"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Christmas in July - Finally!!

Hello friends!
Thank you for hanging around despite my sporadic postings! :)  I've been busy with things that I'm not able to share on my blog is all.
I've been busy behind the scenes making creations for which I can't post here on my blog as they're exclusively for the Splitcoaststampers fan club people. (But if you are a fan club member, I hope you will stop by and check out the big "Dare to Get Dirty" week long challenge event that has already started today! - My challenge will post on Tuesday and I would love to see what you come up with!)
-------------------------------------

I have been wanting to get started on my Christmas creations since the beginning of this month and well, here we are at the END of July already! LOL!  I did get ONE Christmas creation in though!!  I saw someone's creation over on a challenge blog and thought it was such a fabulous idea, I wanted to give it a try for myself:
I have had this adorable MFT Santa's Elves stamp set on my wish list for quite a while and I finally broke down and got it here last month and decided I needed to use it before the month of July came to a close! :)  Those elves just make me smile!

I have him colored in with my Copic markers and die cut with the coordinating dies along with the small present on the circle.  The scalloped circle comes from the MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Circle STAX.  I used a border punch to punch out the top and layered a piece of Regal Rose card stock behind it and added a strip of gold metallic sticker. I also used my Corner Chomper to round the edges of the flap.   I heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set with white EP.

When you lift the top flap held down by the gift present circle to open it....
The top flap, flips over the elf image and then you pull down the other flap to see the gift card inside along with a special Christmas message.  Of course I don't have a Christmas gift card to put in there as of yet, but I just slid in my preferred customer card from Dick Blick to show the idea.  :)  I have a slit punch that makes those handy little gift card notches for me and this was the perfect place to use it with.  I give out gift cards and cash every year, so I'm always looking for ways to use my crafting to create something to present it with.  I figure that I may not have taken much time in shopping for something, so hand crafting the way it's presented is something that I like to do.

I saw someone's adorable creation over at the Little Red Wagon challenge and thought it was such a cute idea, that I wanted to try it out too! :)  I had remembered that there was this card fold design and realized that I had previously saw it over at Splitcoaststampers.  So I used the Flap Fold Card Tutorial from over there and changed it into a Gift Card Holder on the inside of the card design. (You do not have to be a fan club member to see the tutorial, so if you want to make one, click on the tutorial link to see how to do it.)

And here's a closer look at that adorable elf again:
I have used a white gel pen for the highlights and then taken a gold gel pen to color in the jingle bell at the end of his hat along with the bow on the gift box.

I used the colors pink and green because I will probably gift this to a female and pinks are close to the reds on the color wheel anyway.  I think it turned out super cute.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I love reading your comments and I will be sure to return the favor! :)  Hope you've enjoyed my Christmas in July today!  I will be back again later and be sharing some fun news coming up as well!!  Stay tuned!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
1.  Little Red Wagon - Christmas in July

2.  Challenge Up Your Life - Christmas in July

3.  Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes

4.  Merry Monday - Christmas in July - past challenge catch up (see below)

I used challenge #179 (Pink, White & Green colors)


5.  Fab 'N' Funky - Anything Christmas

6.  Sweet Stampin' - Christmas in July

41 comments:

LeAnne said...

OH MY GOSH, this is sooooo cut! Love your color combo and that little elf would steal Santa's thunder any day of the week! Adorable!

Margreet said...

What a lovely elf, Vicki...love the card and colors!
xxx Margreet

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
such a cute image on this lovely designed card.
I think this is a wonderful way to present a gift card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

jimlynn said...

Oh my! Vicki, this is adorable plus. Love the design and colors you used too. Precious, precious, precious!
Lynn

Kim said...

This is is cute! I love the shading on the white areas of the image and overall design. So very pretty :)

Mac Mable said...

Ohh what a clever card. I haven't seen anything like this before. Love the colours, the layout and those ever so cute elf stamps...I can quite understand why you bought them x Thank you for sharing this adorable and clever card x

Donna said...

What a cute and clever card Vicki! Like the pink and green color combo too!

Olga Jewell said...

Super cute card!!!

Lori Kobular said...

That Christmas elf is so stinking cute! I love the way his ears hold up his cap! Love the pink with the green on your card and the adorable way you placed the elf!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, I LOVE this little elf, and what an adorable gift card holder!! You've really colored her up so sweetly (and, yes, this is a girl elf - hehe!). Beautifully done with the the wonderful details, and what a wonderful gift inside!! I'm definitely pinning this one! Hugs, sweet friend!

Carol L said...

How cute is this gift card enclosure?! The little elf is adorable and I love the papers and colors too! Every detail is eye candy for me :)

Patti said...

Just adorable Vicki!! I love the colors you used!! so soft and sweet and the elf's ears? hysterical!

Patti

Patti J said...

Absolutely adorable, my friend! Your cards are always so colorful and happy! Thanks for sharing!

aussie aNNie said...

Such a gorgeously created card, love the image and colours used...the papers look lovely ..xx

 {aNNie}

Davi said...

Vicki this is one awesome gift holder!! That little guy is darling and I love the pink and green plus all the snowy trim! Looking forward to your other creations :)

Bad Kitty said...

oh this is super cute

Céline said...

i looooove
hugs
céline

Asha said...

Super duper adorbs, my friend. Glad to see you've used these lovely elves. I got mine in May... for pretty much the same reason and I completely FORGOT I have it until I saw your post. Your card has inspired me. Have a beautiful Sunday, friend!
hugs, Asha

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous what a brilliant idea and the colours and image are delightful Love and hugs Carole x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vikki, love the sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pia S said...

I've made one card like this previously, but that must be one, if not two or three years ago. It's a fun design, thanks for the reminder.
Your little elf is adorable and love that you've combined both traditional and non traditional colors, it's so sweet!

Deb said...

Oh I love this Vicki! What a fabulous design for a gift card and love your adorable little elf, so cute! I have to try out this tutorial for myself one day!
hugs Debxx

Chris said...

Fabulous way to give a gift card, such a lovely design...the elf is totally cute and I love the bright colour combo! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Debbie said...

This is sooooo cute!! Such a sweet card/gift card holder!
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki this is absolutely awesome I love the image and colours a super, super make
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

This gift card holder is adorable Vicki!! I love that sweet little elf and your fabulous design!
Hugs, Tammy

Sandy Mork said...

What a wonderful design, so glad that the challenge was an inspiration for you! Great color combination! Thank you for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

NanaConnie said...

This is just so adorable, Vicki! Wonderful way to 'package' a gift card for Christmas. Such a darling little elf. :-D

Lynn McAuley said...

That has got to be the cutest elf I have seen in "FOREVER!" What a precious holiday card, Vicky! Awesome work!

Dawn Frost said...

You're right Vicki that elf is just too adorable! Great colour combo and I'm going to go and check out the tutorial!

crafty-stamper said...

Great gift card holder and love the cute Elf and colour combination
Carol x

MiamiKel said...

Sensational! I've seen this fold and just love it - and your coloring combination is just fruity and tooty and all kinds of fun! I know what you mean about having to wear many hats and catch up here and there - so glad you did, this one is a cutie!!!! Inky hugs!

Anita in France said...

Adorable, Vicki ... so sweet and such fantastic detailing! Anita :)

Sarah said...

This is SOOOOO OOH good Vicki!! Adorable little characters and your design is fantastic...off to have a look xx

Manuela said...

Wow, what a wonderful christmas creation! The image is really cute! I like the soft colours :) Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you so much for sharing your adorable card in the Sweet Stampin’ Christmas in July Challenge! It is a great way to give a gift card!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Cute Christmas card. Ideally you chose shades of colors - the green fits perfectly to your pink. I admire the design of the card - it is very nice effect when you open the card. Gold sticker great finishes card.
Hugs,
BożenA

Catie Cuddles said...

What a brilliant idea.
Thanks for joining us at fab'n'funky challenges.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

wannabcre8tive said...

Awwww, how cute! I love the sweet image and the fab sentiment. Your design is awesome and the non traditional Christmas colors work so well with this little sweetie.

Monika Reeck said...

very cuute Image
lovely coloring Vici
love his face so sweet
and nice generating stamp gift there
love the green and pink sweet christmas card in non traditional colors

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

So DARLING!!! I just love that color combo and your beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for linking up to Merry Monday's Christmas in July!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...