"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Some Late Coloring Projects...

**If you haven't entered my early birthday blog candy - CLICK HERE**

Hello friends!
Hope this week finds you all doing well!  I think that the Labor Day Holiday weekend messed up my days because I thought it was the 6th today, but have discovered that it is in fact the 7th! LOL!!  So as I realize what the date actually is, I have missed a deadline for a challenge I wanted to enter...but I had fun with it anyway and wanted to share it with you all:
So over on the STAMPlorations Blog, there is a fun "Coloring Book" challenge that was going on and even included a special coloring book sampler page that was offered for free.  I thought it was very cool looking and wanted to play along with the fun, but of course I missed the deadline to enter my project.  sigh....But a special thank you to Shery for the page!

The actual printed out coloring page is shown in the above photo, well, what's left of it from the projects that I've made with it anyway.  I took the printed coloring page and decided to use different coloring methods to make my projects, the first one I made is this CAS card:
For this card, I cut out a portion of the coloring page with a cluster of three flowers together along with part of the background.  The background was actually my favorite part about the page as I think it looks Vintage.  I took my distress inks to distress some inks along the edges of the cut out panel and then layered it onto a black piece of card stock.

I used some Prima watercolor pencils and an aquapainter to color in my flowers and shade around them.  I don't hardly use them to color with and I really like the vibrant colors of the pencils.

I popped up the square panel over a top folding A2 white card base and then I took a sentiment from another STAMPlorations set that I've had, but I can't find it in the store at the moment, and stamped it with black ink underneath.  I took a corner chomper to round the bottom corners of the card.

Here's a closer look at the coloring details:
I also forgot to mention that I have used some Spectrum Noir Glitter pens to color in the center of the flowers as well.  I love the pretty sparkle it adds.

There are several challenges that I'd like to enter this pink Flower CAS card in:
1.  STAMPlorations CAS challenge - (Sept) Anything Goes CAS with optional twist: PINK

2.  STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch - (Sept) I used the sketch

3.  STAMPlorations Anything Goes Never-ending Challenge:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's the tag that I made with another portion of the coloring page:
So after cutting into the coloring page, I had another small portion left over from the previous square that I cut from it for my card.  I left dark black edge on the one side and used my Copic markers to color in the flowers on this one.

I used my Lawn Fawn tag die to cut a tag from white card stock.  I also cut an additional one with the polka dotted paper for the layer behind.  Since my coloring page portion didn't cover the entire tag, I took an additional strip of polka dotted paper to add to the side of it.  For the bottom portion of the tag, I added some gold washi tape and die cut a sentiment in black card stock and glued it just above the washi tape strip.  I also cut a circle tag enforcer for the top of my tag and then added some ribbon and gold thread to it. I think it turned out really pretty.

Here's some challenges that I'd like to enter this tag for:

1.  Tag, You're It! - CASE a tag:

2.  Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes

3.  Come & Get It - Flowers

I hope you've enjoyed my coloring page projects today!
I will be back shortly with another new creation!  Thanks for stopping in!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


46 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Shame you missed the deadline with these beauties x However it looks like you've managed to enter some-more which is great. What a pretty CAS card and lovely colouring on your card. The tag is fabulous, with great colours and creative layout...love it! x

Carol L said...

The card and tag are both beautifully colored and meticulously detailed! Gorgeous work on both, and too bad you lost track of time to enter them into the challenge!

Jerrie said...

Vicki, I was wondering how you snuck this by me but you posted it today! I love your pink vingage card. Your blue tag is beautiful..both are colored amazingly!

Shery @ STAMPlorations said...

It was a weird weekend...I felt like Monday was Sunday :o) I'm glad you still went ahead and created a card and tag from the Color Blooms sampler, Vicki! I just love how you colored the dogwood and spotlighted the pink. Awesome CAS card, that one! As for the tag -- great way to use leftovers! Love the black and gold against the soft blue!

Chrissy said...

Wow..beautiful card Vicki and I love the sentiment..love your tag with the left overs, not that you could tell..fabulous as always.

luv CHRISSYxx

Heather said...

These are beautiful! Love that coloring page (had seen it on another entrant's blog) and I really love what you did with it. The tag is so pretty; love the blue with the black and white. Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Dr Sonia S V said...

All 3 look sooo pretty...love your coloring Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lynn McAuley said...

Gorgeous dogwoods, Vicki!

Aileen Ryan said...

I grabbed that page and never got around to useing . I love the card and tag, beautiful colours. Must try it

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty creations!
love them all!
hugs
Fiki

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous work of art here Vicki and love the great colours.. I won't be around till end of Sept so will catch up with you then. xx {aNNie}

Amanda said...

Love the card and the tag. The saying on the card is perfect. Great Job.Thanks for joining us over at Jo's Scrap Shack for Funday Friday

Amanda DT

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love what you've done with this colouring page! Card and tag are both gorgeous!

Donna said...

Your card and tag are just gorgeous Vicki!!

Lori Kobular said...

Love that Coloring Page! I think I am going to have to get that coloring book! Your card and tag are just beautiful! I love the way you colored them. The sparkles in the center of the flowers looks awesome!

Dawn Frost said...

I love the sentiment and gorgeous page! Too bad you missed the deadline, life happens, lol! The tag is lovely too that hello die is gorgeous!

cm said...

Absolutely lovely creations with the colouring page, Vicki! The CAS card, sporting the pretty pink blooms, is stunning. The tag: WOW! The blue blooms and polka-dots complement one another marvelous! Pretty plus! Thrilled you shared this gem over at Tag, You're It!
Hugs~c

Margreet said...

Wow, what a lovely creations Vicki! Great coloring too!
xxx Margreet

Nonni said...

Great projects! I especially love the tag, great color choices and the layered look is wonderful! Fab job!

Céline said...

so stunning ! love it
hugs
céline

Tammy said...

All of these are gorgeous Vicki! I love that coloring page and how different each project looks, so beautiful!!
Hugs, Tammy

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Stunning, how you used the coloring book! I am especially taken by your tag - gorgeous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE what you did with the tag! Your flower coloring is awesome!

Patti said...

Oh shucks! you missed the deadline because these are so amazing! I love them both!! your card design is outstanding but I especially LOVE your spectacular coloring and design!! on your tag! wowie really!! wowie!! : )

Patti

Pia S said...

I haven't tried any coloring pages just, but I think it's just a matter of time before I do, they pop up everywhere in blogland and there are so many possibilities on how to use them. Your card is classy with a vi take touch, as is your beautiful case tag.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous CAS card and great tag love the colouring page and the delicate colour on the tag
Carol x

Lola said...

Wow, both are gorgeous. Love the vintage feel to the card, and of course, those polka dots are so eye catching. Beautiful coloring as usual.

Jasmina said...

Your tag and a card are gorgeous. Love the CAS design and the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It.

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE the ways you have used this digital, Vicki! GORGEOUS. I had tried last week to enjoy it while it was free, but had missed out. At least I know where it is for the future! Lovely designs, Vicki - they melt my heart! hugs, de

Davi said...

The card and tag are beautiful Vicki! I love the colors. You are so darned creative :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous Vicki the flowers and that sentiment are perfection
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

Love your take on Melissa's tag.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Tag You're It :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! Your paper projects are so gorgeous Vicki!
You can really do it all!!
xx

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card and tag are beautiful. I love the pretty blue you used on the tag.

Kara Lynne said...

What wonderful ways to use that great coloring page! Your tag is beautiful! I love the color, and the polka dots are a great companion to the flowers. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

laurie said...

Awesome projects! Sounds like you had some fun coloring... I really love that tag...so pretty!

Shelly said...

Oooh, these are beautiful!

Anja Curvers said...

WoW these are great awesome coloring and great colors. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It.

Toni said...

Simply gorgeous!

Marybeth said...

Wow this is one stunning tag Vicki!!!! Thanks for joining us at,Tag You’re It !

maria f. said...

Love what you've done with those Color Blooms. That pink is yummy and the sparkle is a great addition for that extra something.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cas always, I love the distressing with the pink flowers

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are gorgeous! Love your coloring!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I aodre that flower in pink Vicki
the sparkle in the middle is perfect added
I love how you colored the backround with grey and brown woow stunning coloring style the tag also oh I adore it I will borrow the idea to have some DP on the TAG Vicki
this is really stunning TAG
love this post
hugs
Monika

Suchi said...

Gorgeous creations there! Love how you have used STAMPlorations coloring book! :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
Suchi- DT xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...