"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

One Layer Embossed Balloons

Hello friends!
I think this week and this Summer is going by really quickly now!  I even found some time to change up my blog really quickly yesterday afternoon and I think it helps bright things up a bit around here.  I was just ready for something different and this helped.  :)

I have another card to share for the classes I've been taking and this one had a bit of thought process behind it of how I wanted to do it.

I've done both inlaid dies and heat embossing for this one layer card:
Although this doesn't appear to be a one layer card, it is, but the heat embossing has given it so much dimension, so I will explain how I put it together:

I have taken a piece of white card stock and heat embossed the MFT Transparent Triangles background stamp with clear embossing powder.  I then used my distress inks to color over them with a rainbow color pattern.  The heat embossing resists the images when I go over them with ink.  I used this panel to cut out several of the MFT Balloon dies.

I took another piece of white card stock and laid out how I wanted to arrange my design.  I took the MFT Stitched Basic Edges dies to use a piece for the top right corner, I cut the balloons out as well.  After I die cut those, I took the MFT Happy Birthday sentiment die and cut out where I wanted that and saved the pieces I needed to fill it in with.

For the embossing, it looks like I die cut the sentiment out with metallic paper, but I have used Ranger Liquid Platinum to heat emboss the word die as well as the corner piece at the top.  When I heat embossed this corner piece, I have to do it twice so it took some of the stitching detail out of that piece.  In hindsight, I could've covered it again with embossing powder to completely remove the stitching details which may look better.  (Something to think about for later!)

So after everything was all die cut out, I used a thin piece of typing paper with adhesive fully covering it and then I placed all the pieces together on my design. This typing paper piece was then attached to an A2 sized top folding card base.

Afterwards, I wanted to add some balloon strings to my card, so I took my VersaMarker (Just like the VersaMark ink pad only in a marker form) and used it to draw some strings on my balloons and then took the Ranger Liquid Platinum EP to heat set it in.

Here is a closer look at all of the heat embossing and die cutting on my card:
Here you can see the heat embossing details better and how the dies were all inlaid into this white card front.  I think this would be a great birthday card to send to either a male or female and I am always in need of birthday cards, aren't you?  I love the feel of the embossing when I rub my hand across it! :)

Hope you've enjoyed my one layer card today and of course I will be back again tomorrow for another day of class projects!!  Thanks for dropping by friends!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
MFT Camp Create - Inlaid Made Easy badge I earned today:

Online Card Classes - Day 2 Heat Wave class


32 comments:

MariClaudi said...

Awesome! So many techniques in one card...way to go.

Margreet said...

Just beautiful Vicki!
Great techniques!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Vicki..it does look like more than one layer..love the embossing and great techniques..brilliant colours too.

luv CHRISSYxx

Heidi Stamps said...

Those balloons are so fun with the geometric heat embossing in addition to the great colors!

Monika Reeck said...

cool that you heat embossed that geometric inside the ballon and the sponging is to die for
love the color combo and love the happy birthday in gold
so beautiful and for me this is my winner card...
luv the color and the arrangement
Vicki I am happy catch up all your post..I was seen you posted 1 July hmmm where is my sweet friend Vicki...
I am happy and now I go sleep hehe it is 23:00 nearly in Germany
hugs
Monika

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous to make this card as a one layer...really looks so dimensional. Love the pop of metallic and clever to stamp the balloons with the mini triangle. Noticed you changed your photo back again too x

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Vicki WOW !! Delightful card! I love the beautiful ombre balloon. I really like the inlaying balloons in the gold area. Great idea. This card certainly would like to get on my birthday !!!

Carol L said...

I'd say you're the best one-layer designer with this beautiful card! I love how you inlaid the embossed sentiment and corner, but those balloons are downright festive! Very pretty card!

Donna Ellis said...

Your embossed areas came out so perfectly smooth and creamy, Vicki! I love when that happens! LOL Delightful design - and I wondered if it was one layer, or possibly inlaid - you are so gifted by using these techniques together to create a masterpiece! hugs, de

Glorious Tsui-Mark said...

What a beautiful design! Love your choice of colours, it brightens up my day :)

Pam said...

Gorgeous card!

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card!
great colors!
hugs

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous card i love it such a clever design Love and hugs Carole x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful design Vicki, love the sweet balloons.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Diane said...

Fabulous design Vicki, and thanks for the detailed instructions.

Hugs diane

Dawn Frost said...

Wow your embossing came out beautifully, love the sentiment and balloons!

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love the balloons and the inlaid Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

I'm not a huge fan of balloons ( they scare me when they go pop!!) however these are an exception and are brilliant, love the colours, design and embossed detail...great job xx

Patti said...

Jaw dropping!! thank you for the wonderful step by step Vicki I NEED to try this technique the results are spectacular!!

Perfect for male or female!! anyone would love getting this perfect card!

Patti

Ami said...

Lovely card!

Donna said...

This is stunning, like the colors and the embossing is stunning!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the fabulous gold accents on this beautiful OLC birthday design, Vicki! Awesome card!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, I love this! Amazing techniques and a beautiful card.

Pia S said...

The metallic look of the EP goes so well with these colors and adds something extra to this fun, cheerful colored design.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card love the embossing and bright colours -another great technique(I am working backwards from first post lol)
Carol x

laurie said...

Love the gold and bright colors..great card!

Asha said...

Love your inlaid diecuts... what a beautiful finish. I'm learning a lot from you. Thank you, friend :)
hugs, Asha

NanaConnie said...

Your inlay work is absolute perfection! I love the heat embossing and your balloons just shimmer, especially the metallic strings on them.
Wonderful embossing work on the sentiment, too. It's really spectacular.

cm said...

Ingenious inlaying, creating a one-layer card that has 'celebration' all over it! Your balloons are amazing; the platinum corner, striking! In awe, I tell you! AWE!!
Hugs~c

Jerrie said...

Vicki, loving all this color and texture on your card...right down to the gold balloon strings! Fantastic!

Patti J said...

Love your card, Vicki, and your new blog look is fantastic! You need to teach me how to do that! Lol... Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...