"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, June 10, 2016

Two Fun Fold Cards with ONE 8- 1/2" x 11" Card Stock! + Closer Look at the Whimsy Stamps Paper Pads and Enamel Dots

Hello friends!
Happy Friday to you!  I am really looking forward to the weekend and I plan to stay in the cool air and hopefully get some projects done!

Today I have another quick video to share with you on how I made these:
You may recognize the images that I've used on these cards which have come from the Snappy Birthday clear stamp set that was the latest release for the Whimsy Stamps June 2016 card kit contents.
(If you'd like to check out my other projects made from this card kit along with a video and full details of the card kit contents - CLICK HERE to see my post.)

You will also notice on my cards the stunning party themed papers I've used as well.  They are also from the latest June release that Whimsy Stamps has come out with from their "It's a Party" paper pad + the "It's a Party" enamel dots which coordinate beautifully together.
If you'd like to take a closer look at these particular products and how I've made these two fun fold card designs using ONE piece of 8- 1/2" x 11" card stock, then check out my video below:

CLICK HERE to see on You Tube
or watch the video below:
(To see the video in HD or full screen, start the video and toggle the gadget in the right bottom corner to adjust it.)



I thought since I still had extra left over pieces from the projects I made with the card kit, that I could continue to keep using them and pair them with these fun new papers that Whimsy Stamps has come out with!  I think the "Snappy Birthday" stamp set also goes really well with the other "Summer Breeze" paper pad and the coordinating enamel dots too!
(You can click on the links to purchase or take a closer look at the products.)

Here's the card that I share in full detail how to make on the video above:
This card when closed, is a standard A2 sized card and will fit inside a standard sized A2 envelope for mailing.  I like the fact that it is something different than the same old top or side folding cards that we usually make.  It's always fun to change things up once in a while too! :)

When you open up this card, here's what it looks like:
I think this is just too cute and it was a "happy accident" that I had found some colors from the paper pad to go nicely with my piece of card stock from the kit.  I think there are probably several different colors in the kit that would match up great with these new paper pads.

Here is the other style of "FUN FOLD" design explained in the video as well:
This crab is so stinkin' cute!  I think it's also fun that the sentiment from the stamp set is an "open" lettered image so that you can choose to color it in however you want.

So with the OTHER half of the 8 - 1/2" x 11" piece of yellow card stock from the kit, I made this fun gate fold design.  This is also an A2 standard sized card.  (If you happen to like one fold more than the other, you could make two of the Z-Fold cards or two of the Gate-Fold cards with the one piece of card stock as well.)

To help hold the front flaps closed, I have taken another piece of yellow ribbon from the card kit to tie a bow around it.  Both the crab and the sentiment at the top "hang over" the other flap so that the recipient can see where to open the card.  I've decorated it using more papers from the paper pad as well.

When you untie the ribbon and open the card, here's what it looks like:
I used more papers from the "It's a Party" paper pad for the inside.  I stamped that cute little clam directly onto the decorative papers because I thought it made him look like he was underwater.  (LOL!  I just love those eyeballs peeking out!)  I stamped the balloon and confetti pieces from the "Snappy Birthday" stamp set on white card stock and colored them in and glued them to the inside of the card.

As you can see, there is room to either stamp or write a message on the inside too.

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and have a great weekend friends!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Aud Sentiments - Under the Sea + Sentiment
Cards and More - Special Occasions
Addicted to Stamps & More (ATSM197) - Mark Your Mark (coloring)

44 comments:

Margreet said...

Both cards are great fun Vicki....cute images and lovely folds...well explained in your video! Wishing you a nice weekend!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Two awesome birthday cards! I am really loving that starfish with the birthday hat stamp! The papers are perfect for celebrations!

Heidi Stamps said...

These are so adorable! I really like the style of the stamps. What a fun card fold too!

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

OMg these are amazing thank you so much for showing the papers so well ... fabulous work xxx

Donna Ellis said...

So cute, Vicki! Love the die cuts, and your pretty z-fold and gate-fold tutorial - It's so nice hearing your sweet voice. Your card designs are always so cute and cheerful! Thanks for showing all the little touches that make your cards special! hugs, de

Donna said...

These are adorable and great video, like the coordination packs!

Carol L said...

There's that adorable starfish again - he just makes me smile every time I see him! I like both folded cards that only add to the fun of a snail mail greeting! I really like the tiny bow on the balloon and that snappy crab is a lot of fun too! :)

coldwaters2 said...

These are full of fun and so cute Vicki those little characters are delightful, smashing card folds as well.
hugs
lorraine x

Kim said...

These are so fun! Definitely put a smile on my face.

Sarah said...

These are brilliant cards, it's lovely to see a different design and these appeal to my need for balance. The cheery bright colours are perfect xx

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute, and happy cards! Both of these make me smile Vicki. Love the big red crab!
Lynn

Elaine Stark said...

Lots of fun wth these cards. So bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Lola said...

These are adorable and I LOVE the fancy folds. I don't think I've ever seen a fold like that before - the starfish. I'll have to remember this!

alexandra s.m. said...

You always go the extra mile Vicki and it shows!
your cards are fabulous and bring a big smile on my face!!
Hugs~

laurie said...

That paper is awesome, and I love the fun folds. Cute Cute cute!!!

Tammy said...

Oh these are adorable Vicki!! I love the fabulous folds and the cute images, so bright and fun! I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful designs to wake up to this morning, will be checking out the video after my breakfast, love the fold here and love these colours and added beauties....enjoy your weekend.xx {aNNie}

Anneke said...

Ooh they are so lovely!! Both of them :)
Hugs Anneke

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Bad Kitty said...

beautiful cards and great video

Donna said...

Such sweet sunshiney cards Vicki, love the designs, a welcome break from all the square cards out there...beautifully created as always with such amazing detail! :) Donna ♥ x

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards love the different folds and little cute images
Carol x

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous, I love them
Hugs
Linda xxx

Patti J said...

Wow, Vicki...beautifully done!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your cards are amzing and so wonderful.. Love your image and all, what I see on your cards... fantastic.
Nice sunday
Anja

Céline said...

Fab design as usual, love the colors
Hugs
Céline

Mandy LaCroix said...

How fun are these?! :) Great cards!
Thanks for sharing it over at ATSM!

Monika Reeck said...

yaay again cuuteee mr Crabs card
love the DP behind him and the lovely ribbon too...
Lovely star fish there in yellow all around I love the colors and sweet enamel dots too
Great card again my friend
cute cute cute
hugs
Monika

Regina said...

fun cards and cute images!

hugs - Regina

Lynn McAuley said...

Such fishy fun! I love them, Vicki!

Diane said...

Two super cute designs Vicki and lovely tutorial.

Hugs Diane

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so fun!

Patti said...

How do you pack so much adorable! on one card?? These are so over the top sweet I can't wipe the smile off my face! BEAUTIFUL papers you used and super sweet images! SCORE!

Patti

NanaConnie said...

Both of these have great folds, Vicki, and I'm going to try the first one, which I haven't done before. Love those papers!

Tracey said...

2 amazing cards Vicki, I LOVE them & thanks for the video too :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Pollard Carole said...

Just wonderful these are such fabulous design thanks for sharing stunning love and hugs Carole x

cm said...

ACK! How fun are these cards! Sheer delights on the outside AND the inside! The starfish and crabby guy are too precious for words! In awe...Crushing all over these gems!
hugs~c

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Those are ADORABLE! Especially the one with the crab! To bad I already had my birthday;)
And big congrats on being top 5 at HOC!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love these fun folds and the adorable images!

Asha said...

Utterly CUTE ... a starfish in a party hat?! That's worth a chuckle or two!
x Asha

Anja said...

Super cute Cards :)
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More :)
Anja

nwilliams6 said...

Darling! Love the card shape!!! Hugz

Patricia St Martin said...

Vickie, Love the different folds and both theme are perfect for summer. So adorable and thanks for the video.
Hugs Pat

Jerrie said...

Your under the sea card is adorable! The background is so clever and I love that party crab!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...