"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Falliday Fest Kick Off - Punch Board Pumpkin tutorial

Hello friends!
I'm just popping in here today to share with you that the
Splitcoaststampers "Falliday Fest" has officially begun today!  Woot!
Click on the photo for information and to participate!
CLICK HERE to be taken straight to the challenge forum!  GO HAVE FUN!
This event is open to ALL crafters - no fan club membership is needed!  There are prizes, recipes, gift giving tips, challenges and tutorials for the next two weeks!!  So be sure to come check it out! - You can even sign up for e-mail updates for the tutorials!
Find out how YOU can become a "Challenge Yeti"!! - CLICK HERE

Today starts the beginning for the Falliday Fest tutorials and I have made a sample to be included in the gallery for this cute little project for Falliday Fest tutorial #1 :
I never thought to create a box design and make a pumpkin with it!  I think this was such a cute idea and so fun to decorate for the Fall season!
(If you would like to learn how to make one for yourself - CLICK HERE)
If you do make one of these, I hope you will load it up to splitcoaststampers and share it with us!

I've changed up my version by making it a Jack-o-lantern style by adding the pumpkin face and spider to the front panel.  The pumpkin face comes from an older Stampin' Up! set that I had in my stash.  The spider is actually a rub-on that I added to it.  I took the orange panels and stamped them with the MFT Transparent Triangles Background stamp.  I rounded the corners with my corner chomper and then used a black pen to add some stitching details around each panel as well.

Because of the name of the tutorial, I'm sure you've guessed that I've used the SU! Punch Board to make my box.  I made it with some Crumb Cake card stock and then sponged around the edges.  I also used the same card stock to make the curly vines by wrapping it around a paint brush.  For the stem I used burlap ribbon and followed the tutorial on putting it together.

For the leaves, I didn't have the same as the tutorial showed, so I used my MFT Falling Leaves Die-namics and cut them out in Crumb Cake and Garden Green card stock.  I sponged around the edges of them all with different colors of distress inks.  I just glued them on top of the box in layers and curled them up slightly for dimension.  I also covered the top of the leaves with a Wink of Stella glitter pen.  They look so shimmery and pretty which you can see at the top.

Hope you like my Punch Board Pumpkin project today and I hope you will stop by and check out some of the fun going on during Falliday Fest too!  (I will have more projects to share as it goes, so stay tuned in for that!) :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy what's left of your weekend!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES;
1.  Get Creative Challenges - Must include Stitching (faux or real)

2.  Crafting by Designs - October anything goes

3.  Double D - Pumpkin Time


4.  Stampin' Royalty - Anything Goes

5.  Crafty Gals Corner - Die Cuts/Punches

31 comments:

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

love this!
ist super sweet!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Vicki, such a great design and I especially like the colours on the leaves.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments.
hugs Sue xx

Chrissy said...

Wonderful Vicki..and so darn CUTE!!

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Vicki, wowzer, loving this cute creation. I will also say a big thank you
for a beautiful project, gorgeous colours and big smile used. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D
Challenge! Do hope we see you next challenge with your fabulous talent .xx
 Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

LeAnne said...

OH MY GOSH!!! This is so stinkin' cute! I need to hop over to SCS...I haven't visited there in a while...and see your tutorial! I just love this! SO clever!

Donna said...

This is just charming! I saw the tutorial and I am looking forward to making one.

Carol L said...

This little pumpkin box is FUN!! I love those layered leaves on the top, and especially the little burlap "stem." It looks like it was fun to put togehter and thanks for sharing the tutorial too!

Heidi Stamps said...

I just love it! The curly stem and other curly cues are just darling with the other images and papers! Great project!

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous project and perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at Double D!!

Darlene said...

Oh Vic you are always SO CREATIVE! I love this pumpkin! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘PUMPKINS’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a cute little pumpkin to add a little Halloween fun to any tabletop! Great project, Vicki!

Diane said...

LOVE this, how fun and how very creative, the perfect fall decoration! Thank you for joining us at Double D!
Diane DD DT

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Vicki this is fabulous, ideal for giving treats on Halloween.
Hugs
Linda xxx

laurie said...

What a fun project! Yours is SO cute. I checked out the links...sounds like a fun 2 weeks.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, that is seriously the cutest box! That little face on the orange totally turns this into a pumpkin. Love the leaves, stem, and curls on top. I can't get over how adorable this is! Thanks so much for sharing this in our Pumpkin Time Challenge at Double D!

NanaConnie said...

What a fantastic way to make a pumpkin, Vicki! Love the dp you chose for the pumpkin and the Jack-o-Lantern face you added. Much as I hate spiders, I can even appreciate that one as a design element. :-D I may have to CASE this one.

MaryH said...

Vicki, this is just such a colorful and awesome box to decorate your home for the fall festivities. I don't 'do' boxes, but I can appreciate the planning & intricate detail that went into this splendid one. Love the stitching on the side panel with the punkin face and the wonderful look you've created with the leaves at the top. You'll enjoy it wherever you decide to place it in your home! TFS & Hugs

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hello Vicki,
Your box imitating the pumpkin is more fun. I love his look and Any ornamentation. Great autumn decoration and a very nice gift for a friend.
hugs,
BozenA

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous pumpkin box Vickiand love the burlap stem and Autumn leaves
Carol x

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love the cute pumpkin face and all of the gorgeous leaves! Fabulous fall creation my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, how fun!

Kim said...

This is adorable!

Pia S said...

What a super adorable Halloween box! Love how you decorated the top with the leaves and the curly paper strips!

Monika Reeck said...

oh dear Vicki you are so so creative wish I knew this last 5 years as my boy in Kindergarden... this is so cute Jack O Latrrn ever...love this soo much the leaves is Stunning!!

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN & FABULOUS fall project!!!
LOVE your cute pumpkin, such a creative design with the leaves, vines & stem!!!
THANK YOU for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

cm said...

Oh my stars! Your pumpkin box has me mega-watt smiling all over my face! I don't have a gift punch board (only an envelope that needs far more attention), but if I did, rest assured I'd be making up a 'pumpkin patch' worth of these for my niece, nephew and all their school/daycare pals! Super amazing and ultra cute! Your creativity warms my heart!
Hugs~c

Jerrie said...

OMG...this is absolutely adorable! I love the rustic leaves on top and the spideer hanging down!! Thanks so much for the tutorial

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Vicki these are two amazing project, that card fold is awesome and a real beauty, the papers and snowflakes look so classy, the Autumnal box is fantastic with so much lovely 'Fall' detail. excellent work
hugs
lorraine x

Lori Kobular said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love your pumpkin box with all of the Halloween details!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, your pumpkin is seriously adorable! Great job on the tutorial! Love his face! Hugs, sweet friend!

Andrea, said...

Great project x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...