Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

It's Party Time at Cute Card Thursday!

Don't Forget about my Birthday Blog Candy!  There is still time left to enter!
CLICK HERE to enter!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends!  Yes, I'm still here and haven't fallen off the face of the earth just yet anyway!
I think after I did my last month's DT projects for the Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen, my MOJO took a hard left turn and went on vacation!  I seem to be having a hard time re-joining blog life again! LOL!  So I will continue on and hopefully get back to being creative here!  :)

But today I'm swinging by to share with you a new challenge up over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
We would like to see your "Party Time" creations this week!
(As always feel free to interpret the challenge as you see it.)  We can't wait to see what you all come up with!  Be sure to check out the rest of the inspiration on the blog as well!

Here's what I've come up with for the challenge:
Tee hee!  Isn't he just too cute?!  Do you remember this blast from the past stamp set by Paper Smooches during the STAMPtember event in 2014?  I fell in love with it and just had to grab it!  So in honor of  STAMPtember, I've brought out an older addition to play with for this "party time" theme going on! :)

I used a sketch and a color combo challenge to incorporate into my design here, so I was trying to stick to them in coming up with my card.  I've taken the dots from the stamp set and heat embossed them with clear EP over the larger white panel and then blended some yellow ink over it for the background with the party pup.  I popped up the pup that I've colored in with Copics with foam tape and did the same for the balloons that I've stamped and fussy cut.  I used some white twine to place some strings behind the balloons and pup to make it look like he's holding them down.  I added some yellow color to his red party hat and some glitter.  I also took a white gel pen to add dots to it.  The pup does not have dots on him, but I stamped some on him with an image from the set.

The smaller white panel was stamped on with the sentiment as well as the red confetti from the set.  It also came with the banner image that I've stamped in both red and yellow, fussy cut out and attached to the top of the white small panel.  I took some more of the white twine and added some bows with it to each end of the banners.  I finished it off by adding some faux stitch marks with a black marker.

I had some dotted papers in my stash from the SU! In the Wild DSP stack and attached the panels to that which I then placed over an A2 size black card base.

Here's a closer look at the party pup and embossed dots:
At first I thought this might look a bit busy, but then realized that it was supposed to be a fun party with confetti, balloons, banners and such...so I think it turned out pretty cute despite all of the dots! :)  I also thought that this would make a really great masculine style card which I will be needing a few for the upcoming couple of months with 4 masculine birthdays coming up in my family! :)

I hope you like it too and I hope you will stop by and join in the Cute Card Thursday challenge with us this week!!  Come on over and get your party on!! :)

Thanks so much for dropping in!  I'll see you soon!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges:
1.  Just Us Girls (JUGS361) - Color Combo

2.  Mojo Monday (MOJO466) - sketch

3.  Addicted to Stamps & More - Mark Your Mark

4.  Crafty Gals Corner - Critters

5.  Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday - Anything Goes

6.  Paper Smooches September Challenge - Anything Goes

41 comments:

Babs Watson said...

Oh i'am loving this party card, with your gorgeously cute puppy, great design too


Hugs Babs x

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki, I absolutely love these colours together, the red and yellow really pop against the black polka dots. IKWYM about blogging, I've really lost all enthusiasm for crafting and blogging right now, having a little break every now and then can only be a good thing though. Take care my friend! :) Donna ♥ x

Bad Kitty said...

love your super adorable card!
so colorful and fun!
hugs
Fiki

Heidi Stamps said...

You have made a fun and cute card and great job combining so many challenges together! That is always fun and satisfying (I think) when you can do that! The puppy is so cute and i love the bright colors for this card!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vikki, I do love the sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

MaryH said...

Bright, cheery, fun with such an adorable little pup! Love that 'ring eye', reminds me of the dog in The Little Rascals. Lots of dimension and texture with the twine on the balloons, and love all the white dots. Like the way you've done the banners for the sketch plan too. Delightful card. TFS & Hugs

Crafting Andy said...

Oooh I love this. Love those colours together. Colours which I never use. Haha. Hugz Andrea.x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh that is just too cute!!! LOVE it!

jimlynn said...

Vicki, this makes me smile all over! How cute can something be anyway. Love the little puppy of course, but your card is just outstanding and darling. Lovin' those wonderful spots!
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous party card Vicki love the stamp set and bright colours-mojo looks fine to me
Carol x

Chrissy said...

So adorable Vicki and I love the bright happy colours and dimension..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna said...

This is just as adorable as can be! So many bright and cheery elements including the papers!

Margreet said...

Awesome card Vicki! Love the fun dog and your bright colors!
xxx Margreet

laurie said...

He does look like he wants to party! What a cute image and card Vicki!

Nancy said...

Such an adorable card! Love those polka dotted balloons and that cute little puppy with his little happy face! Thanks for being with us at Just Us Girls...I really appreciate it!

Patti said...

Too cute! is an understatement : ) What an adorable party-on-a-card you've created!! I love it!!

So glad you took a break! we all need a break from time to time. Obviously you've already found your mojo!!

You'll be back in full swing when you are ready. Until then enjoy your life! : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki! This is so very adorable, and I am smiling and just can't stop! He's such a cutie, and I love the color combination you've used! And the dots - wow, they are fabulous! Beautifully done, and what a great sketch card too! I love it! Hehe! Hugs, sweet friend!

Jennifer said...

Such a happy pup you have there! :) Love all the busyness you combined, looks fun.
Enjoy all the moments of your days... creative inspiration may come in unexpected ways.

Tammy said...

Awww this is sooo cute Vicki, I love that sweet little pup and all of the dots!! Gorgeous layout and colors too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Darnell J Knauss said...

Good to see you, Vicki, and good to see Mr. Mojo came back in full force today! Yes, indeed, your birthday pooch is too cute and a festive celebration card like this can never be too busy!! Hugs, Darnell

Kate said...

He sure is cute, so much to love and admire on this card. TFS!!!

Diane said...

Stunning card Vicki, I really love the card stock colors and super cute little dog.

Hugs diane

Stampingcountry said...

Aah, such a festive card!

Judy Woodland said...

When I looked at this little dog I just started to smile. He's so stinkin' CUTE!!! All the polka dots go so well together, from the yellow background to the balloons. Wonderful layout, I love everything about this card. Well done!!!!

NanaConnie said...

This is so precious, Vicki! I love that little pooch and your design is appropriately "busy." Great take on that sketch.

Sarah said...

This is the epitome of "PARTY"!! The red and yellow looks incredible together... must try that!! xx

Monika Reeck said...

tooo cuute that Dog
Love it
and love the Ballons too
adorable red black white and yellow combo
sweet added of the Hat
cute cute card my friend
and nice banner too

Patti J said...

Who wouldn't love finding this in their mailbox!??! What a cute, cute card! Thanks for the fun, happy inspiration, my friend!

mg bio said...

What an adorable card! Thank you for participating in Jo's Fun Friday Challenge.
:) Michelle
http://www.MajesticMemories.biz/wp

Bożena Adamusińska said...

It is a fun and joy. Great card, a great combination of colors and I love all the dots on this card. Revelation.
hugs,
BozenA

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Vicki, how could the recipient of this delightful card NOT be OH-SO-HAPPY! I laughed out loud seeing the "Happy Up" all over this delightful creation - happy puppy, happy balloons, happy background papers, confetti galore, flags, banners, lights! Your stitching and pink cheeks are darling touches. I LOVE YOUR CARD! lol thanks for bringing joy to the rest of us! hugs, de

Tanja said...

great take on the challenges - love the cute little dog and the vibrant colors - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More - Hugs, Tanja

Céline said...

too too cute
hugs
céline

Pia S said...

This looks fun and is full of party feel, your mojo must have returned, at least while making this card. Cool!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. I love the adorable doggie.

Creative world said...

You did awesome job with the design and color combination.The image is so sweet... Thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week
Hugs Zeljka DT

Lynn McAuley said...

What puppy cuteness on this fabulous birthday design!! I love the bright colors and this precious pup in his cone hat!

Lori Kobular said...

Love this sweet and adorable card! That dog is so dog gone cute!

Rae Ann said...

Love all of the cheerful colors and spots and dots! They match the pup perfectly! The banners and balloons are great finishing touches.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Critters challenge.

Kim said...

Love everything about this card! It's such a fun card.

Dawn Frost said...

What a cute puppy love the colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...