"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Blowing Embossing Powder ALL OVER!

Hello friends!!
Wow!  It's been a while since I last posted!  Forgive my neglectful posting, I've just been busy with the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen DT stuff and haven't kept up with other things over on this end as much.  So I will try to balance things out a bit now that I think I may have a rhythm going with it.  :)
And if you are a fan club member over there,I do hope you will stop by to see the July theme "This Land is My Land" inspiration over there!  If you are a fan club member, CLICK HERE to see the gallery.  If you are not a fan club member, check it out by CLICKING HERE.  (You can't see the gallery unless you are a member.)

So I've been trying to keep up with all of the goings ons around blog land and haven't been very successful unfortunately except for a few classes and challenges that I knew I really wanted to participate in.  I had signed up and knew that I wanted to be doing these things a few months ago, so I will start my creations with all of that:

I have a couple of badges that I wanted to share before I got to my creation so you can see what I'm up to with my creations for this coming week:
First up is this really fun "Camp Create" that MFT is putting on.  This is actually their second week of it and I totally have missed out on the first one and wanted to make sure that I've played along with this one.  So here's my "participation" badge for that:

I am also participating in the OnlineCardClasses Heat Wave class because I really enjoy heat embossing and really don't use it enough on my creations...so I wanted to "relearn" and also see some new cool stuff that I could use as well.  So here's my class badge for that:

I know it's funny how when you've been doing this for so long, you sometimes forget about certain techniques or revisiting something old gives you the opportunity to build on your knowledge and pick up a few extra tips along the way that you may not have caught the first time.  There's never anything wrong with taking a class on something you're already familiar with because sometimes I find it was "just what I needed" to get me being creative and inspired again.

So for my card today, I have been inspired by SEVERAL things:
I had so much fun figuring this out and how I wanted it to go together.  First, the colors were inspired by the My Favorite Things color challenge going on and I've also incorporated the sketch challenge with it as well.  (You can see the colors and sketch below.)  I changed the sketch slightly by adding TEN strips of colored card-stock behind the candles because MFT also has a special "10 year" challenge going on where you have to use 10 of something on your card design.  I have chosen to use the 10 strips of card stock for mine.  :)

The only ink that I have used for this card is VersaMark & Midnight.  I have embossed the background with clear embossing powder using the MFT Transparent Triangles Background stamp.  I wanted something for the background rather than leaving it white, so I've completely clear embossed it for a bit of texture.  I've also clear embossed the stamped candles from the MFT card kit  (sold out) and then I die cut them out to place over the strips.  I have also embossed the candle flames with Ranger Enchanted Gold EP.  It has a bit of sparkle with it and it's so very pretty!  I stamped the sentiment from the card kit set and made my own banner to pop up over the candles.   SO YES...I HAD BEEN BLOWING EMBOSSING POWDER ALL OVER TODAY!! LOL!  I tend to get pretty messy when I use it...no matter how careful I try to be!!

I have also used some of the Midnight card-stock for the background layer for my card strips.  I mounted onto the clear triangle background card base and added some stitched die cut circles from the MFT Die-namics Stitched Circle STAX and attached them on the card base along with some clear sequins.  I finished it out with a white ribbon bow in the center candle.

Here's a closer view of the embossing:
Sometimes I find it hard to capture all of the details in my creations with a straight on view of it, so having a closer detailed photograph gives you a perspective that you wouldn't be able to see unless you were holding it in person.  :)

So I only have a few days left to get all of my creations done on time with the deadlines.  Of course I will be running in at the last bit of time doing my creations!  :)  So over the next several days I will be sharing creations every day and I hope you will stop by and check it out!!

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today!
THANKS SO MUCH for dropping in and being patient with my postings!
See you again tomorrow!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

1.  MFT Camp Create: "Fantastic Foiling" badge (I used heat embossing and hope that will count as my shinny item for this badge.)
2.  MFT Sketch Challenge (MFTWSC289)


4.  MFT 10th Birthday Celebration - 10 of something (I used 10 strips of card-stock)



25 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is really pretty! I like the vibrant colors...so festive, and I can so relate to getting embossing powder all over the place! Smile. I actually only use glitter when It's warmer weather so I can use it outside. (Or else I have glitter from one end of the house to the other!

Heidi Stamps said...

Lovely card! I just love the look of the embossing on those candles!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Vicki, you certainly have been busy! Classes, SCS, and more! Love your MFT birthday card with bright colors and lots of sparkly! I especially like the way you utilized the sketch! Fantastic design! Have fun this week, Vicki! Hugs, de

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love the embossing and the shimmer on this card, and really really like the 10 strips of color on the back of this card. Looking forward too seeing the work you are doing!

Carol L said...

You nailed the challenges perfectly with this fun birthday card! The colors really caught my attention, but the embossing on those candles blew me away! (pun intended) Fun card!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Vicki your candles look sooo amazing!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Margreet said...

Hi Vicki, you really are a busy bee....great embossing on this fun card...love it!
xxx Margreet

Asha said...

What a spectacular creation, my friend. You have nailed all three challenge requirements..and convinced me to get the new MFT Birthday stamp set. Very clever to add 10 strips of CS. I have been toying with the idea of playing along with Camp Create....but finding the time to do so is near impossible! Cant wait to see what's been brewing over at SCS ;)
hugs Asha

aussie aNNie said...

Wowzer of a creation, just loving those colours on those candles... ..xx {aNNie}

Mac Mable said...

Such a well thought out card and so clever to incorporate the challenges. Loving the texture and the colours you've used. Good to see you back x

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Vicki!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lynn McAuley said...

Who doesn't love birthday candles? What a fabulous sparkly design, Vicki!

Patti J said...

Sounds like you are one very busy lady these days! Your creations always bring a smile, and today is no exception! Glad that I stopped in to see your cards - they are so much fun! Heat embossing is a bit like magic...always fun to incorporate when teaching a workshop! Great job, dear friend! Hugs...

Bad Kitty said...

great card

Crafty Auntie said...

Wow! This is a great card. I love how you made the rather simple design so interesting with all that embossing. It's very pretty. I wish I would have purchased the MFT card kit - your card does a great job using it. Thanks for the inspiration!

LeAnne said...

This is AMAZING! All the details, the glittery flames and the great embossing!!! Fun!

Patti said...

Oh man! I hate missing camp!! : ( I'm like you - too many things have kept me from Blogland!. Your cards are outstanding!! Love them all You deserve those badges girl!

: )

Patti

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow Vicki so glad you laid the card on its back so we could see all the embossing. Its brilliant.

Monika Reeck said...

ooow Vicki
First I miss you
I never seen you around
I read you are busy with SCS
yes person cant do in two places
like me I was so busy with Facebook but now not so important I busy with my DT cards too haha
Vicki the card is adorable love the used of the color and that tiny dots DIES yeah I love to use dies as my decoration as DP too...cute added of that blue dies Vicki
and oh woooww
you change your Blog
all is white and new banner too yaay so in love with your new DRESS on your Blog
and I miss your visit sweety
hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

So glad you decided to show the detail photo, because your card looks amazing and there's glitter and texture and it makes me want to touch the card. Brilliantly designed!

Dawn Frost said...

Wow fantastic take on the sketch, love the embossed candles!

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome birthday card! I love those candles!! They look amazing!

Susan R. Opel said...

Thought you might like to see this!

http://bit.ly/MFTJuly21

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

crafty-stamper said...

Great card Vicki love the sparkly embossed candles and great colour combination
Carol x

cm said...

VICKI! Remember me? The perpetually late "~c" finally swinging by to add comments to all the gazing, admiring and jaw-dropping I've experienced with your awesome Camp Create cards. Your shimmery candles (especially the flames...brilliant!) have me smiling all over my face! Everything - from the colours, to the images, to the glimmer - love, love and LOVE! Badges well earned and with A+++++ status!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...