"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Animals/Creatures for Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
Hope that you are having a great week so far!
I'm just swinging by to share my creation with you for the new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
For this week's challenge, we would like to see those Animals/Creatures on your projects!
You're always welcome to interpret the challenges as you see it.  We can't wait to see what you all come up with for it! :)  Be sure to check out the other creations from the DT!

Here's my card using some new Lawn Fawn products:
So I couldn't help myself with the new release that came out, they come out with the most adorable stamps....like these dachshunds from the "Happy Howloween" set!!  I 've also used the leaf pile and rake from the Jump for Joy set.  For the tree, I've used this cool new die from them called Leafy Tree Backdrop:  Portrait.  It comes with some leaves which I've cut a bunch out for the tree.

I was looking to add some texture to my design, so I found some textured whitewash card stock in my stash and used that to die cut the tree and leaves with it.  I used some sand paper to sand over it which brings out the texture of the paper and also the color underneath the white wash.  I thought it would help after I glued the leaves down to bend the edges a little.  I've also taken my distress tool and went around the edges of the frame to add more dimension and texture with it.  (I've also went over the tree with some distress ink and that really helped bring out the texture as well.)  For the ground, I just used a negative piece left over from the die cut and glued it to the bottom.

For behind the frame and tree, I used distress inks to make the blended blue sky.  I also took a sentiment from the Jump for Joy stamp set and embossed it in the background with white embossing powder which also gives it more texture and dimension.

And now for the cute critters:  I colored them with my Copic markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies.  I could help but to think it was fun to add the one doxie in the pile of leaves and as he's popping up, he brings up the top of an acorn that looks like a hat he's wearing! :)  The pile of leaves are popped up with foam tape and I just glued the rest of the elements in place.

Here's a closer view of the design:
I have also added some Wink of Stella over his acorn hat and leaf pile which is really hard to see in the photo and hard to capture for me on camera this day.

It really makes me smile and I have a great place for this card to go! :)

I hope you've enjoyed my card today and I also hope you will join in the challenge with us this week!  CLICK HERE to go see the other creations on the challenge blog!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by friends!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
1.  Lawnscaping Challenge - texture

2.  Everybody Art - Leaves

3.  Little Red Wagon - Pet themed Card

4.  Time Out - Inspired by this phrase:  "Love the tress until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year."

45 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

super cute card!
love it!
hugs
Fiki

Shannon McComb said...

This is the sweetest Vicki!!

Mac Mable said...

How cute is this card? Those puppy stamps are adorable and fun how you made the tree 3D and then underneath all swept up x

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love your cute little scene!

Donna said...

What an adorable scene Vicki, those dogs are so cute, I like how you colored the leaves and have them falling off the tree!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hi Vicki,
I love this card and tag. I really like the way coloring of flowers just in the center. This is a very distinguished by and it causes the flowers on the edge of becoming almost invisible. Great idea.
hugs,
BozenA

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Sweet Autumn card, I love the extra dimensions. Great composition showing autumn fun :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Diane said...

Super cute design Vicki, love the little dachshunds and Fall design.

Hugs Diane

Lori Kobular said...

Such a great Fall card! I love that dog with the acorn top on his head! Just as sweet as can be!!

cm said...

I think those cutie-pie doxies are plotting and scheming just where to launch themselves into that pile of tempting leaves for a tumble-and-play adventure! Such a sweet scene! And the acorn 'hat'...tee hee! Adorable! THANK YOU x a million for all the wonderful comments you leave for me; you sure know how to make my days sparkle! You = a treasure!
Hugs~c

MaryH said...

Very fun card with these adorable LF pups. Have been seeing this LF set in so many places, none cuter than you've used them on this card. Love the combination of the fabulously colored puppies under this dimensional tree, frolicking in the leaves! A happy Fall card indeed. TFS & Hugs

Nonni said...

Such a cute card! The textured card stock adds a lot of interest, great job! Love the dogs. :)

Olga Jewell said...

Beautiful!!

Nonni said...

Forgot to add... Thanks for joining TIME OUT, great to see you playing along!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki! I love the fun fall scene you've created and that Leafy Tree die is awesome!!
Hugs, Tammy

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, these little guys are so ADORABLE! I can see why you are in love with this set! You've really made some sweet cards with it. And I love the leaves on the tree and the great frame. Beautiful background too! Sweetness! Hugs, my friend!

Carol L said...

This is really cute with all the leaves, and especially that cute doxie! I love how you colored everything - especially the dox :)

Jerrie said...

Vicki, I absolutely love your cards. They all seem to make me smile. You do such a great job with your coloring and designing. This looks like a winner to me!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awwww - so cute!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute are these dogs! Fun, fun card

Leigh Penner said...

This is so adorable!

Margreet said...

This is so adorable, Vicki! Love your coloring and the way you glued the whitewashed leaves is brilliant!
Wishing you a happy weekend!
xxx Margreet

NanaConnie said...

Oh, this is just sooo cute, Vicki! Love the way you did the leaves on the tree. :-D

Patti said...

This sure is!! a cute card!! the acorn top on the head of that pup make me laugh out loud!!

Patti

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute card and love the leaves
Carol x

Lola said...

What a cute scene you've created! Love you little pups.

Donna Ellis said...

And boy did you EVER succeed with the textures on this creation, Vicki! That's the first thing that jumped out at me! The textures in those amazing leaves! In addition to that, I cannot believe how tiny they are and that you have placed them so beautifully (perfectly) on your tree! Another beautiful element is that the sky is that gorgeous Autumn color, and your design includes the palest of colors in the leaves - beautiful! hugs, de

Davi said...

Vicki, I love the tree and leaves you made, they are the coolest! A sweet scene my friend :)

Pia S said...

This is as cute as can be. I love that tree framed die and you got the colors so right for a beautiful autumn day. Well designed!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Vicki how adorable and cute this lovely card is, those little doggies are so sweet, you can tell what they would like to do with those leaves, lol, a superb make
hugs
lorraine x

Céline said...

so cute scene
hugs
céline

alexandra s.m. said...

Such an adorable card Vicki!
Your attention to details has always amazed me ;)
Hugs~

laurie said...

I almost bought that same die...love that tree! Such a cute card Vicki!

Babs Watson said...

what an adorable scene you have created with your new stamps, I love the little acorn on the squirrels head so cute..

Hugs Babs x

Shelly said...

Aww...this is adorable, Vicki!

Kate - Small Bits of Paper said...

This is such a darling little scene! The little pups are so sweet and I love the look of the frayed edges too! Wonderful card!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh love how you made the tree and the falling leaves...especially love the subtle texture of the paper you used...simply superb Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Suzanne Bier said...

Those little doxies look like they're having so much fun! I love the scene you created! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, love the sweet images.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is an adorable fall scene- the little pup with the acorn on his head- fun, fun!

Lynn McAuley said...

Cute critters, indeed! What a fabulous card, Vicki!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love these dogs and am still deciding whether to buy this set. I got the Happy Howlidays set, which is fabulous. Looking forward to seeing more of your cards.

Carol Bignall said...

Ahh this card is so so cute.
Carol x

Donna said...

Oh my, this is adorable Vicki! Super cute image and a fabulous frame to border your little scene...perfect! :) Donna ♥ x

Monika Reeck said...

Ooh cute scene lluuuuvv this Vicki
and the way you sponged the blue is fantabulous
looks like the middle side is brighter
I love this effect
and the scene with dog tree and leaves ooh so very cuuute
Love this card
the one who get this is the lucky one Vicki
hugs
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...