"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Say it With Words and/or Numbers at Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
Happy Thursday!  Hope you are all having a great week so far!
Stopping in today to share with you my creation for the new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The challenge for this week is "Words and/or Numbers".
We are always happy to have your interpretation of the challenges and look forward to seeing your project with this theme! :)

This challenge has come at a great time for me right now because I needed a card for my son's upcoming birthday in a couple of weeks.  So here's what I've made for it:
I thought this theme would be great to have a go at pulling out those alphabet and number stamp sets that don't get used very often and pairing it with an older set from my stash.

This is a simple one layer masculine design.  Because of the black and gray colors, I thought this would be a good one to use for 40th birthdays too! :)  I have taken the Happy Everything stamp set from Whimsy Stamps to stamp the greeting with Slate Grey ink on a Slate Grey A2 sized top folding card base at a slant and then stopped three quarters of the way down.  I also used this same stamp set to stamp the triangles on the black strip with silver ink.

I put a strip of black card stock between the place where I stamped the background and the empty right corner at the bottom.  I used this as a placement to line up the letters for my son's name.  For the rest of the stamping on my card, I have used an older MFT alphabet stamp that was in my stash.  I stamped my son's name in black ink and heat embossed it with clear EP, I did the same for the numbers in the bottom corner.  The sentiment on the black strip was also from this alphabet set and I have white heat embossed that over the black strip.  I used some masking to protect the upper portion of the angle and sprayed some Dylusions Lime ink in the corner.

I lastly added a silver sticker strip over the triangles I stamped on the black strip and then added a black enamel dot to each point of the triangles from each side of the sentiment.

Here's a closer look at the heat embossing:
This was pretty fun to put together and I like how the layout turned out...you never know if something will work out sometimes! LOL!

And of course my family usually expects handmade cards from me...why wouldn't they?! :)

I hope you will join us for the challenge this week!  I think it's a great one to get those alphabet and number sets out to play, plus it's great to be able to personalize your design too!  There is even more inspiration to come and see on the blog...so CLICK HERE to check it out!

Thanks so much for stopping in today friends!  Have a great day!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Shopping Our Stash - "Stand Up & Be Counted" - numbers
2.  Little Red Wagon - Birthday
3.  Stampin' Royalty - Birthdays
4.  Crafty Gals Corner - Emboss It!  (I used heat embossing)

35 comments:

Margreet said...

What a wonderful card for Ryan, Vicki....love your 'tutorial'.
xxx Margreet

Asha said...

Oh my word... or should I say Oh my number! This is super cool card perfect for a young man of 20. Clean, fresh, modern and in style. The repeat background is a fab touch. Hopefully Ryan doesn't read this post before his birthday! :)
x Asha

aussie aNNie said...

AWESOME. I will have to case this card next July for my Grandson, Ryan...who will be 20. Fabulous my friend.xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Perfect masculine card! I love the stamped background and your embossing on your sons name and age look terrific! Lve the color combo too!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I love it!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Vikki, love the background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Patti said...

Oh Vicki this card is over the top great! I love each perfect detail!! Your addition of the EP and that tremendous arrow element just give this card a WOW factor! topped off by the perfect amount of color! A+++++ friend!

Patti

Mac Mable said...

Great masculine card with fabulous colours. The layout is so contemporary and perfect for your son. What a gorgeous personal card and loving the sprayed dop of lime colour x

Lynn McAuley said...

Fresh and "hip"! I love it, Vicki!

Lola said...

Gorgeous yet masculine. Love the little spritz of green.

Mimi said...

Awesome card for a young man! Love your colors and that EP!
Thank you for joining in the stash-shopping fun again at SOS!

Chrissy said...

WOW..Fabulous card Vicki..why don't I think of cards like this for the boys[men] in my life..fabulous technique and really striking..

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card great embossing and love the little pop of colour
Carol x

Carol L said...

Your son's going to love this hand-made card for sure! I like the diagonal effect of the words and the spattering of a little green color was the perfect touch! Well done :)

Donna said...

Great card Vicki! Thanks for joining us for the Birthday challenge at Little Red Wagon this week. Donna (DT)

Céline said...

fab design for a masculine card
hugs
céline

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, what a fabulous masculine card! I love the stamped background and the touch of lime ink, how cool! Your son will love this for sure!
Hugs, Tammy

Diane said...

Super cute masculine card design Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Bad Kitty said...

its great card!
hugs

Donna said...

What a stunning masculine card, so many striking details to draw your eyes in! Have a wonderful weekend Vicki!

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

this is simply awesome - the perfect masculine card! Love that little spritz of lime!

Jerrie said...

Vicki, this card is so wicked awesome! I have never seen so many letters on a card and it is fantastic! Love the name, I have a son named Ryan too. I love your arrow seperater This card just rocks!

NanaConnie said...

Love, love, LOVE the "Happy Birthday" background. What a simple way to make such big wishes for someone. :-D

cm said...

Your son is sooooo going to love this card, as do I! Masculine marvelous in every way!
Hugs~c

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome card- love the embossing- in black- really makes the letters pop! The arrows are so cool- I never know how to use arrows....and love the enamel dots on the arrow tips. I love all of the details pics you used. Great card : ) Is that your youngest- 20???

Pia S said...

A cool contemporary look which feels both youthful and mature at the same time. Great design!

Monika Reeck said...

Great manly card...love the spritz of lime too..nice element Vicki...just came back from.holiday will catch up soon..hugs.Monika

Lena's Creations said...

Beautiful embossing - perfect on this very masculine card. Fun card layout and colour combo.
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena, DT
Lena’s Creations

Kim S said...

This is an awesome birthday card!

Heidi Stamps said...

Great card for anyone! (Just change the details, right?). I love the glossy look of the shiny embossing!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Great card for men. I love good design and impressive color stain splashes. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration for men's cards.
hugs,
BozenA

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant CAS style card Vicki love the embossed name and number also the yellow splatter of colour, excellent make
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki, such a cool and funky design, love these colours togethery they are perfect for a 20 year old! Hope Ryan had a fabulous Birthday! :) Donna ♥ x

laurie said...

Love this look!What a great design Vicki! So sharp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...