"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Shoot for the Stars - I'm Designing for Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!!
I hope you are all doing well and surviving the Summer months!  We have already started August and Fall will be upon us very soon now!  Can you believe it?!

I don't want to keep apologizing every time I make a post, but feel that you need to know I am still around even if it's not very often right now! LOL!  If you are joining in the current week long event with me over at Splitocaststampers during the "Dare to Get Dirty" challenges...then you know where I've been and how busy it is over there.  If you would like to join in the fun along with us, I would love to see you over there playing too! (look up "basement stamper" for my challenge!)  CLICK HERE to learn how to become a fan club member if you are not already.  If you are....boy are we having FUN!!! :)  Click on the "Dare to Get Dirty" link and come on over...if you DARE!!! - This is why I'm not sharing all of the creations I've made on my blog...this is for fan club members and we want it to be special for them.  :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I told you that I have some special news coming and if you've read my post title, then you already see what my news is!  I have joined the design team over at

(Click on the badge to be taken over to their blog and follow along with our challenges!)

I had received an e-mail from a long time blog friend that I had also been on another DT with.  Deb is one of the coordinators for this challenge blog and she was looking for more design members to expand the team.  Of course I happily accepted her offer and look forward to working with all of the creative bunch over there!  I have played along with this challenge blog for years and it has been around for quite some time now, so of course I'm totally honored to be apart of it.Smiley from Millan.Net
I hope you will join along in the challenge with us every Thursday!

The challenge for this week is....
"Outer Space/Stars/Moon/Sun"

Oh how I love a good Summer evening of gazing at the night sky.  It's about the only time that it's cool enough to go outdoors in my area right now!! LOL!
This is really an open theme for many different directions to go with...so I hope you have fun getting creative and joining in the fun with us! 

Here's what I've created for the challenge:
I had so much fun getting inky with this design.  I have just gotten some new distress inks and I wanted to try them out!  There are so many colors that I've used here, so I don't know for sure all of which I used because I kept changing them around to get the look I wanted.  The photo here looks a bit more bright than what it does in person.  In person there's a bit more purplish tone to it.  I love the warm glow coming from the circle.  The tiny stars were splattered on with some Frost White Fantastix ink.  I think it works better than the white watercolor because it's not as transparent.

The MFT Count the Stars stamp set was the first thing that came to my mind for this challenge.  So after creating the blending ink sky as well as inking up the MFT Stitched Circles STAX, I used the sentiment from the set to heat emboss with white EP.  I've also cut out the stars from the MFT Lucky Stars dies with some silver shine paper and glued them in place on my design. 

Before attaching the circle to the center of the card front, I used some craft fun foam to add dimension over the circle and I also added some silver thread to make a nest behind it before attaching to the card front.   The entire card front was attached to an A2 sized black top folding card base.  Lastly, I added some silver sequins and put some silver Nuvo crystal drops in the centers. 

Here's a close-up view of the details:
Here you can see a close look at all of the shimmer, sparkle and shine going on.  I love how this one turned out and I have someone in mind that I would like to give this to for an upcoming celebration that will be happening soon.  :)

Hope you've enjoyed my creation today and please be sure to stop by and join in the challenges with us!  Just tell them I sent you there! :)  Thanks for stopping in and have a fabulous week!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
Crafty Friends - Favorite Embellishment - sequins!
Crafting by Designs - August Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes with optional twist: circles

39 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

whoohooo congrats and won't you be an asset..fabulous design here and looking forward to seeing much much more.xxx

Regina said...

Vicki, congrats on your DT position!
Your card is truly amazing!!
hugs Regina

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous news, so pleased for you and many Congratulations x The colours you've used for the blending on today's card are fabulous and are so eye catching. Perfect sentiment and as always love your attention to detail x

Davi said...

Very cool card Vicki! I love the bold colors and how it has a awesome constellation look :) Off to come see your other creations!

Margreet said...

Congrats on being on your new 'old' team, Vicki! You made them a wonderful stars card!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Congratulations on your Design Team position! That is awesome! I love your starry night sky on your card!

Lynn McAuley said...

Congratulations on your addition to the CCTDT, Vicki! I know your amazing talent will be a valuable asset to them! I love this fabulous pink and purple out-of-this-world design!

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations and a simply fabulous card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pia S said...

Congrats on your new DT role! And what an amazing card this is. True magic created with inks. Wow!
Thanks for all the lovely comments you left on my blog earlier today.

Cindy Beach said...

Hi VIcki,
I'm happy with you on your DT spot, congrats!
Am I remembering correctly that way back when we were on the Stamp Something blog team together?
Just had to stop in and let you know I LOVE your fabulous card! I've not inked up that set yet, but now I feel I must! Your colors are amazing.

Sarah said...

Well done on your new DT post and what a fantastic debut card Vicki. Love the new look to your blog too xx

Deb said...

So thrilled you agreed to join us Vicki! Your card is fabulous, I have always loved your creative backgrounds and am always impressed with your creativity! Hugs Debxx

Chrissy said...

Congratulations on your new DT position Vicki..fabulous news and I just love your striking card..gorgeous colours and love the nest of silver threads behind along with the sequins and stars...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Diane said...

Congratulations on your design team position and wow what pretty colors and design.

Hugs Diane

Bad Kitty said...

Congratulations on your new DT position !
what a wonderful card!
love it!
hugs

Shelly said...

Yay!! Congrats on the DT, Vicki!
Your card is AMAZING!! Love!
And no need to apologize for not being around much...I'm in the same boat as you. ;)
Have a great rest of the week...hugs

Lola said...

Wow, so beautifully put together and the colors are gorgeous. Congrats on your DT - they are lucky to have your talents on board.

jimlynn said...

Congrats on the new DT! Fantastic plus!
Love this card too. It shines so bright and beautiful. Love that color blue!
Lynn

Carol L said...

I am in love with these rich, vibrant colors here, and the stars just add to all of the great dazzle of this card! The shiny stars look amazing but it's the way you sponged on those colors that completely had me at go! Beautiful card!

Asha said...

Super news, my friend! You are an asset to the team. Deb is lucky to have you. Proof is in this fabulous card. Super vibrant and simply out of this world!Love the silver thread detail.
hugs Asha

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Vicki, congrats on your new DT! They are lucky to have you! Gorgeous background , love those silver stars!

Dawn Frost said...

Congratulations on joining the Design Team! Great card, I LOVE the background paper and the silver thread is soooo perfect!

Céline said...

wow amazing work with background
hugs
céline

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so rich and vibrant and gorgeous!

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, your imagination is so colorfully awesome! I love seeing how you use products and images. This is one of my all time favorite "universe-style" cards ever! Colorful, fun, happy, incredibly eye-catching! Love it! congrats on the new DT - boy are they lucky to have you! Like you, I have been unable to be on line as much as I'd like, but that's how it goes, right? Take care! hugs, de

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Once again have connected so beautiful colors! You have a big talent. I am very glad that you are in the DT. It will be a wonderful inspiration :-) Congratulations and I look forward to your cards.
Hugs,
BozenA

laurie said...

Wow those colors are gorgeous...stunning!

Tammy said...

A big congrats on your new DT Vicki, how exciting!! What a beautiful card, I love the colors and your fabulous silver stars!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna said...

Stunning card, like the deep vivid colors and the silver embossing and thread are a perfect accent!

Patti said...

Wowie! congratulations friend!! I will go check out this challenge ASAP! I've never heard of it before but they are lucky to have YOU!!

There is a whole lotta inking going on in this beautiful card! WOWIE I love it! Such beautiful colors you achieved! amazing friend : )

Patti

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your new DT Vicki and love the fabulous card -the inked background is fabulous and love the silver embellishments
Carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats!! I love your terrific card.

NanaConnie said...

Congratulations on the new DT, Vicki! They're lucky to have you on their team. :-D Loving the bright colors on this card and those wonderful silver stars.

Jerrie said...

Wow, these colors just pop off the card! Your card is amazing! I did not recognize your new blog header looks great!

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Congrats on your new DT- wow- this is an amazing first post- LOVE this fab card!

Monika Reeck said...

congrats on being a New DT Member Vicki
I will join for sure
and your star card is adorable love the red pink purple and blue here feel outside of this world
great star in Silver Vicki
hugs
Monika

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, I love the background, the colours are fantastic and blended so well

cm said...

VICKI!! Apologies for being light years behind in commenting; August has been busy. Super congratulations on your new DT role; how fortunate they - and especially we - are to have you on board! Your card: universe awesome! Love the colours...and the stars...simply fabulous!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...