"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Whimsy Stamps June New Release - Day 2 Inspiration!

Hello friends!
Welcome to DAY 2 of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) June NEW RELEASE!
Starting Monday, June 6th, today and tomorrow, I will be sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that are being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting this WEDNESDAY, June 8th!

In case you have missed any of my prior inspiration posts:
Monday, June 6th post (Day 1 inspiration) - Need More, Squeezed + Squeezed coordinating dies, Paper Packs + Enamel Dots

Today we are introducing the Ocean Journeys + Ocean Journeys Sentiments and Sentiment Banner Dies






Here's the card that I made using these fun new products:
I thought that this stamp set would be fun to create a nice watercolor scene with, so I took out some watercolor paper and die cut a piece out with the Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle Dies.  I used the curly line image in this set and embossed it over the watercolor paper with clear embossing powder.  When I added the watercolor to it, the embossed areas resist the watercolor and show up on the design through it.  I have used my watercolor to create my own scene.

For the sailboat, I took the image from the Ocean Journeys set and stamped it, colored it with my Copic markers and popped it up over my scene with some foam tape.  I also used some black water proof ink to stamp the flying birds from the set as well.

For the sentiment, I took the new Sentiment Banner Dies and cut out a piece from vellum and folded it along the scored marks.  I took the sentiment from the Ocean Journeys Sentiments and embossed it gold embossing powder along with the hearts from the image set.  I just used some Ranger liquid glue to attach the ends of the vellum banner over the boat and popped it up.

I've attached the watercolor paper over a piece of gold metallic card stock and then attached that to an A2 sized white card base.


Here's a closer look at some of the details in the card.
You can see here that on the boat I have used my gold metallic gel pen to color in a portion of the boat.  You can also better see the gold embossing and gold metallic paper.

Be sure to pop over to the Whimsy Stamps blog  to see a peek at the creations with links to the other guest designer's and design team's blogs. There will be chances to win prizes, so make sure you join in today and every day for all the new release festivities!  

I hope you've enjoyed my inspiration today!
Thanks so much for dropping by and I'll see you again tomorrow!  :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Crafting by Designs - June Anything Goes

Curtain Call - "Sail On"

AAA Cards - Watercolor

30 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great watercolor sea for this sweet sailboat! I love the gold accents! Your card is fabulous, Vicki!

Monika Reeck said...

oh I adore that gold sentiment Vicki
so crisp may I ask you which product is that embossing gold powder?
the bird the sea the sail boat ah I love all great for manly card and also boys card
adorable coloring with water color on background Vicki
sentiment banner dies is perfect on your card
love this much
and so happy doing catch up today
I am sorry was soo soo busy in the office and home hmm i need 48 hours a day hehe
Hugs
Monika

Mac Mable said...

What a fresh, fun and contemporary card. Gorgeous colours and love how you've done the vellum with the sentiment x

Pia S said...

This nautical scene really appeals to me, your water coloring is lovely, I love the curly stamp used for waves. And I think you picked the perfect spot for the sentiment as well.

Margreet said...

Great nautic card Vicki...love how you made the sea!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Love the nautical theme of your card! That sailboat is adorable! Love the squiggles in the water!

Chrissy said...

I love this card Vicki..super stamp and die sets..love your sky and the ocean waves with the little boat bobbing along..perfect.

luv CHRISSYxx

Shannon McComb said...

LOVE how did the water and the touch of gold is just lovely!!
Beautiful Vicki!!

alexandra s.m. said...

so so pretty Vicki and I love the 3-D effect with the sentiment!
Bravo!!

laurie said...

This is a "wow" card Vicki! I love that gold and the new sets are awesome. I really like the sentiment set.

crafty-stamper said...

Great watercolour sea and love the gold embossing
Carol x

Carol L said...

I'd like to squeeze into this tiny boat and just sail away for an afternoon! What a fun card, and that gold embossed vellum sentiment panel is the best! Cute card!

Kim said...

This is such a fun masculine card! I love the watercolor effects for the water and that all that glitter and shine with the gold accents. Awesome!

NanaConnie said...

The stamps sets are cute, Vicki, but I'm really loving the stitched dies! Love the gold embossing.

Bad Kitty said...

Beautiful card !
I like the design and the colours
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant designed card, lovely gorgeous colours.xx
 {aNNie}

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!! Love!

Céline said...

oh i love the touch of gold
hugs
céline

Leigh Penner said...

What a perfect take on the inspiration photo! I love it!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is absolutely lovely the gold embossing of the sentiment is wonderful I love the boat a great Nautical themed card
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love your watercoloring and all of the gold touches, love how you've added your sentiment too!
Hugs, Tammy

Asha said...

You've put together a brilliant scene, Vicki. Awesome masculine card for all ages and occasion. Your watercolouring is STUNNING!
hugs Asha

MiamiKel said...

Oh my, you have been busy! Each and every card just makes me all giddy from one to the next! This is a brilliant take on the nautical themes, superb watercoloring and sweet little waves! Lovely as can be, Vicki! Inky hugs!

Jane said...

Such a sweet little scene you've created. Fabulous watercolouring. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Helen Gullett said...

What a fabulous card! I love the sailboat :)

Donna said...

Stunning card, what a creative way to attach the vellum!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Such a fun card Vicki! Love the gold really stands out on the banner. Your water colored background is wonderful.
Hugs Pat

Melissa L. said...

The is very cool and so fun, Vicki! Love the vellum sentiment strip. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Lisa H. said...

oh my! what a sweet card. love the watercolored background and the touch of gold. this is really pretty!thanks for linking up to curtain call.

cm said...

Absolutely lovely! Your watercolour sea is the perfect canvas for your little boat and vellum sentiment banner! Marvelous...
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...