"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Snapshots in Paradise

Hello friends!
Thank you SO MUCH for your kind and lovely comments on my card yesterday!  I find that I have missed typing up a post to share and feel the MOJO slowly coming back to life a bit!   Sometimes you just need to step back and take a breath.  :)  I will get around to seeing what you've all been up to soon!

So continuing on with the MFT Camp Create session, I needed to make a card for Day 2 along with another card for Heat Wave Class.  I have been keeping both in mind when creating my cards.  I really hope to at least have one for each day for both places until the deadline ends of course! LOL!

Here's what I've come up with today:
I'm pretty sure one of my fave MFT sets is this Penguins in Paradise. (If you know me as a stamper, then you know I have a modest collection of penguins floating around in my stamp stash!)  I have also used the MFT die-namics Precious Polaroids to make the "snapshots" of this cool penguin chillin'.

For the Day 2 of Camp Create, we were to "Color on Kraft".  (I think you can just get away with any type of coloring for this.)  I have kept in mind my "Heat Wave" class when doing this, so I have used embossing where I learned a technique to color and then emboss over it after the coloring was finished.  I know that you can still use pencils through the embossing, but this isn't what I have done.  I colored each image on here with my Prismascolor Pencils and then heat embossed pigment black ink with clear embossing powder when I was done.  I love the crisp and clear results you get after doing this and I know I will be doing this again using Copic markers!  This time I wanted to break out my new pencils and color with them...it's something that I don't normally color with and it was great to use something else new from my stash and do something different as well.  It takes a bit more time to double stamp and color, but I really like the results with it.

Here's closer view so you can see the embossing details:
I have heat embossed the sentiment at the bottom with white EP and the sentiment on the Polaroid was done by inking with black pigment ink and clear EP heated over like I've done with the images.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today!!
Hope you've enjoyed my "Snapshots in Paradise" creation! :)  Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
MFT Camp Create - I've earned this badge for Day 2 - Coloring On Kraft
 Heat Wave Online Card Classes - Day 1 (Coloring & Embossing)


22 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- loving the cute little Polaroid snapshots in fron of the trees. Beautiful coloring : )

Heidi Stamps said...

That is pretty much adorable! I love the Kraft coloring and the cute poloroid frames!

Kim said...

This is so adorable! Love the sentiment. So cool😊

Bad Kitty said...

super sweet card!
love it!

LeAnne said...

This is so cool....very appropriate for this hot weather we're having! LOVE it!

Donna said...

Darling card VickI!

Jerrie said...

Oh this is so cute. Love your snapshot and the penguin is not what you expect to see on vacation in a hot spot!

Carol L said...

A penguin in paradise? Too cute, and seriously adorable with those polaroid "photos." Fun card :)

aussie aNNie said...

COOL card, cooler image and cooolest colouring.xxx.xxx {aNNie}

Donna Ellis said...

Good Morning, Vicki! This is one of the cutest sets fEVER! I love everything about it, including the popped up palm tree and sandy hill, as well as the way you have featured your cool pengie and tropical drink! WHAT a FABULOUS design idea! And one that I hope to case (if my pee-brain can remember it!) in the meantime, I've pinned your card so I can remember, and share it with my followers! Thanks so much for a fun morning, Vicki! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

The heat embossing does give a really neat edge and loving it! Such a cute layout and love how the drink square has been popped into the sand, such a clever and cute card x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great job with the challenge to colour on kraft!

Linda Simpson said...

A fabulous card and I do love penguins.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Monika Reeck said...

uuiih Penguin so cuuutee
and your coloring on craft is super B
and the embossing heat it with clear powder is Clever idea
I can see it after you show the other Photo
cool cute and I love your scene Vicki
I was wondering where were you my friend
big hugs from Germany
once more Adorable super cute card
Monika

Lori Kobular said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love that penguin!

Cindy Beach said...

I just LOVE this, Vicki! The kraft is amazing and such a stunning way to highlight this adorable penguin.

Pia S said...

We've got hot summery weather in Oslo now, finally! So I enjoying the weather and I'm a few days late visiting. Mojo is coming and going, hope to get some cards done this weekend, unless weather is great as they're forecasting bad summer weather in general this year.
Your little forest of Palm trees makes a great background for what loos like photo snaps from a holiday. A card with a LO concept. Cool!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational cuteness here! I love these adorable stamp selfies with your fabulous masked and die cut palms!!

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun images and love the snapshot look
carol x

Asha said...

I'll have what the penguin is having ..... it is hot as hell here. I am melting! This card makes me want to pack my flip-flops and run away with the penguin.I'd say your card isa success! :)
hugs Asha

cm said...

Yes *fist pump* to using this fabulous set (one of my cutie-patootie favourites!) for the colouring-on-kraft challenging, which you've done with flair and style! The polaroid frames, your colouring, the layout: eye-catching and fun! I want to go to the beach and chill (and drink beverages with umbrellas in them!)!
Hugs~c

Dawn Frost said...

What a great die, I love your snapshots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...