"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

CAS coffee for Cute Card Thursday

Hello friends!
Happy National Coffee Day!!!  Pull up a chair and have a sip with me!

I'm back with another coffee card and a new challenge for
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
The challenge for this week is CAS (Clean & Simple)
We hope you will play along and can't wait to see what you come up with!

So as you know, I've joined in the fun over on the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - 2016 Fall edition and I thought it would be fun to incorporate that with the new challenge for Cute Card Thursday!  As I was hopping around on the hop Friday, I saw this lovely FREEBIE from STAMPlorations that I had to snatch up to make a card for National Coffee Day!! :)

I don't know about you, but this image certainly put me in the "Fall mood" with the leaves, pumpkin and coffee to go cups standing in line to drink up!!  Pumpkin Spice flavor, right?!!

I was trying to keep this as CAS as possible so all I did was color in the image with Copic markers.  I used the "dotting technique" to create some shadows and texture over the pumpkin.  I lightly inked the edges with distress ink which is what I did with the leaves on the right bottom corner of the image.  These leaves are cut out from the MFT Falling Leaves die-namics with kraft card stock and inked with distress inks.  I slightly curled the edges for a bit of dimension.  I have lightly inked around the edges of the entire card base too.

The sentiment comes from a STAMPloration set called Joyful from their Oct 2014 release.  It's actually a Christmas set, but I thought it would be perfect to make a sentiment with.  I stamped the sentiment with dark brown ink.

Here's a closer look at the details:
I wanted to photograph this at an angle so that you can see all of the shimmer and sparkle that is on this image after I colored it.  I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to cover the coffee cups and leaves.  I used a white and gold gel pen to help me create the "dots" on the pumpkin.  As a finishing touch, I thought it would be fun to add a twine bow to the coffee cup.

I hope you've enjoyed my Pumpkin Spice flavored design today! :)
Thanks for dropping in and I hope you'll be joining me shortly for another post!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


CHALLENGES:
1.  Fall 2016 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


2.  STAMPlorations - anything goes


3.  Crafty Boots - Autumn is in the air!

4.  Crafting by Designs - Favorite Season - Fall of course! :)

5.  Mod Squad - Falling Leaves

45 comments:

Debra K. said...

Absolutely wonderful CAS card Vicki! Your colouring is brilliant especially of the pumpkin, the dots of white and gold really bring it to life. The leaves and twine ate the perfect finishing touches to your card and I love the Wink of Stella you've added too. Debra x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Vicki, I do love the images and colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

so great card!
love it!
hugs
Fiki

Heidi Stamps said...

This is beautiful! I love the image and the little leaves! Very fun card for coffee day (and I am drinking coffee right now!)

Jerrie said...

Vicki, you did it! What a fantastic card you made out of this image! Great job coloring and the shimmer really shows! The twine and leaves just finish the card by adding extra fall touches!

MariLynn said...

Awesome job coloring the image. I love how the pumpkin and cups sparkle. I love how you tied a bow around the one cup. Great card.

Shelly said...

Vicki, this is beautiful!! Love the shimmer!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this awesome card, Vicki! Absolutely perfect for pumpkin spice weather!!

NanaConnie said...

Perfect card for today, Vicki! Love your coloring. Will have to go and grab this freebie. :-D

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Love the coloring and design here. Fantastic card!
Lynn

Andrea W said...

Lovely colors and I really like the touch of twine on the front cup.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. Lovely composition and great colours, it really does have a worm and cozy feel. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Autumn Challenge.

Dionne

Teri Wilde said...

Lovely colors and I like the added touch of twine.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Awesome coloring of the image. Very pretty

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous CAS card and amazing colouring!

Chrissy said...

FABULOUS Vicki..love your colouring and the image is spot on..love the added leaves and twine on the cup too.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, this card does it for me! From those colorful coffee cups to that great big orange pumpkin - this card adds the perfect touch of shimmer for autumn! Happy national coffee day :)

Judy1223 said...

Oh, wow! I love this card! I love what you did with the STAMPlorations free digital image...so beautiful, perfect fall card! I'm your newest follower...thanks for the inspiration!

Ann said...

Lovely card, love the dots you added to the pumpkin and touch of sparkle and the leaves peeking out.

AJ Bodine said...

I love all your dots and sparkle, this is one of my very favorite cards of the hop!

Pink Unicorn said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the sparkles are the perfect final touch!

Ceal said...

so pretty!

Marsha said...

Beautiful. Love the idea of the twine on the cup. Going to CASE this one.

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful card!!!!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

I love the soft shading of the base card. This has the effect of warming the card. I really like how you painted these wonderful images and how he composed the card. I love this card.
hugs,
BozenA

Macimbalo said...

Love your card - it's really so pretty. The sentiment with the word "warm" is so perfect for the lovely warm colors you used. Beautiful layout too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Donna said...

This is stunning Vicki, like the masking you did and the 3 cups of coffee, I limit myself to 2 in the morning but wish for 3 some mornings!!

Lori Kobular said...

What a stunning fall coffee card! I love the pumpkins and leaves and the way you colored them!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a yummy card - craving a pumpkin Latte now.....

Karen B. said...

The extra texture you've added to the pumpkin is spectacular!

Lisa said...

So pretty! Love the sparkle! Beautiful coloring!

Elizabeth said...

Love the way you colored the image, it is simply stunning!

Stacy Sheldon said...

I love all the textures on this Vicki :)

Tonya said...

Wonderful card!

~amy~ said...

This is so pretty. Love your coloring and the shimmer!

Helen F. said...

Lovely artwork here!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful coloring and I love how you accented the pumpkins with the dots.

Donna Ellis said...

Cute? Yes. Beautiful? OH YES! Fantastic card, Vicki! Loving the textures and colors in your pumpkin - such a great image! I like everything about your card with the soft leaves, interesting text background, and fun colors of cups! Great design, my friend! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

Great image and beautifully coloured. Loving the bling! x

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear
Super COLORING
SUPER B
I adore the dots on the Pumpkin there
the colors of the CUP is really fall
and I love the way (always) you sponging the edge
(I remember it and will apply on my card deaar Vicki)
I love whole concept on this ADORBALE card
lucky lady/man who get this card
hugs
Monika

Pia S said...

Love the image and your dotting technique to color the pumpkin. So sweet with the little bow and the small leaves attached under the panel with image, nice detailing!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this!

crafty-stamper said...

Great Autumn inspired card love the rich colours and sparkle and can I just ask can you really get Pumpkin spiced coffee?
Carol x

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!
Happy belated birthday wishes!!
Hugs~

Dawn Frost said...

Awesome card, I love the multiple cups of coffee, lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...