"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Camp Create with a Rainbow and a Pig!

Hello friends!
Here I am back with a couple more creations for that fun and fabulous MFT Camp Create!! :)
A couple more to go and I will meet the final deadline! Yay!

So for Day 3 of Camp Create, the title is "Remarkable RESIST"!
So we were to create a design that has some emboss resist on it!  Here's my take:
Yesterday I made a card that already had some ink blending on it, so I went a different route this time and decided to break out my Gansi Tambi Watercolors for this technique.

I took the MFT Transparent Triangles Background stamp and heat embossed it with clear EP all over a watercolor piece of card stock.  Once I heat embossed it, I brushed the watercolors over top in a rainbow type color order so that it would reveal the triangles from the image! :)  I dried some of it in between times and I let some of the colors run a bit.  I just really love how vibrant these look.

To finish it up, I've mounted it over a white A2 sized top folding card base.  The sentiment comes from the MFT Rainbow of Happiness set.  I heat embossed it with white EP over top of a black card stock strip and cut the banner fishtails at the end.  I popped it up with foam tape and added a next of silver thread behind it before I mounted it down.  I then added some silver sequins and put some silver Stickles in the center of each one.

HERE ARE THE CHALLENGES FOR THE ABOVE CARD:
1.  MFT Camp Create Day 3 - Remarkable RESIST
Here's the badge that I've earned for this day:
2.  My Time to Craft - Embossing (heat or dry)

3.  AAA Cards - Blending (I blended watercolors on mine!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Day 4 of Camp Create, the title is called "Divine DRY EMBOSSING".  But we were to use a die cut to dry emboss a design on our card, so here's my version of that:
TEE HEE!!  I just ADORE this sweet little pig with his arms hanging over the fence! :)  I've used the MFT Hog Heaven for this card along with the coordinating dies for it.

So to make my card design with a die cut, I have used the MFT Stitched Square Scallop Frames Die-namics to make the embossed impression on it.  Because it cut out a frame with it, I thought it would be better to add the frame portion with the mask so that I could sponge some grass and clouds in the background.  I just used a die cut border from acetate to make a stencil for my clouds.  And if you would like to know how I have made my design with the die cut to emboss it into the card stock without actually cutting it out, I have made a video back in February that explains this completely.  Sometimes, the "recipe" for the sandwich in your die cut machine gets to be a bit confusing.  I had tried out several different methods and what worked for me.

CLICK HERE to see the video on how to do this technique.
(I started it right at the point in the video where I start making my card design.  If it doesn't start where I'm making the card, then forward to 3.00 minutes into the video.)

I then colored all of the images from this stamp set with my Copic markers and cut them all out with the coordinating dies and glued them over top of my card scene.  The pig was popped up with some foam tape and then I stamped the sentiment over top of the sky area.  The center of the flowers have some clear Stickles on them.  I just trimmed my card down to a 4-1/4" square design.  I think it turned out so cute! :)

CHALLENGES FOR PIG CARD ONLY:
1.  MFT Camp Create Day 4 - Divine DRY EMBOSSING
Here's the badge that I've earned for this session:
2.  Just Add Ink - photo inspiration:

3.  Come & Get It - Punches & Dies


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I hope you've enjoyed my creations and I will be seeing you again very soon!!  Hope you're enjoying your weekend!! :)


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


29 comments:

Dot Freel said...

Super cute card! Love it!

Bunny said...

I love the hog heaven card. It's cute. Great little flowers, too. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Sarah said...

These are brilliant. I am a suckered for a rainbow and the little piggy is gorgeous. I treated myself to that stamp set before the pups moved in and have yet to use it!! xx

Carol L said...

I love how the triangle pattern shows through those gorgeous colors on the first card - it definitely has a WOW factor! The piglet on card #2 looks adorable with those blue skies and scalloped framework! Nice job on both!!

Mac Mable said...

Loving the technique of the first card and the glorious colours you've used. What a fun second card and the dry embossing technique really works well. Thank you so much for sharing these fabulous cards x

Donna said...

Great geometric card Vicki, and the pig is adorable!

Lori Kobular said...

Both of your cards are wonderful! I love the rainbow background you created on the first card, especially where the colors sort of bleed into each other! And you pig card is just as cute as can be!

Margreet said...

A great background ons your first card, Vicki...and I love your coloring of that cute pig...super cool card,
xxx Margreet

Jerrie said...

Vicki, your raimbow/triangle card is beautiful! I love your little piggy card...my son's girlfriend loves pigs and this would be a huge hit!

aussie aNNie said...

MORE cards for me to drool over. Love your creativity my friend.xx {aNNie}

Christine Blain said...

Vicki, your pig card is adorable! I love how you interpreted our inspiration pic. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Jane said...

Such a spectacular rainbow of colours, loving how the orange and pink are blending together over the triangles. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Monika Reeck said...

The MFT Triangles looks adorable as your background and love the rainbow you made Vicki and love the big sentiment too
the pig card is so cuuute I love your scene that tiny flower is so so sweett
I love them both my fav one is the pig one
I am sorry just commenting
I now want to drive my mom to bus she will visit my Sister in Cologne
will catch up later after I go home...:)
Hugs
Monika

Céline said...

2 gorgeous card, love your work on the background
hugs
céline

Asha said...

Two super gorge cards. LOVE the vibrant colours of the first and the wee little piggy in the second makes me want to squeal. TOO cute, my friend!
hugs Asha

Andrea, said...

Love those cute pigs, I bought the stamps but haven't used them yet!

Pia S said...

There are two words that seem to make my mojo vanish, those are rainbows and ladybugs. I think these words are closely connected to design struggles in the past so my mind just goes blank when I see a challenge with these themes. I struggled in the past, but I must admit you make it look so simple. Maybe, just maybe, I'll dare to give another try.
The pig card? Irresistibly cute! Love the frame die embossing idea and masking.
The card in your video too looks spectacular, with some really unique design details.

Nonni said...

The way you created the frame is so clever and that pig is sooooo cute! Such a fun card!

Tammy said...

Fabulous cards Vicki! I love the colorful background on your first card and what an adorable pig on the second card, so cute!
Hugs Tammy

Patti said...

Oh Oh Oh! your Remarkable Resist is... remarkable LOL I'm having fun with this : ) Seriously Vicki this is stunning. I just love the rainbow of colors you achieved!

This little piggy went to market and STOLE the SHOW! Fantastic clouds!! perfect piggy coloring and just a GREAT design! To the top of the class with you friend!

Patti

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the watercolours and resist stamping-never done this technique yet-might have to have a go lol love the fun image of the little piggy
Carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

These are both wonderful. I love that little pig.

Patrice said...

This is the cutest little pig I've seen. Too totally cute! I love the scene you've created, and your colouring is gorgeous, Vicki. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

inkeverywhere said...

Oh very sweet little piggy card - I really like how you have coloured inside the frame - it's a lovely way to frame your pic. Beautifully coloured. Chantell JAI

Nikki Spencer said...

This is just super cute Vicki. Lovely colouring and great use of the Just Add Ink challenge. Thanks for sharing with us this week.

Di Barnes said...

Oh that piggy is so sweet & your colouring & layout & details are great too. Super fun card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.
Di :)

LesLee said...

Oh I love the rainbow resist... simply gorgeous

Justine Hovey said...

Pretty card! The background is so bright and cheerful. Thanks for playing along at the AAA Card Challenge! Hugs! Justine

cm said...

Smitten with your rainbow resist; so pretty! And your little piggy is certainly the star of the stage in your second! Adorable!!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...