"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Squeal, Oink, Hello!

Hello friends!
I've finally made it through to my last day of classes and camp! Yay!!
It was actually pretty fun to sit and make a card every day with these things in mind while making my cards!  I will finally have a few days spending to go blog hopping and hope to see what you're all up to!  I will then have to turn my attention to making sample creations for the BIG EVENT over at Splitcoaststampers coming up soon!  If you check out the top right side of blog, there is a blinkie advertising the up-coming "Dare to Get Dirty" 2016 Challenge Event!  This is a very special yearly and popular event on SCS they host for fan club members.  If you are a fan club member and would like to go, please print out this slip below, fill it out and give it to your spouse:
This event will be a week long event from Saturday July 30th through Saturday August 6th.  This is strictly for fan club members.  If you've not joined or let your membership slide, what're you waiting for?  Be inspired by the Dirty Dozen girls every month and participate in many other privileges that come along with it like the "Dare to Get Dirty" challenges!
CLICK HERE for more information about it!

I can't wait to start making up some creations to go with all of these really awesome challenges!  I will be hosting one of the challenges myself...and it's a GOOD ONE!! :)  Secrets are what I am full of lately!! LOL!!  I do hope to see as much of you there as possible!!
-------------------------------

OK, so now onto my card for today:
Yes, I'm sure you've all seen this Oh so adorable stamp set from MFT called Hog Heaven!  I fell in love with it just like everyone else I've seen in blogland for sure!! LOL!!  I wasn't able to get the coordinating dies that go with it, but I've ordered them and they're actually on the way any time now.  Yay!  I still had so much fun breaking it out for this card!

So for the last day, Day 5, of camp create over at MFT, we were to make our own background with stamps.  I thought it would be so fun to combine several of the images within this same stamp set and stamp them randomly on my background.  I even included those cute pig words with it too!  I love the way the video for Day 5 camp create showed the background stamping over kraft card stock, colored with pencils and then outlined with a white gel pen.  I've never thought about doing that before, so I gave it a try and really liked the results with it.

I've also used the new MFT sketch for this week to help complete my card.  I masked the piggy and put him leaning over top of the tiny create and popped him up over the black strip that I've heat embossed the "hello" with white EP.  He was colored with Copics.  I cut my own fish tail ends for all of the strips.  I used the clouds from the Magical Unicorns set and then die cut them out with the coordinating dies to place around my little piggy.

The rectangle panel was sponged with some Ranger Tumbled Glass distress ink before adding all of the elements over it.  I popped up this panel over the kraft card front.  The colors of the banner strips are MFT Berrylicious and Tickled Pink.  (I thought they matched up with the design.)

Here's a closer look at the details of my background:
I forgot to mention that I've also taken a Wink of Stella glitter pen to add a bit of sparkle to the center of each of the flowers in the background.  You can sort of see it in the photo here.

I hope you've enjoyed my creations this week for the embossing class and MFT camp create classes that I've taken!  I sure had lots of fun with it!  :)

Thanks so much for dropping in and I'll be seeing you real soon my friends!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

41 comments:

Patti said...

C.U.T.E.!! That pig is just huggable : )

I love that permission slip! too funny. I should print them up by the dozens to hand out at will LOL

Patti

Donna said...

Absolutely adorable!

Margreet said...

Oink oink Vicki...it is so funny and also wonderful with the stamped flower background...oink oink....fabulous!!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Oh what a cutie that oinker is!! Love the background too!

jimlynn said...

Squeal!!! SOOO cute and fun. Love the little piggy and your entire card Vicki. Great background and just adorable.
Lynn

Deb said...

Wow, so fabulous, that piggy is so cute and your background is amazing, so much nicer than any bought papers! hugs Debxx

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that little pig and the fabulous background you've created!
Hugs, Tammy

Bad Kitty said...

so cute!
hugs

Mac Mable said...

Well done you on completing the camp challenge at MFT. What a fabulous card and love how you've done your colouring and the white gel around the coloured stamps makes them pop. Still not got coloured pencils as trying to decide which ones I want!!! Thanks for sharing x

Mac Mable said...

Yep hate my photo taken too...hence the teddy bear...lol x Thanks for finding time to swing by my blog and leave such kind and generous comments, always appreciate them x

Heidi Stamps said...

Your background is so adorable, especially outlined with white! The pig is so cute!

Carol L said...

What a cute little piggie! I absolutely love the stamped background you created, and the way this oinker is peeking out to say "hello!" Fun card!

aussie aNNie said...

Just 'oinked' over this lol, adorable piggy wiggy. Brilliant design, love those colours too. Have a lovely weekend.xx {aNNie}

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cute! Super sweet take on the sketch and challenge!

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome background for this sweet pig! I love the flowers on kraft outlined with white! Sensational work, Vicki!

MaryH said...

Love the ideas that created this cute background. Never thought of trying this technique, and it looks adorable with this cute piggy. Lots of imagination to interpret the sketch, and the pig peeking over this crate is just too fun. I love all the banners too. Good job on this one..it's sure to bring a smile when opened. Happy wkend & TFS

Linda Simpson said...

This is so darn cute! I love the little piggy and great background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Diane said...

Absolutely adorable Vicki, great background paper and little piggy.

Hugs Diane

Olga Jewell said...

love this cute card.......

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my goodness, Vicki, this is fabulous! I love how you masked that pig over the desk. Your background is gorgeous!

Pia S said...

Cuteness alert!!! Adorable. Love the effect of the white lines, an idea I'm sure I'm going to borrow...

Becca Cruger said...

Oh Vicki, this is pigxactly what I think about when I think about adorable. Totally cute!

crafty-stamper said...

Great to see you back Vicki and great card love the fun image and background you created
carol x

Donna Ellis said...

How cute the white halos are around those sweetly colored flowers! Congratulations all 'round for your completion of stamp camp, and your SCS gig! Hugs, de

laurie said...

That's so cute Vicki! Such a fun background you created...love it!!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Beautiful stamped background, looks like a paper bought for big money. Very professional work! I love this sweet pink piglet. sweet :-)
Hugs,
BozenA

Asha said...

Just toooo cute, Vicki! LOVE the Hog Heaven set. This set is adorable and you've made a super cute card. The bg stamping is fab too. I made a 2 birthday cards earlier this month with this piggy set and am just aching to share but only after the 24th ... don't want to spoil the surprise!
hugs Asha

NanaConnie said...

Great work with that sketch, Vicki, and I adore the little piglet! Fantastic background. Is that dp or did you stamp it?

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello dear Vicki!
Your card is beautiful and so adorable!
Great take on the sketch!!
xx

cm said...

SQUEAL! Your little piggy, surrounded by flowers, squeals and oinks, is simply tooooo cute! Smiling all over my face in seeing this! Another 'love'! That permission slip is hilarious, although I think a week is far too short! I opt for "the next 365 days" as a substitute *grin*! Looking forward to your secrets being revealed!
Hugs~c

Pollard Carole said...

Just adorable isn't this just the curtest card love and hugs Carole

aussie aNNie said...

Just popping in again to send oinking smiles.xx {aNNie}

Shelly Schmidt said...

LOL, I love the permission slip I have to quit work because of my back- it will be my first week off: ) Your card is darling- I just love the stamped BG on the card. Yes, the piggy is adorable!

Jerrie said...

This little piggy is adorable! I love your background and your card rocks!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card with the pig is so wonderful... and lovely...

Have a nice day
Anja

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I have not been around much either so I have missed a lot. I adore this cutie card the piggy image is delightful the flowers and colours as well as the whole card design is ACE, I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Aileen Ryan said...

Love this card totally Vicki. Your background pattern is perfect, the white around the image so totally works. Love it

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hello dear Vicki!! I have been meaning to come here and personally congratulate your for being on the DD!! I have been taking graduate classes and super busy. I am so happy for you!! I know your creations will be amazing!! The time will go so quickly!! Enjoy!! Hope you have fun with the Dare to get Dirty challenges. Hope I have time to join in from time to time!!

This card is so sweet and cute!! Love it!!
hugs,
Chris

MiamiKel said...

OH he is charming! Colored to perfection and snuggled up on the wall with just the right card design to match - super darling card, Vicki! ♥

Sarah said...

Love it Vicki!! I have this stamp set and couldn't get inspired...until I saw this, that is!! xx

Monika Reeck said...

I never try coloring on kraft this flowers are all adorable colored and nice DP you made with sentiment too
cute Image cute scene lovely HELLO
all together are adorable card and I am in love with this Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...