"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Camp Create - Shadow STAMPING

Hello friends!  Here we are on Wednesday already!
I feel like the month is August is completely flying by, but I am actually looking forward to the cooling weather and a relief from the heat very soon! :)

Today I have the final creation for the last day of classes at "Camp Create"!  I've had fun completing all of the different challenges and using my collection of MFT products too!  For the final day of classes, the title was called: "Stunning "SHADOW STAMPING", which means to use the "shadow stamping" technique on your design.  So here's what I've come up with:
For this technique, it always looks best if you have a more solid image to work with to create the "shadows".  I think it's a cool technique and a great way to add dimension to your stamping!

So I noticed that in class there were lots of floral images being used, so I waned to be different and go with some candles instead.  I thought the MFT Make a Wish stamp set with the bold and solid candles would work great for this technique and I had lots of colors to choose from with all of the card kit contents that were included with this set.  So I went with the Cornflower Blue card-stock and matching ink to make my panel.  I thought it would be easier to line up everything with my MISTI tool and used that to stamp with.  For the white ink, I had some SU! white ink..

For the sentiment, I've used the MFT Die-namics Happy Birthday and cut it out in white and glued it over top of my design.  I also took some clear Stickles and dotted the insides of each candle flame for a bit of sparkle.  You can also see the strip at the bottom of the card where I've added some white glitter paper to the inside layer of the card.

Here's a closer look at the design laying flat:
So when the recipient opens the card, the sparkle from the strip carries on to the inside of it.

Although this was really simple, I think the white with the dark blue really makes things pop and adding that bit of sparkle adds to the interest of the design.

I hope you've enjoy all of my Camp Create class cards over the last few days!
Thanks so much for stopping in and I will be back soon!
Have a wonderful day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

1.  MFT Camp Create Day 5 - Stunning SHADOW STAMPING
Here's the badge that I've earned for this class:
2.  Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes

3.  Shopping Our Stash - "What the Good Word?" (word dies)


37 comments:

Pia S said...

I was sure you'd used an embossing folders here, but no, shadow stamping. Totally awesome!

Heidi Stamps said...

Um, that totally looks embossed! I can't believe it is stamping! Really awesome job with the technique!

Chrissy said...

I thought this was embossed too Vicki..fabulous shadows and love the touch of sparkle..

luv CHRISSYxx

Olga Jewell said...

So pretty!!!

Mac Mable said...

What an effective technique. Love the blue card stock and the same colour on the candles, so clever x Love the glitzy touches on this eye catching and wow card x Well done on completing all the challenges, lots of hard work and time x

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a brilliant card, and that technique looks very compicated, but the effect is stunning.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful sparkle on that strip, Vicki, and the double stamping is such a fabulous technique! I can't believe how beautifully you managed to get everything lined up. Even with all the 'line-things-up" tools I have, I've never gotten anywhere near that perfect. :-D

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! I thought this card was embossed! Really cool technique!

Bad Kitty said...

great card!
lots of hugs!
Fiki

Patti said...

Oh yeah! this is neat!! I think the shadow creates the most interesting texture! Beautifully done : )

Patti

Janine said...

Never tried Shadow stamping or seen it as far as I know but this card is lovely.

Patti J said...

What a pretty surprise, to open that card to more sparkle! Loving your shadow stamping, my friend. That's a fave technique, and I need to remember to use it more often. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration!

Carol L said...

My eyes are playing tricks on me - I could have sworn this was embossed! What a cool technique and a wonderful finished look!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. I need to try this technique.

Dawn Frost said...

Very cool!

Céline said...

oh wow i don't know this technique, i loooove
hugs
céline

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colours combined on this amazing shadow created creation...
 {aNNie}

Margreet said...

Wow, what a great technique, that shadowpainting...I thought you had used an embossing stencil! Beautiful card!
xxx Margreet

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous and such a wonderful technique.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Beautiful card, very three-dimensional. I have the impression that these candles are extra dimension. Great work from the shadows.
hugs,
BozenA

Diane said...

Wonderful shadowing and technique for your design Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Deb said...

Wow, this is amazing, at first I thought this was embossed, what a fun technique, I still can't work out how you did it! The end result is fabulous though! hugs Debxx

Jerrie said...

I love the way the card looks like it was embossed. I was surprised when you posted you stamped it. This is such an elegant birthday card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, there is just something special about seeing the posts for your cards. I love the two photos, especially the one that shows the sparkling strip! Wow, that's gorgeous! And as I mentioned on SCS, I love the dimension the shadow stamping gives. It almost looks dry embossed. And the sentiment dies are perfect. I love this card, and I know the birthday recipient will as well. Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant shadow stamping and matching ink with the cardstock,love the strip of glitter
Carol x

Asha said...

This is like .... WOW!!! I That shadow stamping looks so much like dry embossing. The effect is simply outstanding. I like the blue too ... very striking.
x Asha

laurie said...

This turned out awesome! That shade of blue just pops!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what an awesome technique Vicki it looks like it has been embossed as it looks so dimensional, fantastic card
hugs
lorraine x

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful job with the technique!

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, this is awesome! I love that shadow stamping technique, the dimension is amazing!!
Hugs, Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful you picked the perfect stamp for this technique love the candles love and hugs Carole x

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! The monotone blue hues are just stunning to begin with, but add in the highlighted shadow stamping and this is just over the top! I 've missed so many of your card creations - now that summer is officially over, I won't be away as long :) Hugs!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational shadow stamping with these birthday candles!! What a fabulous card, Vicki!

Donna said...

This is just stunning, I went and watched the Camp create classes and they were fabulous and I love seeing all your great examples!

Nonni said...

Amazing job with these stamps! This is a fun technique I've wanted to try for ages but always forget -thanks for reminding me!

cm said...

Consider your 'shadow stamping' as completely stunning! That rich blue and your candles...swooning!
Hugs~c

Monika Reeck said...

yaay shadow stamping coollllll technique Vicki
love it much
you have a great stamp for it and looks like you have used DIES
no it is stamping
CLEVER and ADORABLE love all in blue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...