"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Whimsy Stamps June New Release - Card Kit!

Welcome back friends!
Today I'm happy to introduce to you the
  Whimsy Stamps June 2016 Card Kit!!
Starting TODAY, you can go shopping for your favorites from this month's release including getting your hands on this really fun Summer/birthday themed card kit.... available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store!!!!   Yay!  Time to go shopping!!!

In case you have missed my inspiration for the Clearly Whimsy Stamp release inspiration:
Monday, June 6th post (Day 1 inspiration) - Need MoreSqueezed + Squeezed coordinating diesPaper Packs + Enamel Dots

Tuesday, June 7th post (Day 2 inspiration) - Ocean Journeys + Ocean Journeys Sentiments + Sentiment Banner Dies

Wednesday, June 8th post (Day 3 inspiration) - Designer's Choice using any June release products

Today, we get to take a look at the June 2016 card kit:
These are several of the projects that I've made using the contents from this month's kit.  I had so much fun creating with it and have more fun ideas that I'd like to create with it!

Within the kit, you receive a kraft gable box to decorate and here's a closer look at that:
I have decorated the gable box with papers, ribbon and embellishments from the kit.

Here's a closer look at the fun tag that I created using a "Salted Background" technique:
I have used this cute little star fish image from the clear stamp set included in this kit as well as the balloon die and papers from the kit.

If you would like to see the full contents included in the kit and watch how I did the "Salted Background" technique as well as decorating this cute birthday gable box, check out my video below:

CLICK HERE to see the video on You Tube or watch in HD
or just watch the video below.  (Once you begin to play the video you can toggle the gadget on the bottom right corner to enlarge it on your screen.)


*Keep in mind that these kits will will NOT be re-stocked once they sell out!  So be sure to pick yours up before they're gone!*
(There is never a monthly obligation for any kit...just purchase any of the kits you're interested in.)

I have also made a ton of other projects with the contents from this kit and I still have plenty of items left over that I could make many more things which I hope to share at a later time!

Because of the ocean critters in the "Snappy Birthday" stamp set, I thought it would be fun to share the "Salted Background" technique as well as use Salt Water Taffy for the treats.  I have used them inside the gable box which you saw in the video, but I've also used some for this cute little party favor treat idea I had:
I had purchased one of those sand pail and shovel kits and decided to use the shovel to make a fun party favor with it.  I just added some Salt Water Taffy to the inside of the shovel with the clear bag and then I tied it closed with some ribbon from the kit.  I used the honey comb die cut from the kit and cut out some blue papers that were in the kit and embossed a sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps Hand Lettered Encouragement set in white EP over it to tie onto the ribbon.  Super simple and fun for Summer!
-----------------------------------------------------

For my next project, I thought it would be fun to make one of those Pop-Up Box cards:
All of the papers I have used come from the card kit.  I even used some of the acetate in the kit to make the balloons pop up and "wiggle" around when it's open.

I love the fact that when you close it up, it lays flat for mailing inside an A2 standard envelope!
If you'd like details on how to make one for yourself, CLICK HERE for a link to the instructions.
----------------------------------------------------------

And for my last project shown above, I have made a cute shaker card:
I thought this clam image would be so cute inside this circle shaker design!
I have used some white paper from the kit to watercolor the blue in the background on my card base and then used more blue watercolor on another separate piece of the white card stock that was cut out with the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Cricle dies.  I also used this same die to cut out the circle with the tan paper from the kit as well as the acetate to form my shaker portion.

The clam was colored with Copic markers, fussy cut and glued to the watercolor circle piece.  I used the star confetti from the kit to fill the shaker and then I glued some of the blue sequins from the kit around the tan circle.

The sentiment at the bottom comes from the Whimsy Stamps Everyday Mini Sentiments which the top one I embossed over the blue watercolor with white embossing powder and the second one I just stamped with some tan colored ink.

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes, so make sure you join in today and every day for all the new release festivities!  

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for stopping by!!  "SEA" you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
{Cupcake Inspirations} CIC363 - Under the Sea

36 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is such a wonderfully fun and colourful birthday ensemble.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shelly said...

Oh my word!...How FUN are these?!! Love!

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! These are all so stinking cute and adorable!! I wish I could buy all of it!!

Sarah said...

Squeeeeal!! These are fantastic, just imagine them filled with sweet shrimps ( not sure if you have them in your part of the world but I LOVED them as a kid!!) xx

Olga Jewell said...

These boxes are fantastic!!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Vicki! What a fun blog post! Love the various projects you have shared - they are SO CUTE! Love that happy as a clam card with the watercolor background and darling little pearl peeking out ( I think it is a pearl, but is it the clam? LOL) Your partying snappy crab is adorable - so colorful! And the other two goodie pouches are just as sweet - so colorful, fun, and dancing with happiness! Thank you for brightening my day with your creativity! hugs, de

Chrissy said...

What a great selection of Birthday projects Vicki..and I love the salt background and I could use the left of salt on another project too..the images are very cute and such a fabulous pack with all the papers and cardstock dies AND stamps..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pia S said...

You make the cutest shaker cards, Vicky! And I always love seeing all the inspiration that comes from you using just the one kit. Great work, as always!

Carol L said...

What an explosion of pretty color, fun papers and adorable smiling faces! Everything is so cute and a true feast for the eyes! I adore that smiling starfish - it just makes me smile!! Sparkles and smiles just make me happy :)

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant projects Vicki and love the shaker card -off to check out your salted technique fancy the sound of that
Carol x

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Wonderful shaker card. Colorful and very fun.
hugs,
BozenA

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki what a fantastic selection of goodies you have made the little sea characters look such fun, brilliant projects
hugs
lorraine x

Shelly Schmidt said...

This kit looks fun- great colors and I can tell you had a blast creating with it! Loving your fun Birthday projects- the salt technique and the shaker are fabulous!

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, all of your creations are sooo cute! I love that super fun stamp set and your sea salt background! Fab video, what an awesome card kit!
Hugs, Tammy

Asha said...

Oh the shaker card is just too cute, Vicki. This is such a fun release full of bright and lovely goodies.
x Asha

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours and fabulous designs on display here, love the card in a box and the shaker is awesome...you rock..xx {aNNie}

Mimi said...

You are on a roll... I am loving this set, and I love what you've done! (My personal fave is "Snappy Birthday"... stoppittt! So damned cute!

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely super fun post today, vicki! So colorful and bursting with cheer! I loved the video and was so excited to see you taking out each item - the sequins and fun ocean animal stamps - swoon!!! Love each and every one of your projects - they just burst with happiness! ♥ *Inky hugs!*

Lynn McAuley said...

What sensational creations for a summer birthday!! I love that snappy box best of all! Absolutely wonderful work, Vicki!

Bad Kitty said...

love it all
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Pollard Carole said...

So clever these are just amazing designs and what beautiful colours stunning work Love and hugs Carole x

Donna said...

What fabulous ideas, so clever and appreciate the video's, you have been a busy lady while I was on vacation!

laurie said...

What fun projects...so creative. Clever and cute!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, The card kits are so adorable and so much fun to make, love how they are so different. Fantastic for children's birthdays.
Hugs Pat

Indy Owens said...

What a super darling collection of under the sea projects! So glad you were inspired by this week's Cupcake Inspirations challenge!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Donna said...

Wow Vicki, this is such an awesome and fun project...your videos are always so inspirational and I love the creativeness and detail on these creations...you truly are one of the most talented crafters I know! :) Donna ♥ x

Céline said...

Wow fantastic
Higs
Céline

Monika Reeck said...

first cuteee shaker card with the element inside
second the crab box card is adorable cuuuteeee the bon2 thank you so sweett and the box oh I love it
with so many colors there
remember the time I was 10 and my daddy made a box for chocolate and wafer inside for my friend who came to my bday party
lovely set all Vicki
hugs
Monika

cm said...

MAGIC! You've created absolute magic with this kit, Vicki! The gable box, the salt technique, the sweet images...just a whole lot of WOW happening!
Hugs~c

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great kit! You got so much stuff out of that! Love the 3-D projects!

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun stuff! Some awesome ideas and fun creations. Thanks for sharing so many details too! Hugz

Patti J said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! And WOW!!! These are all so fabulous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring :)

Lola said...

ALL fabulous creations! Just awesome.

Jerrie said...

Here is that cute little crab gain! I am loving these box cards!

Deb said...

Wow, these are absolutely amazing Vicki, you are so talented!
hugs Debxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...