"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Camp Create Farewell Bonfire Bonus Badge - One Layer Savvy

Hello friends!
Happy Monday to you!  Hope you all had a pleasant weekend!  I was happy to have spent many hours inside the cool air conditioning!  (A great way to do a camp bonfire I think! LOL!)

So Camp Create threw a special "Farewell Bonfire" and issued a special bonus badge!  How fun! :)  The title of this challenge was called "Single Layer Savvy" which means we were to create a one layer/flat card design.  Here's my take on that challenge:
Now I think these MFT Beary Special Birthday bears are so sweet!  I thought they would be so much fun to make a scene to color in for this challenge.

I've used the MISTI tool to help me put together a stamped scene on this card front.  I didn't cut anything out, this is all stamped on this one layer white card base.  I used the presents image from the set and did some masking to make a pile of presents stacked on top of each other and then topped it off with a bouquet of balloons.  I think the presents are about as tall as the bear!! LOL!  I did a tiny goof and had to draw in a few lines here and there, but if you can't tell, then awesome! :)  I have used my Copic markers to completely color in the images including the ground and shadows at the bottom.  I thought it would be fun to have the floor with the shadows on it.

I layered this card front scene onto a piece of MFT Spearmint A2 sized top folding card base.  I thought it helped bring out the balloon that the little bear was holding.  This is the same color that I used for the monochromatic design that I made for the first day of camp too!  (CLICK HERE if you happened to miss that card...it almost got thrown away! LOL!!)

Here's a closer look at the coloring and balloons:
Here you can see that I've added some dot detail to the presents and the party hat which was also masked on his head.  I've also covered the balloons with some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.  It took a bit of time to put it all together and color it in, but I really like how it turned out!

This will make a nice up-coming birthday card for someone I have in mind! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by again today!  I really enjoy seeing what you have to say!  I'm lucky to have such a fun hobby to share with you!!  See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


CHALLENGES:
1.  MFT Camp Create Farewell Bonfire (Bonus Badge) - Single Layer Savvy
Here's the badge I've earned for this challenge:

2.  Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes


3.  CAS-ual Fridays (CFC154) - Time to Color (any media)

34 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

I love this super cute card. The balloon that is overlapping looks especially good. The coloring is so nice and I like the extra shimmer. TFS!

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a brilliant stamped card.
The colours are so very lovely, and the stamping is ace.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Andrea, said...

Love the colours you have used on this card Vicki and the cute stamps x

Carol L said...

I love how you colored all those fun presents and how the pastel shades carry through with the shimmery balloons! I'm impressed with the way you grounded everything with your expert coloring skills too! Cute card!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Vikki, love the sweet bear and sparkle on the balloons.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nonni said...

Love this little b-day scene, so cute, fun and colorful!

Chrissy said...

Aww..he is gorgeous and fantastic colouring Vicki..love the shadows..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

A fantastic one layer card Vicki with so much detail in the scene. Love the huge pile of presents and the shadows look amazing...great job!! xx

Tammy said...

Adorable card Vicki! I love the fun birthday scene you've created and your coloring is absolutely gorgeous!
Hugs, Tammy

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this bitty bear and his mile-high packages! What a fun birthday card, Vicki!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How cute! And that delightfully punny sentiment! Love it!

Patti J said...

Lol...love the sentiment, and your card is so sweet! Another adorable creation, dear friend! As always, your coloring is perfect. Home run!!! 'Beary' cute!

laurie said...

Your Birthday bear is so SWEET! What an adorable card Vicki!

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

What a sweet bear, and look at all of those fun presents! Super cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

This is by far, the cutest one layer card I have ever seen! Vicki, you did an amazing job with this card and your coloring is beautiful. I love the soft blue shadow all around and the sparkle! Love it!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Bad Kitty said...

super cute card!
love cute image!
Fiki

Mac Mable said...

Wow fabulous stamping and colouring on this one layer card. Ye Ha for the Misti. Such a fun, cute and colourful card. Amazing entries this week for the MFT challenges, lots of hard work and creativity....Fabulous!

Lori Kobular said...

Such a lovely and sweet Bear-thday card! I love the way you colored it!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki...
your birthday bear is so sweet and cute... love your creation...
Hugs Anja

crafty-stamper said...

Great stamping and masking and love the sparkle-a great one layer card
Carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet card. That bear is adorable.

Barbara said...

What a sweet adorable card. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday! Barb DT member

Pollard Carole said...

Just gorgeous i really am in awe of those crafters who can be strong and do one layer as I'm rubbish at it although I always start with good intentions. This is so sweet a perfect one layer card love and hugs Carole x

Céline said...

wonderful card
hugs
céline

NanaConnie said...

What an adorable birthday bear, Vicki! Love how that's spelled in the sentiment. Wonderful bright colors on all the packages and I love, love, LOVE the simple card design.

Patti said...

This is great! I love all the perfect coloring! and especially the little white dots! I keep seeing people do this and the effect is wonderful! I really must try it.

Congratulations to you for making it all the way through Camp. I didn't get to play along but every project you did looked like SO MUCH FUN! just like "real" camp : ) and without having your BFF hoist your bra up the flag pole! ... Oh maybe you had NICE friends when you went to camp who would not think of such a thing! ! LOL

Patti

Patti said...

Oh shucks! I forgot to thank you for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday!! is it too late?? Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday Vicki! heehee We LOVE seeing your cards in the gallery friend!

Patti

Pia S said...

So sweet and love these candy like colors. Great scene created and I'm honestly not seeing any mishaps at all, perfect cover up job.

shirley-bee said...

This is so sweet, and beautifully coloured! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

MiamiKel said...

Oh this little cutie birthday bear could not be any sweeter! Snuggled up with the festive balloons and brightly colored packages and this is just as sweet as can be! Lovely bear-thday card, one that would make you swoon to receive! You are the master at card designs and color! Hugs to you, my friend!

Lisa Harrolle said...

Wow! Great details in your coloring! I love this!

cm said...

Oh my stars! Your little birthday bear, surrounded by his stacks of gifts and pretty balloons, is absolutely precious! Ultra cute! And your colouring: smiling alllll over my face! Love this!
Hugs~c

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet! Great colouring!

Monika Reeck said...

to cuute that teddy bear and all his gift
adorable coloring Vicki and love always your happy and fun card
still waiting a card from you
hope I can send you soon one of my card
biig hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...