"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Falliday Fest - Monogrammed Post-It Note Cover Gift Idea

Hello friends!
I'm here to share with you another project that I've made for the
Falliday Fest event at Splitcoaststampers!

Jacqueline has challenged us to make something monogrammed that you could give as a gift or keep for yourself.  I was honored to make a sample project for her challenge and so here's what I've come up with for it:
There are so many people that I know who would find this very handy including myself! :)
I thought it would be fun to make a Post-It Note Holder and personalize it with a monogrammed cover!  I think this would make for a great gift for Christmas, any time of the year, or many different other occasions as well.

  I know there are tons of different versions of a Post-It Note cover, but this style happens to be my favorite and I've made them for years.  I've had many people in the past ask me how to make one, so in case you've missed my step-by-step tutorial on it, CLICK HERE to see it.

I've used Melon Mambo card stock to make this design.  I had bought several packages of those mini pen sets at Walmart a few years back and had one still in my stash to match up with this color.  I have stamped a border at the top and bottom front cover in white ink with a Stampin' Up! set called Chalk Lines.  I also used the SU! Chalk Talk set to stamp over white card stock, the open circle design, with Melon Mambo ink and then used the Labels Collections Framelits that coordinate with this set to cut it out.  I popped it up over the cover with some foam tape and added a pearl accent to each end.  For the monogram inside the circle opening, I took an older die set from SU! called Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlits to cut out the 'P' with Melon Mambo card stock and then glued it to the circle opening.

I have a huge collection of older Stampin' Up! products, so it's always great when I can find a way to bring them back out to use for something like this project.  :)

If you're feeling in the crafty mood and want to join in the Falliday Fest fun, then I hope you'll stop by and say hello and perhaps join in with a challenge or two while you're there!  There are not only challenges, but tutorials, recipes, gift giving tips and ideas as well as chances to win prizes from some very generous sponsors!

P.S.  If you happen to be a Fan Club Member at Splitcoaststampers, this Saturday also marks the 15th of the month when us "Dirty Dozen" design team girls share a themed inspirational gallery!  I can't tell you too much, but it will be full of some cool inspiration that just might keep you up at night! :)  Just sayin'! - This is my 5th month as a "Dirty Girl" already and I only have one more month left for my final farewell on the team...hope you'll stop by!

Thanks so much for checking in with me today!
See you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

1..  Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies

2.  Crafty Creations - Not a Card

3.  Mod Squad - Anything But a Card

36 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What a great gift idea! I love the color on your post it note cover!

Heidi Stamps said...

This is a really neat gift idea! I would love to try it out sometime. I love the pink with the monogram!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous project Vicki..nothing better than a pen close to a note pad..love your notepad cover with the pen holder and monogrammed as well..a nice touch for a gift.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
what a very great creation.
I love the fab design of this and that colour is gorgeous.
This is a very handy thing to make so thank you for your link to your tuturial.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous project, Vicki, especially the personalized monogrammed cover...great color too!
xxx Margreet

Carol L said...

I haven't made these in years, but you may have sparked some inspiration to make them once again! I love the Chalk Talk framelits and stamps for that great monogram on the front, and thanks for sharing the tutorial to jog my memory in making them again!

LeAnne said...

THis is BEAUTIFUL! What a great way to cover that sweet little note pad!

cm said...

What a fantastic way to personalize and add some 'jazz and pizzazz' to post-it notes! Fun, practical and just all-around special! This little note pad, receiving so much love and attention...makes my smile!
Hugs`c

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

this is very nice!
hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Vicki, I just love your Post-It note holder, and I love the beautiful color! And the monogramming is perfect and such a great Christmas gift! Beautiful "label" with the letter. Love it, my friend! Hugs!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous Post-it note holder Vicki! I love the colors and the beautiful monogram design!
Hugs, Tammy

Donna Ellis said...

Thoughtful gift idea, Jackie! Beautifully customized! Hugs, de

aussie aNNie said...

Another awesome project, love it Vicki. I was amazed at how small the card in your post below was....perfect for posting though, but so tiny...{aNNie}

Patti J said...

These are so much fun to give and get! Love this, Vicki! Thanks or sharing, and reminding me about this adorable gift idea!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this, Vicki! What a sweet and useful gift this would be!

Debra K. said...

Fantastic gift idea Vicki! Just looked at your step by step tutorial which is brilliant. Must try this when I get the chance. Debra x

Pollard Carole said...

Thanks for sharing this what a brilliant idea just love the elegant style love and hugs Carole x

Leanne said...

Fabulous!!! I think this would make a perfect gift for a boss' desk. Would you mind if I made this too?

Linda Simpson said...

A great gift idea. Love the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sarah said...

First of all Vicki the vibrant colour is incredible with the white and Wow what a fantastic gift too. I am a bit of a post it geek. They live on most surfaces in the house as I am an habitual list maker. My Hubby often adds rude items or comments to them!! xx

Donna Phelan said...

This is beautiful and lovely, fabulous color!!! These would make great little hostess gifts! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

Team Clark said...

SO SO pretty! I haven't made a post it holder in ages! One of my first stamping projects and boy does this make me want to do it again! Love love your design to include the pen. Hugs, Autumn

Anne said...

I've never made one of these, what a lovely gift idea
Love your choice of colour Vicki, this is very elegant
Anne x

crafty-stamper said...

Great gift idea and love the personalised challenge
Carol x

Tracey said...

This is fab Vicki & would make the perfect stocking filler :o)
I hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Davi said...

How cool is that Vicki!! Love the monogram and makes for a pretty note holder too :)

bumblebee creations said...

I love this-so bright and pretty! I have bookmarked your tutorial so I can try to make some....thank You!! Hope all is well with you, seems like I haven't been by in a long time!! Hope now that summer is over, I will have a bit more free time!!

Donna said...

This is fabulous, like that is monogramed and that the pen matches!

NanaConnie said...

I absolutely love these for little gifts and many of my friends ask for them each year. :-D Great job, my friend.

Pia S said...

You made this for me? Just kidding. But it would be perfect on my desk at work though:) nice gift idea.

Shoregirl said...

I saw your link on the Mod Squad link up and wanted to pop over and say what a pretty little notebook set this is! Love the monogram cover!

MiamiKel said...

Well hello my friend!! I'm back! Thank you for visiting me as I try to navigate my way around blogging again and getting back into the swing of things :) I have missed so much of your wonderful work. Including this fabulous note holder and monogram - WOW! I did see these challenges on SCS and am glad to see all you are doing as a dirty girl! Inky hugs to you! ♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this post it holder and it is practical too! Congrats on the Dirty Dozen- 5 months already- you are so blessed!

Dawn Frost said...

What a great stocking stuffer, thanks!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Dear
I order one in Purple pleasee
this is so adorable
I love love love your project Vicki
this is absolute a clever idea for a gift
I will watch your video soon
now it is 22:41 will go to bed soon hehe
hugs
Monika

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow..Awesome idea..love it totally..
Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers- Anything goes with dies challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...