"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

Ice Cream Row and Party Pig

Hello friends!
Wow, can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post!  Time is clearly not on my side for this week!  I had actually wanted to participate in a challenge for one of these cards that I've made today and the other card was supposed to be for a sweet birthday girl turning 21, but I JUST finished these and wasn't able to accomplish either one of these tasks! sigh....

None-the-less, I've had the "pieces" laid out on my table all week and was not going to move on until I finished up these cards!  I'm actually glad that I had some time to work on something today, because I really needed some quite time coloring therapy!  It's just been "one of those weeks"...sigh...

OK..enough with the sighs, here's my cards:
I think this image just screams "YUMMY!"  It was so fun to color too!  This image was actually the "Stamp of the Month" over at the From the Heart blog and I've actually missed out on the darn challenge!  That's totally fine because I really like this set and I'm sure the next one coming out will be just as fun to color and hopefully I can catch that one.  But this set is called Ice Cream Lineup and it has lots of really cute sentiments to go along with it as well.  There are lots of opportunities to really "bling" it up if you wanted to.  I've added some glitter paper behind my stitched die cut image panel and added some silver metallic twine with it and popped it up over my white card base.

Here's a closer look at the ice cream:
After I finished coloring the image, I've covered the ice cream with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.  I've also added some glossy accents to the cherry on top.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so for my second card, this one was supposed to be for a sweet girl I know that turned 21 and she really loves animals.  There is a little cute joke about pigs with her to the point that she actually now has a small collection of pig items.  So of course I had to use a pig image for my card:
I found this really adorable pig image set at From the Heart called "Hamlet PigWit Cold Suds".  I used a sentiment from this set and then I also took the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from another FTH set that I can't find right now, but I think it's a Bird Brain set?  I took the balloon image from the Photo Ham PigWit digital set to use on my card as well.  I have paper pieced some of the balloons along with parts of the pig's party hat too.  For the single balloon along the left side, I just cut off a balloon from the bunch that I used for paper piecing and drew a string with a black marker for it.

I wanted the pig and balloons to look like they are both behind and in front of the frame, so I just took a MFT stitched square frame die and cut it out from some of the same design papers that I used on the balloons.  I took some foam tape and popped up the frame over top of the colored pig and balloon image.  I then took the party hat, beer mug and a couple of the balloons and popped them up over top of the frame so it looked like they were in front of the frame.  I think it makes it look like the pig is handing you over a drink through the frame window.  :)

Here's a closer look at the dimension:
For the beer that the pig is holding, I have used some liquid applique and heated it up to make it "puffy" to resemble a foamy beer.

I just finished off the card with some stitch lines at the top that I drew on with my black marker and mounted the image panel onto a piece of black card stock which was then layered onto an A2 sized white card base.  Lastly I finished it with some sequins to match the colors from the papers.

I hope you've enjoyed my creations today and thanks for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES FOR ICE CREAM CARD (TOP):
1.  CASology - Row

2  Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes for July

3.  Naughty or Nice - Anything Goes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGES FOR PARTY PIG CARD (SECOND):
1.  i {heart} Sketches - paper piecing twist & sketch
2.  ATSM -  HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY!!!!

3.  Just Add Ink - "Just Add 'S'..." (I used Stitching, Sequins, Suds, & Sparkle)

49 comments:

Patti J said...

These are so cute, but oh my goodness, I'm quite smitten with the little pig card! Thanks for sharing! You should enter it in our challenge at The House That Stamps Built...it's anything goes! Hugs and happy 4th!

Donna Ellis said...

You always make the cutest, happiest of designs, Vicki! I love both cards. The sparkly matt looks great on your ice cream of life card (LOL such a cute sentiment), and the piggy is way too adorable! Wonderful balloons - I especially like the way they float away, on top, and into the frame. Your layering and popping up of the hat and frothy beverage are also terrific! Hope you are enjoying the beginning of a great week-end! hugs, de

Carol L said...

What a fun pair of cards you've made! I love the glittered and glossed ice cream with that great sentiment, but the piggy card just stole my heart! I love the 3D look of that bar-tending oinker!! Clever and very creative!

Davi said...

Love these cute cards Vicki!! The first one is so pretty, your really made the deserts look so yummy they have me drooling :) The second is way toooo fun! I really like how your little pig is peaking out the window and all the dimension you added. Your beer foam looks so real :) Have a super 4th weekend!

Donna said...

Scrummilicious ice cream card Vicki, a real cool CAS design, perfectly coloured as always! Love the Pigwit card these images always make me smile...fab frame and the balloons, gives so much dimension to your design! :) Donna ♥ x

Mac Mable said...

Yes where does time go? Loving the sentiment on your first card, such fun. The colouring you've done is fabulous and with all the extra bling and glossy accents makes this one beautiful card x Such a personal and clever piggy card. Love the foam on the bear. You are always so clever with your attention to detail x

Bad Kitty said...

very nice cards!
this party pig is so cute
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Dotty Jo x said...

Your cards are a delight! I'm heading over to take alook at those adorable digis as soon as I've finished this comment! Thanks so much for joining us at NoN this month for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge, Jo x

~amy~ said...

These are so much fun...I especially LOVE the pig one...sooo cute!

Linda Simpson said...

These are wonderful, love the ice cream card, they look good enough to eat!
Hugs
Linda xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant and fun cards, love the stamps and papers used. gorgeous colour combo as well...enjoy your weekend.xx {aNNie}

Sarah said...

Ice cream and pigs...who could ask for more?! These are fantastic cards Vicki, especially Hamlet. Hope next week is a better one xx

Donna said...

Fabulous cards Vicki! Your ice cream card is beautiful, like your coloring and how you grounded the images, and the pig and suds is too cute, like how you did the foam! Have a great weekend!

Jerrie said...

I had to stop by to see what you have been up to and it looks like your are up to xtreme cuteness! Your pig card is darling and your ice cream card looks so real...great job!

Lindsey said...

I really like both your cards! Gorgeous colouring on the ice creams, and what a great sentiment. Your second card is just so much fun! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Naughty or Nice, good luck!!! Amy DT

Imke said...

Vicki, both cards are fabulous ! Love the glittery background paper on the first and your CAS layout. The second is my favorite. Like how you´ve placed Hamlet in the frame and added the balloons. Just fabulous !!

Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a twist # 158 @ From the Heart Stamps !

Nikki Spencer said...

Such cute cards Vicki, fun and cheery, perfect for birthdays. Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.

Monika Reeck said...

the pig and Balloon so so cuutee love the sketch and the colors of the balloon papers..cute cute
and the first one ooooh it looks like a real ice cream the middle I want it Vicki
it coloring perfectly and I love your first card so so much
wish it is for me hehehe
hugs
Monika

Margreet said...

Your first card is very 'cool', Vicky...love the glittery touches.
Your pig card is brilliantly done for that pig lover....fantastic how the pig hands over the beer.
xxx Margreet

Tip Top said...

Amazing cards! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful design these are fab cards I love that sentiment on the ice cream card just perfect Love and hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

Two fabulous cards Vicki! I love the sparkle and sentiment on your first card! AND what a super cute pig on the second card and I love how you've framed him! I hope you have a wonderful 4th my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Lori Kobular said...

Both of your cards are adorable! The ice cream card looks yummy! And that Piggy card is just so much fun with the foaming mug! Two awesome fun cards!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Vicky!
Love your cards! Nice colours and love the special effects like the sparkles at your first card and the dimension on the other.
Hugs, Jacqueline

Lynn McAuley said...

I love ice cream, but I love this party pig more!! Amazing work, Vicki!!

Jen W. said...

Vicki, both of your cards are fabulous! That little piggy peeking out from the frame is adorable - so much great dimension! And as for your first card, well, now I want some ice cream! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Andrea W said...

Both cards are fantastic! I really like how you used the frame with the cute pig image on your second card.

Kim said...

The ice cream looks yummy and the pig is adorable! Gorgeous cards!

nwilliams6 said...

Cute ice cream card - the silver is perfect...BUT...I totally LOVE the pig card. Perfect amount of layering for dimension and that image is sooooooo FUN! Such a great card - I know she love, love, loved it. Your cards are so fresh looking. Hugz

inkeverywhere said...

Both very sweet cards. I like the layering in your second card. Chantell JAI

Sanja Grdinić said...

Both awesome & fun cards, Vicki! Love the silver lining and the simple CAS look on the first one, but also that Piggy one is... Perfect! :)
Have a lovely day!

Pia S said...

I've been absent due to holidays abroad, but now I'm back and trying to get into crafting and blogging routines again:)
I love the saying of the sentiment on your first card and how you designed it for a CAS look. Nice touch with the glitter!
Your second card is too cute! I was just thinking eeeek I love it the moment I saw it! Fantastic, love the way the balloons are arranged and the piggy peeking out from the frame.

Barb Ghig said...

Two really cute cards, Vicki! Your ice cream looks good enough to eat, and I love your piggy! How fun that you added beer foam to this card, too...Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your pig party card is so sweet... love it
and your icecream card = now I`ve been hungry... of an ice ...
so sweet your design.
Hugs Anja

Asha said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE little piggies. Isn't he the cutest chubbiest little cherub. And those sweet little ears - super adorable!
hugs Asha

Asha said...

I'm back .... how did I miss those cupcakes?! I never pass up on sweet treats! They look yummo! Slurp!
hugs, Asha

crafty-stamper said...

I am so behind with commenting felt sure I must have missed loads of your cards-don't you just hate it when you make a card for a certain challenge then miss it!!!But love both cards great CAS ice-cream one and love the sparkle -love the piggy one just that little bit more lol love the dimension of the glass appearing outside the aperture
Carol x

MiamiKel said...

Oh how sweet and fun adn coloring and charming! Your ice cream cards looks scrpumptious - beautifully colored and I love the bit of sparkle behind it, Vicki! And the second piggy card is out of this world fun! The propped up party hat and creative suds - just darling! Love them both! ♥

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, I love both of these cards, and I LOVE ice cream all year-round! What an adorable card, and I love the glitter border and the silver thread in the twine. And the pig - well, he's just the cutest, and I love the great frame. Beautifully colored and designs! Thanks for sharing these and for making me smile today! And, yes, I have ice cream every night, and I always have strawberries on top. My favorite ice cream now is cookies and cream. Hehe! Hugs!!

laurie said...

Both are so cute! I love the shimmer on the ice cream cones, they look so yummy!

Lola said...

Lovin' the sparkly goodness on the ice cream and my oh my that pig card is adorable!

Heidi Stamps said...

What sweet cards! Love them both!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your ice-cream card is so well done. I love the glitter and you great coloring.
The little pig card is just adorable. I like how you framed him. I have to check out this stamp set. Thanks, for sharing.

Jo said...

AWESOME!! I love the sweet simplicity of the ice-cream line up, they look good enough to eat. But, oh my! How cool is your Hamlet card?!! *claps* Perfect mix and match of 2 fab sets, and great paper piecing.
I LOVE IT!
Thank you so much for joining in the fun at FTHS
Jo

Patti said...

Vicki these are just too cute! The desserts look just yummy the way you colored them and I love the addition of the silver behind your main panel..

The pig is just plain huggable! I can't help myself I'm off to check out this NEW to me anyway! digital stamp company! I love digis : )

Patti

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

These are both so fabulous! I love the glittery silver peeking out behind the ice cream and the Hamlet card is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at FTHS for Sketch #158!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Very tasty card !! You wonderfully painted images. It looks very realistic. I love this card.
Hugs,
BozenA

Dawn Frost said...

What an adorable pig, I LOVE his beer, lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...