoy your special day my friend!  You deserve it!!)

Welcome to our SURPRISE Birthday Beach Blog Hop 
for the lovely Asha!  
If this is the very first place you are starting out, then please go to the very beginning of the blog hop that STARTS HERE {At the MHKDesigns blog} to complete the hop for details and more chances to WIN!  We are celebrating this very special lady today, and we're doing so by creating "beachy" themed birthday cards to wish her many happy returns!

If you would also like to participate and join in the fun along with us and/or make a birthday creation for Asha, we would love to have you join by using this fun "beachy" color combination/photo on your creation too!  Check it out below:

I have decided to use the fun colors shown above for my card as well:
I have used this really yummy looking cake image from the MHKDesigns Eat Your Cake Digital Stamp Set for my card for Asha today!

So I was inspired by the photo alongside the colors and decided to use some wood-grain papers from my stash for the background.  I tried to keep close to the "beachy" colors as well for my cake that I've colored in with my Copic markers.  Both the cake image and sentiment were printed out on my computer and I then cut it out with Stitched rectangle dies and layered it onto a chocolate piece of card stock.  I added some twine around this panel and popped it up with foam tape over the wood-grain background and blue strip.

Here's a closer view of the details:
For the accents, I've used a wood veneer star in the corner and then added some fine glitter detail to the flames in the candles and the stars on the cake.  I've used my Wink of Stella glitter pen for the accents around the candle flames and lastly, I've added some star confetti over the front of the image panel.  Most of them are concentrated on the cake frosting.

I sure hope that you enjoy my card Asha....it's on the way to you! :)


Thank you so much for joining in our hop to say "Happy Birthday" to our dear friend!  Your next stop on the hop is Asha's blog! {The Birthday Girl herself!} - so please go wish her a very happy birthday and see what gorgeous creation she has unknowingly made without realizing that we've put together this surprise blog hop for her!!  TEE HEE! :)

If you happen to get lost along the way, here's a complete list of the blog hop participants:

MHKDesignsBlog (Begin here!)

>>>>>Vicki Parson - YOU ARE HERE<<<<<

**AshaMartins (birthday girl)**

                                 Rocky Crafter                                 
Tuesday Throwdown (challenge blog)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Sketch Saturday - sketch #417

2.  Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes


3.  CCEE Stampers - CCEE1624 Birthday


4.  The Paper Players - PP300 - Celebration

41 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card!

judith@poppy cottage said...

Great use of the colour combo Vicki. I'm so glad that I could join in with our lovely friend Asha's Birthday hop. See you further down the line! Judith xx

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic birthday cake, Vicki! It's such fun to see you here, helping celebrate Asha's birthday. I've been MIA with summer travels but am trying to get caught up before I travel for another couple of weeks, starting this Friday. Will check back when I return. :-D

Patti said...

OMGosh! I LOVE Asha!! and I didn't know it was her birthday!! This is a sensational card for her. I just love that cake!!

Thank you for letting us know this dear sweet lady is celebrating today! : )

Patti

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! I love the colours and design. Great sentiment too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Berni Cuttino said...

Fabulous and yummy, So ready to have a piece right now with my morning tea. Beautiful palette and composition. So excited to be a part of this fabulous birthday/ beach hop for Asha.
Have fantastic day!
Hugs
Berni

Lola said...

Such a great "rustic" look to your card. It's beautiful.

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous birthday card Vicki! I love the colors and the added distressing, fabulous sparkle too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Chriss America Real said...

This card is wonderful! I love the color combination, the sparkling candles and the stitching. Great design, great card!

Hugs,
Chriss America Real
http://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

Michele Henderson said...

Gorgeous birthday cake card, Vicki! I love those pretty blue candles!
Take care!
Michele

Shannon McComb said...

This is such a lovely design!! I love the colors together!
& the touch of glitter is just perfect!
Amazing Birthday card!

Margreet said...

Yummy card Vicki...great design...love the candles with the glittering flames!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Fabulous take on the colour board Vicki..I can never stay on track following sketches or colour boards..love the yummy image and your fabulous card design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

A wonderful card for a wonderful lady...brilliantly done Vicki xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card with a lovely layout x

MHK Designs said...

Vicki, this is brilliant!!! I LOVE the colors you used, the woodgrain paper, the twine, the wooden accents, and all those sparkly stars! This is just beautiful! Thank you for joining us in celebrating the lovely Asha! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Carol L said...

What a fun birthday card, complete with stars and sparkles on the candles! Love the distressing too! I know Asha is loving this card on her special day :)

Jennifer said...

Such a fantastic card! I love the added glitter and stars, and the stitched detail and sentiment. Hope you have a sweet day!

Rahmat said...

Love this card, more the candles, they are cool, I am sure Asha would love this card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun fun card- and how nice of your group to do this for your friend!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! You always know how to top off a card so perfectly!
Bravo!!

Asha said...

THANK YOU, my dear friend! There are a few candles missing on that cake but hey, we don't want to start a fire now, do we?! I am deeply moved and humbled by your kindness, my friend. SO blessed to have you in my life. Much love, Asha

aussie aNNie said...

This is absolutely beautiful, love the pops of colours added. Very tasteful card Vicki, and happy birthday to Asha/..xx
 {aNNie}

Donna said...

What a fabulous use of the colors and Sketch Saturday Vicki, perfect card for the lead in our blog hop for Asha's birthday! Beautiful card and like the sparkle!

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! I love all those sparkly candles on that yummy cake!

Patti J said...

What a fun card, Vicki! Loving the pretty sparkles!!! Thanks for sharing, and Happy Birthday, Asha!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous idea to use the little star sequins on the cake to make Asha's birthday even more festive! It's a darling card, Vicki! hugs, de

Joanne James said...

What a fun card - I love the gold stars and sparkle, perfect for birthday festivities! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week for our 300th celebrations!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the image and great sentiment -and Happy Birthday to Asha
Carol x

Davi said...

Beautiful card for Asha!! I love the way you used the colors Vicki, it really is Wonderful with the bits of sparkle and layers :)

Nance Leedy said...

Love all the little details--especially those sweet sparkly stars! Great use of all the challenges...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

cm said...

Hmmm...my comment didn't stick, so let's try again! You've created a beautiful, delicious, shimmery cake for our sweet Asha! How I'd love to share a slice with the two of you: coffee, cake and friends = winning combination!
Hugs~c

Jerrie said...

I love this set and you have made it look so vintage. Great job and hope ASHA had a HB !

LeAnne said...

Vicki, this is just wonderful! I have a few of those digital images from Mynette and haven't used them yet....she'd be proud of how good you made this one look! Good enough to eat! Thanks for sharing this and helping us celebrate our 300th challenge! It's a blessing to have you in the gallery this week!

Kathy S said...

Very sparkly and fun. Thanks for using the Sketch Saturday layout for your design this week. Best of luck to you Vicki. Take care.

Ann Schach said...

So sparkly and fun, Vicki! Your coloring is awesome. I LOVE the different textures. Who wouldn't love to receive this card on their birthday! Thank you for joining The Paper Players in our 300th challenge!

Janis said...

LOVE the colors of your card with the woodgrain paper. Wow...just so beautiful!! Happy birthday to Asha!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Vicki I love the image and sparkle I also love that background it looks like real wood, excellent make
hugs
lorraine x

The Craft Princess said...

Nice color combo....and a great way to celebrate Asha's birthday! :) Hugs...Janie

Monika Reeck said...

I love the simple design
lovely Cake and blue and bling candle there
the sentiment stealing the show and love the blue behind this adorable cake Image
sweet card for Asha
hugs
Monika

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute birthday card. A great image and sentiment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...