"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

Whimsy Stamps June New Release! - Day 1 Inspiration

Hello friends!
Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) NEW RELEASE is here!
Today and every day for the next THREE days, I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that are being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting this WEDNESDAY, June 8th!
So please join me here every day including the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Blog for a peek at each set with some inspiration & of course special prize opportunities!

Today we are introducing "Need More", "Squeezed" with "Squeezed" coordinating dies + a special bonus surprise with the fun new "Whimsy Stamps Paper Packs & Enamel Dots" (designed by the talented Tracy Wray from our rubber design team)!





Wow!  So many exciting products coming out this month...and there will be more tomorrow!!

For for my first set of projects today, I have used the "Need More" stamp set along with a sneak peek of another die cut set that will be shared more in-depth tomorrow:
I adore this super cute stamp set!  I am a true die hard coffee fan to the core!  In the winter time, though, I don't mind to have a few cups of tea in the evening to help warm me up! :)

I have stamped the tea bag and masked it so that when I stamped my tea cup, the tea bag would show as if it is steeping in the cup.  I colored it with my Copic markers and fussy cut it out and popped it up over my gold embossed sentiment banner that I have also popped up over the background.

To make the background, I have just clear heat embossed the sentiment from the stamp set and then used my watercolors to go over top of it which creates a sort of resist so that the words show up.  I've added this panel onto some blue card stock with matching papers (which actually come from the up-coming card kit that I'll be sharing with you on Wednesday)!  I attached all of this onto an A2 sized white card base and then added a few gold sequins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for my next project set, I've used the "Squeezed" stamp set with the Coordinating Dies:
I think I had so much fun creating with this set!  It has a really nice Summer feel and who doesn't love a good glass of lemonade in the Summer?!! :)

So starting off with the glassine treat bag, I have filled it up with some sour lemon heads...I use to love these as a kid!  I thought it would be a fun gift idea for this stamp set!  I have stamped all of the images, colored them with my Copic markers and cut them out with their corresponding die.  I have added a little extra glitter to portions of the images.  On the bag, I have colored the background a bit with some soft blue color and then stamped a heart from the set  within the blue color.

Both the card and the bag were decorated in the same way with the die cutting out the circles with the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Circle die set and then I used a scallop circle punch to punch out a yellow scalloped circle around it.  I also die cut a banner from some fun plaid papers (also in the up coming card kit) and placed them behind the scallop circle panels.

The sentiments on both projects were heat embossed in black.

And check out the fun faces in the stamp set!!  I just ADORE that cute little sour face in there! LOL!

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes, so make sure you join in today and every day for all the new release festivities!  

I hope you've enjoyed all of my creations today!
Thanks for dropping in and do come back again tomorrow as there will be even more products to share!!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


29 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Your projects are awesome Vicki! I am really loving that lemonade pitcher stamp and die!!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards with beautiful products...love that little face!
xxx Margreet

Anonymous said...

This makes me want to have lemonade. Love the card.
Lesa

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous designs with these wonderful images and dies, Vicki! You have such a flare for adding just the perfect detail like the tea stain background or the sparkly lemon slices! Awesome creations!

Carol L said...

What a fun collection of cards today using those new products! I really like that lemonade pitcher and especially those new summer paper pads! Fun stuff!

Chrissy said...

Your cup of tea card is fantastic Vicki and I love the tea stain background..love your lemonade images with the happy faces and sparkle too..fabulous sets.

luv CHRISSYxx

Heidi Stamps said...

The lemonade is so cute! Love the background for the tea card, too! TFS!

Lola said...

Completely adorable!! Love the little treat bag.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous creations Vicki! I love your awesome background on your first card and beautiful bright colors on your lemonade projects, fabulous new release!
Big hugs, Tammy

Mac Mable said...

You've been really busy making these gorgeous cards. Love how you did the first card, clever and eye catching background. Such fun and vibrant second and third cards. Thank you for sharing x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Can't decide what I like better - the wonderful tea card with that fabulous water colored background or the sparkly lemonade... - I'll have both!

crafty-stamper said...

Great sparkly lemonade cards and love the plaid banners-great masking on the tea bag card and love the watercolour wash--thank you for the encouraging comment on my card-much appreciated
Carol x

Shannon McComb said...

oh WOW!! How fun are all these creations!!
Just adore what you did for your background on your card and how its the colors of tea or coffee! Brilliant!!!
Lovely Vicki!!

Deb said...

I love these Vicki, you always find the most creative ways to use new stamps, I am in awe! hugs Debxx

NanaConnie said...

Great job on getting the tea bag into the teacup, Vicki, but the weather here is so hot today I only had eyes for the lemonade! :-D Gorgeous sparkle on the lemons and I love the plaid paper.

Patti J said...

Wow! Great stamps, the papers are wonderful, and as always, your coloring is perfect! Love these!

Davi said...

FANtastic creations Vicki!! I love the images and the way you used them. The shimmer on the lemons is cool and the background for the tea is really creative! Super!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Sooo gorgeous especially love the lemonade in the jug...you have give a nice summery feel to it
Cheers
Dr Sonia

aussie aNNie said...

Love my tea and love my lemon drinks....Brilliantly designed and colours are awesome..
 {aNNie}

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful cards a fab new release I'm loving your gorgeous designs so lovely Love and hugs Carole x

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful cards
very colorful
have a nice day
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Jerrie said...

MMM. I love lemonage and you have made it look so refreshing! Very cute card. I LOVE how you have made your tea card. It is so clever to emboss the words and resist them...this card is awesome!

Monika Reeck said...

the tea card is clever how youo embossed the sentient and gave the brown there it looks like somoen just throw away her glass of tea or coffee on your card looks beautiful the cup in blue too lucky you and you can start to make card for coffee lovers summer blog hop my friend the set with lemonade ooh soo cuuutee I adore it and the DP is beautiful add there great coloring always Vicki
Great set..
hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

I used to be a coffee drinker only, but that changed 9 weeks ago where I started drinking tea mornings and evenings and coffee at work. Now I have close to 10 different teas available, I don't really have a sweet tooth, but when I do I find having a cup of tea helps. I really like your own made paper, like it's tea stained and it's a fun alternative for adding a sentiment. Your lemonade designs are so fresh and summery!

laurie said...

Love all your card sets! That lemonade makes me thirsty..yum!

Shelly said...

Oh, these are all sooo cute!!
Lovin' the new goodies! :)

Asha said...

The lemon card just screams summer. The patterned papers are amazing. WOW!
hugs Asha

Patricia St Martin said...

All the projects are so cute. Love the stamp set that comes with the die cuts. Great idea to add some lemon drops (makes me want some).
Hugs Pat

Céline said...

Fab inspiration hun
Hugs
Céline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...