"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

My Life Would be Boring Without a Flashback Friday!

Hello friends!  Yay!!  We've made it to our first Friday in August!
I think it got it very quickly, don't you?

I haven't made a "Flashback Friday" post in quite some time.  It actually felt pretty good to dig around some of my old and unloved stash to make something!  This is actually also a card I made for the Splitcoasterstampers.com "Dare to Get Dirty" challenges, and I see others posting them, so I think I'm O.K. to do this so as long as I don't reveal anything about the challenge directly.  :)

Here's a card that I thought would be a great one to give someone during the Summer:
LOL!!  Check out that face!!  He doesn't look very impressed with no color or flavoring added to his snow cone head!! :)

I don't know if some of you remember the Alley Way Stamps company.  They were actually around for a couple of years and then the shop sadly closed down at the end of the year last year.  I really enjoyed her images.  Don't know if she'll ever come back to designing more or not, but I think the images are fun and quirky.  There are a couple of stamp sets that I haven't even broke open after using them like this one!  The snow cone image came from a set called "Brain Freeze".  The sentiment is from a set called "Speak Easy" and the face comes from a set called "Face It".  I stamped the background border in gray ink and that is also a stamp from the same company called "Spotted".  I enjoy using many different stamps from other sets.  I thought I would keep them all from the same company as the style of the images work together well.

For the snow cones, I have stamped them twice and fussy cut them out.  For one of the images, I have used some distress inks to sponge over the colors on two of the snow cone heads.  One of them I left plain.  :)  I then took VersaMark ink to cover the snow cone heads and embossed over them with a clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.  While it was still hot, I took some clear glitter embossing powder and heat set that in over top of that.  I cut them out and placed them above the snow cone bodies.  I think it gave it a fun snow cone look!  (I also did that with the tiny drop at the bottom.)  I then popped them up with foam tape over the stamped border.

The plaid papers that I've used on my design are from Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid mini paper pack.  The image panel was mounted onto a gray card stock which was mounted onto the plaid and placed over an A2 sized white top folding card base.  Before mounting the gray and image panels, I used my corner chomper to round the edges.  Then just finished it off with some sequins.

Here's a closer look at the snow cone details:
When I was cutting out the plain snow cone, the UTEE cracked a bit.  I thought well, that's OK because this guy is not happy anyway being flavorless and all!! LOL!

Hope you've enjoyed my Flashback Friday today!  Thanks for dropping in and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Curtain Call - Snow Cone


Retro Rubber Challenge - Color Combo


Craft Rocket Challenge - Glitzy Glitter

Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.  Jo's Scrap Shack is looking for 500 followers on her blog!  Pop on over to follow along and enter for a chance to win an amazing prize!!  Click badge below:

42 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a great design for this sentiment, Jackie! I love the the icies, and the way they really look like snow cones! Your center "vanilla" icie is just perfect for the sentiment. Darling! xo

Linda Simpson said...

A great design Vikki, love the cones and sparkle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

laurie said...

That's so cute Vicki! LOVE that fun sentiment.

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Vicki: I'm thrilled that you found our Retro Rubber challenge!! and that you entered with your fabulous and adorable card. You are right, this little plain snow cone looks like he can use a bit of each of his pals "flavors" and colors.
Love the sentiment, goes together perfectly with that sad looking little cone.
Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber, hope you come back and join us again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Margreet said...

Awww, that poor plain snow cone....great card Vicki....love the face on the cone!
xxx Margreet

jimlynn said...

Super cute and fun card Vicki! Lovin' that face. I miss The Alley way stamps too. Always such cute images. You've inspired me to use mine more often now.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki! I love the little snow cones and all of the beautiful sparkle!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

What fun snowcones, complete with glittery goodness! The face on the middle one is too cute, and I love the summery feel to this fun card!

Chrissy said...

You kinda feel sad the plain ice cream cone..fabulous fun card Vicki and the sentiment is perfect.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Hi there Vicki!! What a lovely card! These little snow cones are so cute but I have to laugh at that one's face!!! Poor little guy hehe.... love the colors! I also want to thank you for posting about my giveaway on your blog and for linking up to our challenge! I am now your newest follower :) Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Lori Kobular said...

Oh those snow cones look really good right now! That sad face really gets me, especially with the nearby teardrop! A really fun card for the summer! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Rocket Challenges!

Donna said...

Fabulous card Vicki, the ice looks so realistic with the Utee and being cracked! Have a wonderful weekend!

Deb said...

Now they look delicious! Another fabulous, creative card from you, love it! Have a lovely weekend, Hugs Debxx

Jane Willis said...

Really fab card, I love those snow cones and how you made them look so realistic with the UTEE and glitter
Jane

Céline said...

so cute ! love the sparkle
hugs
céline

Bad Kitty said...

great card!
love text and icecreams!
hugs

aussie aNNie said...

This is one adorable and pretty creation.Those colours are fabulous as is this design.xx
Enjoy your weekend.xx {aNNie}

Patti said...

This is totally adorable Vicki!

I do remember Alley Way Stamps too thee stamp sets you used to create this little wonder all came together perfect!

Love the glitter on the snow cones!!

Have a great weekend!!

Patti

Pia S said...

Fun and quirky images, the type that would be suitable for cards for teenaged boys and young men too, a tricky group to create for. The ice cream images can go with so many types of themes and sentiments, great sets of stamps to have on hand.

Katy McGloin said...

Such a fun summer card with the snow cones. Perfect treat for a brain freeze, LOL. My fave is the center one who wants to be flavored... such expression. Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week!!

Wendy L said...

Fab card, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket this time, xxx

Stampsnob. said...

This is cute I never saw a sad cone before TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

Dawn Frost said...

Great snow cones they look yummy!

Davi said...

What a fun card Vicki and you made those snowcones look SOOO real, very cool :)

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card love the snow cones and sparkle
Carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this card. Those snowcones look yummy.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card with the icecreams is so fantastic... wonderful idea and great creation.
Wish you a wonderful new week
Hugs Anja

Regina said...

hi, Vicki, the snow cones look adorable! And the sentiment is fun!
wish you a wonderful Sunday and sending big hugs
Regina

Leigh Penner said...

I love the sparkle you added to your fun card! Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

Claire Grantham said...

I love this card Vicki, it totally made me smile. Great use of the theme colours. I too was sad that TAWS closed down. I am busy trying to track down a couple of stamp sets that I never bought and should have LOL. Thanks for playing with us this week at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

MaryH said...

Perfect card for these hot summer days. Love the way you've added the 'icy' on each of the cones, the glitter certainly gave a realistic look to the snow cone topping. Ditto loved the cute face, and the UTEE crazing just added to the texture. It's a delightful card, all round! TF S

Jane Knudsen said...

What an adorable card! I love the sad snow cone - he's my favorite! The colors pop and the sentiment is cute! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome work with these frosty snowcones, Vicki! What better way to stay cool in the summer heat?

Debbie Mageed said...

This card just cooled me off 10 degrees! It looks so inviting and perfect for the color challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Pollard Carole said...

Great design with a fab sentiment love it love and hugs Carole x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card- and the face on the snow cone is fun! I love flashback Friday! Yes, I am seeing DTGD cards on a few blogs! Post away! (I finished all 42 challenges!!!)

Asha said...

Super sweet card, Vicki... one of those little treats would be perfect in the diabolical heat!
x Asha

laurie said...

Your flashback Friday's are FUN! This is such a cute card and I really love that cute font and sentiment!

Donna Idlet said...

Love your sentiment and the cute cone with the face. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

Gingin said...

Love it Vicki!! Those snow cones are so cute!! Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber:)

Monika Reeck said...

I know TAWS
and I bought many stamp from them
the challenge was cool too
and I really want won there but I was only once hehe
and this Ice cream face is so sad
I love the glitter ice you put here
cute ice card but his face is sad
hugs you my friend

cm said...

Tee hee...your snowcones are fabulous! The face on the 'lonely' guy is quirky cute! Love the shimmer!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...