"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Anything Goes at Cute Card Thursday!

Hello friends!
Hope you are all having a great week so far!
(I had a wonderful surprise weekend and I'll share a little later with that, but for now...)
I'm a little late in posting my creation here for the new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
It's a nice easy peasy theme of anything goes!
So just make whatever your heart desires with paper-crafting and share it with us!

With the weather changing over my way into the Fall season, I was inspired to make this:
I have used only one single leaf image to create the background which is also the same leaf image that is gold embossed on my design here.  It comes from a very old Stampin' Up! set that I had in my stash.  The set is dated from 2004 called "Natural Beauty".  The sentiment comes from last year's STAMPtember collaboration with My Favorite Things.

The background was created with the "Ghosting Technique".  This is not really a new to me technique, but I haven't done it in years.  I saw it on a challenge and thought it would be fun to play along with it. (See challenges below for details about the technique.)  I also used some water over the background and then sprinkled some gold embossing powder over it to heat set that in as well.  I used part of my ink blended background that was left over and heat embossed the same leaf image with gold embossing powder over it and fussy cut it out.  I also heat embossed the sentiment with gold EP over a strip of vellum.

I used my Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Stackables to cut out my background and then attached the vellum strip to as well as the leaf image and then used some foam tape to pop up this background panel over an A2 sized Soft Suede card stock base.  I finished it off with some clear sparkling sequins and added some clear Stickles to the centers.

Here's a closer look at the gold embossing:
Here you can also see a better look at the "Ghosting Technique" in addition to the extra splatters of water that I've added to the background.  I ended up drying that and then sprinkled it with more water droplets and added the gold embossing powder to that.

It was pretty simple, but I just love the effect and how it all came together!

Fall is my favorite time of year with all of the pretty colors.  We currently have an event in my area going on that happens every year called the Knox County Scenic Drive, so I hope to get out this weekend and enjoy the Fall while it's still here! :)

Now be sure to stop by the Cute Card Thursday challenge blog to see more inspiration!
Hope you've enjoyed my Fall creation and thanks for dropping in!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  CAS Mix Up Card Challenge - I used fussy cutting and splattering for my choice
(click on blog link for videos on the "Ghosting Technique"!)

2.  CAS Watercolor - Autumn

3.  Just Us Girls - Word Week:  Leaves

4.  Happy Little Stampers CAS - embossing on Vellum


5.  CAS on Sunday - heat embossing

6.  Tuesday Throwdown (TT314) - leaves

48 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your background is out of this world gorgeous. It screams Fall with those stunning colors. I've never heard of this technique, but you can be sure that I am going to check it out. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Heidi Stamps said...

The ghosting is very pretty! It is subtle, but lovely. I am loving the great fall colors!

Diane said...

Saw your card on the new watercolor challenge and just had to pop by and tell you very pretty it is!!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. LOVE the beautiful and vibrant autumn colours. The ghosting of your leaf looks awesome paired with the heat embossed leaf. Love the splattering too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour.

Babs Watson said...

Such a beautiful background love the warm colours you have created of this beautiful card.

Hugs Babs :))

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous colors, Vicki! A crisp fall day captured in one beautiful card!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous FAll colors Vicki. I love how you added your ghosting leaves and splatters. Your heat embossed sentiment on vellum and heat eb leaf are gorgeous too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Chrissy said...

Stunning colours and background Vicki..I love the golf leaf and sentiment and sequins to finish..so elegant..

luv CHRISSYxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the background and wonderful colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pia S said...

I just learnt about the ghosting technique, now that I too have gotten into inking backgrounds it's a must try thing for me. It's impressive to see what one can make with one single stamp, your post is inspirational and your card us an autumn beauty!

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

love your card!
its so colorful!
very pretty!
hugs

Bożena Adamusińska said...

OMG! Vicki, this card is simply stunning! I love the colors and gold - so beautifully enhance. I love watercolor background with silhouettes of leaves so beautifully odbarwionymi water. This is a unique card.
hugs,
BozenA

Becca Cruger said...

Oh Vicki, this is vibrant and gorgeous! Fabulous sponging and love the ghosting with it!

Carol L said...

I love the rich, vibrant color you achieved on this gorgeous background, and the splatters of embossed gold are just gorgeous! I have yet to try embossing on vellum, and I love how it looks on your card. Very pretty and so perfect for this time of the year.

Aileen Ryan said...

Wow Vicki how stunning is this card. First my favourite colours then the faint stamping and the gold embossed leaf, just enough. Love it. Finished off perfectly with the vellum strip.

Lynn McAuley said...

Such gorgeousness can only be found in autumn! Stunning work, Vicki!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Autumn colors and ghosting, Vicki! Love the gold embossing on the background and leaf! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up!

Lori Kobular said...

This is such a gorgeous Fall card! The colors are beautiful!!

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! I love creating for fall - my favorite time! Thanks for sharing :)

NanaConnie said...

Vicki, that such a stunning background for showcasing the Sentiment and hte gold leaf! WOW!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, that colour is just so beautiful and vibrant! Love the gold embossed details and stitching. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Just amazing and the colours are so spectacular...love your clever creation.xxx {aNNie}

Debra K. said...

Fantastic blending of colours on your background and the 'ghost' leaves look wonderful. The addition of the embossed leaf and vellum sentiment just add to this perfect Autumn card. Debra x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That background is stunning with the beautiful blending of colors and the soft ghost leaves! Love the splatters in gold with the gold embossed leaf and gold sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Asha said...

WOW! I am totally in love with this card. It is so up my alley - the colours, embossing and sweet sequin details.... uh...just so beautiful! One of my absolute favourites by you.
hugs, Asha

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful Autumnal card Vicki that background is awesome so is the gold embossing and sentiment on the vellum, must try that, a truly wonderful creation
hugs
lorraine x

Céline said...

oh wow amazing
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

wow stunning card Vicki-fabulous background and vibrant Autumn colours and brilliant ghosting technique and embossing
carol x

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki this is gorgeous!! I absolutely love the colorful background and the gold embossing, so beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your autumn card is amazing and wonderful.

XOXO Anja

laurie said...

Love the gold embossing on that gorgeous fall colored background...beautiful!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful! Your amazingly colored background is even more gorgeous with those water stamped leaves, Vicki! It's a wonderful autumnal nature scene! Almost like Mother Nature dancing around this leaf! Hugs, de

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is beautiful. Great colouring and design.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Vicki!!

Zw@@n said...

Oh my this is so gorgeous, Vicki. I love the vibrant coloured background. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday.

Team Clark said...

This is such a stunner Vicki! Love your beautiful design/colors. Hugs, Autumn

Monika Reeck said...

lovr much your ghost technique so perfect in thus color and sooo in love with the gold splatter...Stunning card my friend special great attention on that gold sentiment..I ADORE This

cm said...

Completely in love with your gorgeous background; a perfect autumn palette, especially with the gold accents. WOW in every way!
Hugs~c

Jerrie said...

Vicki, this card is full of autumn goodness! I love the rich colors in the background and the gold is wonderful...you can even see the leaf veins! Love how you have added the brown splatters!

Jacqueline Valade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqueline Valade said...

Your card is so pretty Vicki. You've inspired me to revisit older techniques. Hugs!

Neets B said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous. I love the bold gold sentiment and it looks so rich with those lovely vibrant colours.
Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

Andrea, said...

Fantastic background Vicki the colours are so vibrant

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE that background! I haven't sponged for so long, you've inspired me, thanks!

Nonni said...

Wonderful! I love this technique and your colors are so vivid and pretty.

Judy McMullen said...

Simply Gorgeous! This really speaks of the season. Love it!!

Chrissie said...

I love these fabulously warm colours and your embossing is immaculate Vicki!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Happy Little Stampers CAS Team

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...