"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Heat Embossed Masking

Hello friends!
We are now in the middle of the week already! Wow!
I especially want to thank you for your kind comments on my cards this week!  I promise that I have one more day to fill before the deadline misses and then I will be taking the time to stop by and visit your lovely creations that I know I've missed!

For today's card, I have used clear embossing powder as my mask to create a fun background that I could stamp and emboss over top of.  It's a really cool technique I've learned in class and wanted to be sure to try it out:
I honestly don't know what the heck I was thinking of with these colors when I did it, but I like how light and bright it turned out and so I decided not to trash it after all.  LOL!

For the masking portion of my card, I have heat embossed with clear embossing powder the MFT Roses All Over background stamp.  I used watercolor paper to do this so that I could use my Kuretake Gansi Tambi watercolor.  This is where I got this color combo pattern!  I saw that the yellow color didn't seem to show up with the white background image lines and I meant to grab a different color...it ended up being this blue color!! LOL!  That's OK...you can see where I have made the transition a bit more defined than blended.  It's a different look, but I think it turned out to be a happy design anyway.  The heat embossing lines of course resist the watercolor.

To "take off" the embossed image lines, I used my iron which melts it off and smooths out the design once again so that I could stamp the sentiment in which I created a shadow effect by stamping the black and then slightly off-setting the white heat embossed one over it.  You wouldn't be able to do this if the background was embossed which makes this really cool to mask with your stamps! :)

The sentiment came from the SSS STAMP-tember event this last year which was designed by MFT...I of course fell in love with it and had to have it!!  But it's not available any more.

I finished it off with some white silk ribbon and sequins.

Here's a closer view of the card:
As you can see yellow and blue make green, but I have tried to keep the lines of the watercolor a bit more defined on my design here.

I hope this helped brighten your day friend!! :)
Thanks for stopping in and checking it out!  I've got one more card to finish up with tomorrow so I'll be back again then!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

MFT Camp Create - Day 4 - Magnificent Masking
I earned this badge today:

Online Card Classes - Heat Wave - Day 3 (final day)


26 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love the clear embossed background and the blue and the yellow are perfect for a bright summer card!

Chrissy said...

I love a blue and yellow colour combo Vicki..love the embossed background and your bright and happy card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Mac Mable said...

Yep this certainly brightened my day lol x Such fun and vibrant colours. Great technique and I think the colours are fabulous x Thanks for sharing x

Lola said...

What a great technique and effect.

Pollard Carole said...

So pretty you are right these colours work so well it looks gorgeous especially that fab heat embossing love and hugs Carole x

Patti J said...

So pretty! I think the colors were a beautiful choice! Delightfully done, Vicki!

Patti said...

Cool! You are the technique Queen this week friend! : ) I would never have known to iron off the EP Nifty!!

Patti

aussie aNNie said...

Love the balloons in the post below and this card is just as stunning. The colours are amazing and love the embossing. Stunning designed creation.xx
 {aNNie}

Bad Kitty said...

very nice colors!
great card!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous background and love the colours. A beautiful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna said...

This is gorgeous, I like the color combo!

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Vicki, I love your background and the beautiful bright colors!
Hugs, Tammy

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Vicki, I love blue and yellow and love how you've used this fun background stamp I've loved admired. And how cool that you iron off the embossing so you can then the sentiment and then offset a bit to emboss it! Very cool, and I love it! I didn't do this class, but I may have to sign up for it one day. Love it! Hugs, sweet friend!

Carol L said...

I'm actually a big fan of blue & yellow, and those touches of green only enhance those pretty, colorful panels! I like the shadow effect on the sentiment panel too. This is just beautiful!!

Lynn McAuley said...

It's beautiful! I love it!

Pia S said...

With a background as pretty as this no additional image is needed, all it would do is to cover up the beauty of it. Love it!

Becca Cruger said...

Love love love love this! I was scrolling down your recent postings and this one made me drool a little bit. <3

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the bright colours and embossing technique
Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

Love your fun background! An amazing design idea and beautiful colors, with your beautifully aligned flowers. I can hardly wait to try this! Hugs, de

laurie said...

Those colors are gorgeous! Another awesome background!

Asha said...

Wow.... that bg is simply stunning, my friend. The colours are amazing ... so vibrant.
hugs Asha

NanaConnie said...

A fabulous technique, my friend! Love the blue and yellow together. So striking.

cm said...

Isn't this Roses background fabulous, so filled with possibility and versatility! Your showcase here, with the pretty colour combination, is gorgeous! Love this!
hugs~c

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Vicki this is beautiful those colours are amazing a brilliant creation
hugs
lorraine x

Dawn Frost said...

Very cool I love how it turned out!

Monika Reeck said...

The flower background stamp is adorable Vicki
and you put blue and yellow stripes so nice on your card
the Thanks sentiment is perfect with that sequin
love to walk around your blog
hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...