"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Whimsy Stamps June New Release - Day 3 Inspiration!

Welcome back friends!
Welcome to DAY 3, of the Whimsy Stamps (Clearly Whimsy Stamps edition) June NEW RELEASE!
Starting with Monday, June 6th, along with yesterday and today, I am sharing inspiration with you for each new clear stamp set and Shapeology craft dies that are being released this month which will be available for purchase at the Whimsy Stamps store starting TODAY!!!!  
Yay!  Time to go shopping!!!

In case you have missed any of my previous inspiration posts:
Monday, June 6th post (Day 1 inspiration) Need MoreSqueezed + Squeezed coordinating diesPaper Packs + Enamel Dots

Tuesday, June 7th post (Day 2 inspiration) - Ocean Journeys + Ocean Journeys Sentiments + Sentiment Banner Dies

Today is designer's choice to share any products from this month's release.
So here's the card that I've made today:
I wanted to use those gorgeous papers and enamel dots for my card.
So I've taken this super cute Need More stamp set and stamped the coffee mug onto a piece of paper from the "It's a Party" paper pack, colored the coffee and around the edges of the mug with my Copic markers and fussy cut it out.  The spoon was stamped and colored with a clear gel pen and fussy cut out.

I used a white A2 sized card base and arranged some brown and more of the "It's a Party" papers over the card base to create a fun layout.  I heat embossed the sentiment from the stamp set with white embossing powder over a brown banner and placed this along with the mug and spoon over my design.  I stamped a couple of the hearts above the coffee mug and then used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to color in the coffee as well as the hearts.  I also used some of the matching enamel dots that went with the papers to finish off my design.

Hope you've enjoyed my inspiration using the new release products!
Be sure to stay tuned in for another reveal post!!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Shopping Our Stash - Coffee or Tea theme

18 comments:

Shelly said...

Super sweet card, Vicki!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Vicki: I love, love your card, the colors are fantastic, specially the background paper, just looks awesome with your cup and spoon.
The sentiment speaks volumes, as a coffee lover, this would be perfect for a card for my hubby.
Thank you for taking time to play along at Shopping our Stash, we hope to see you again in the gallery.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Sarah said...

This is fantastic, I love my coffee so this really appeals to me xx

Lori Kobular said...

I love that background paper on your adorable coffee card! I think I have to go make another cup right now!! LOL!

Pia S said...

Coffee themed cards never seem to go off trend, this is a great and timeless set. Super layout!

Chana Harris said...

Very nice project and so well composed! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Carol L said...

WHat a fun color combination to go along with the coffee theme! Those steamy hearts over the cup really are cute :)

coldwaters2 said...

Lol, love that fun sentiment Vicki also the lovely colours and the coffee image a super make
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Fabulous coffee card Vicki, I love the colors and that fun sentiment!
Hugs, Tammy

Asha said...

Delicious! Can't go wrong with coffee themed cards. I really loke that color combo too.
hugs Asha

Mimi said...

Hey! Awesome! Can't stand how much I love the pops of mustard yellow on this! (That's the kind of compliment my mom gives... I'm becoming my mother! LOL...) You make card-making look easy, woman. And thanks for playing at SOS... not only am I a follower of yours, I'm a DT member at SOS, so I feel compelled to mention how great it is to see you in my neck of the woods! :)

MiamiKel said...

Oh I love this gorgeous coffee card - one of my number one themes that make me HAPPINESS in card making! It's so lovely to see the technique as well and how the coffee and fun sentiment just stand right out on their own accord - brilliant card, my friend!

Bad Kitty said...

great card
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Donna said...

Fabulous card and that saying says it all!

Donna said...

Love this card Vicki, could have been made for me as I do love a coffee...the colours work really well together and the design is perfect! :) Donna ♥ x

Monika Reeck said...

I love your COFFEE card Vicki
and the color on that paper is so dreamy
love the tea spoon too
cute heart there
and nice dots in yellow
Sweet coffee card my friend

lauren bergold said...

what a fun card, i absolutely love that sentiment! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (coffee or tea!) STASH with us this week! :)

cm said...

Need more coffee? Don't mind if I do, especially with the school year drawing to a close! Another delight...the colour combination has won me over!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...