"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Falliday Fest - Not Everything is What it Seems....

Hello friends!
Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

Falliday Fest at Splitocaststampers is still in full swing with more fun challenges to get your creative juices flowing!  There will still be fun challenges & tutorials the rest of this week and next week will be a final wrap-up to give everyone time to finish up their projects.  I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared during this event and of course there is still plenty of time to join in the fun with us too!  Hope to see you there!

Today Joyce (aka Ashjoy) has challenged everyone to make a creation using your crafty supplies to come up with a different project than what it was originally intended for.  For example:  Use a Christmas set for a birthday themed design, Female themed images for masculine projects or Spring related items for a Christmas project, etc.  You get it right?...just think outside the box on this.  I was honored to help make a sample for her challenge.  CLICK HERE to join the chat forum for her challenge on SCS.

Now, I do not know how creative this one is, but here's what I've come up with using a flower from a Stampin' Up! stamp set from my stash called "Crazy About You":
I thought the flower image from this set sort of looked like a poinsettia flower, so I thought I would go for that look and make a Christmas card with it!  I've used a fun little technique with this as well to give it sort of a 3-D look to it by stamping the flower first with white ink over the kraft card stock and then stamping over it again with some Raspberry Ripple ink, but off-setting it slightly.  (It always seems when I'm TRYING to stamp crooked, it ends up straight and then when I want it straight, it is crooked! LOL!!  Why is that?!)  I did manage a few of them off-set though.  :)

I also had an older sentiment set from Stampin' Up! called "Lots of Thoughts" that had a Christmas greeting, so I stamped that with the Raspberry Ripple ink over some kraft card stock and punched it out with a circle punch.  I took some natural twine to make a "nest" behind the circle sentiment and used some foam tape to pop it up over my design.

Before attaching the circle sentiment, I put a strip of Raspberry Ripple card stock along with a strip of wood-grain design paper along with a cut piece of white doily.  I thought this gave the "poinsettia flowers" a nice country charm feel.  I then just finished it off with some clear sparkling sequins and added some nuvo clear glitter crystal drops in the center of each one.  The kraft card front panel was mounted onto a Raspberry Ripple A2 top folding card base.

Here's another look at my design:


It actually feels good to get a Christmas card done and I feel like I'm far behind on this!  So hopefully I will be adding a few here and there as we approach the up-coming Season! :)

Thanks so much for dropping by today and I'll see you again soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Addicted to Stamps & More - anything goes

2.  Fab 'n Funky - Fabulous Flowers


28 comments:

Rema said...

Super fabulous! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

very beautiful card!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So lovely Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Margreet said...

Beautiful Christmas card Vicki....great technique!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Such a different Christmas card, but it is totally awesome! Love the sentiment!

Lozzy T said...

works perfectly Vicki, great idea and gorgeous...Hugs Lozzy x

LeAnne said...

This is awesome! What a cool technique! It's a beautiful poinsettia!

Pia S said...

Love the dimension you've achieved with your stamped flowers. This challenge theme is awesome, I love inspiration on how to better use what's already in my stash!

Olga Jewell said...

Love this gorgeous card!!!!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I love the off set effect Vicki
so beautiful flower stamp you have
and great doily too
I have little Mojo also no new card on my Blog
I still search for a job and still have some interview...finger cross I get soon a new job Vicki
I try to catch up my best friends in Blogland`s BLOG
hugs
Monika

Becca Cruger said...

I can totally see the retro-mod poinsettia! Genius use of that flower stamp. Such a cute card!

Carol L said...

That's some very creative thinking to come up with a Christmas card using those floral images! I like the doily, twine, and kraft card base. Very pretty and unique card!

Pri Created said...

It is definitely 3D...coz when I first looked at your card,I thought you did some very intricate die cutting for the top panel....love this card and the colours..!!

Patti J said...

This is so pretty! I forget to do this technique, but MUST put it back on my to do list! Beautifully done, my friend. I know what you mean about crooked when you want straight, and straight when you want crooked!

Kim said...

Beautiful take on the Christmas card! Love the 3D effect with the stamping.

Jerrie said...

Vicki, I think these poinsettia flowers are perfect. Adding the Christmas sentiment and the bling gives this card all the elements of Christmas!

Debra K. said...

What a wonderful card design Vicki! The flowers work perfectly as poinsettia and I love the way you've stamped them with the white ink first. The raspberry colour looks so lovely on the Kraft card too. Debra x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, this is one of those that is just top of the scale with the wow factor!

Chris said...

A beautiful contemporary Christmas card Vicki. Love the design and the fab stamping technique, the result is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.
Chris
x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki
your card are amazing..
First your "booh" dog... fantastic creation ... I have must smile.
Your flower card ist wonderful...

HugsAnja

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you've stamped the flowers.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Wonderful Christmas card and great creativity.
Hugs,
BożenA

crafty-stamper said...

Great idea for a challenge and love the 3-D flowers
carol x

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

NanaConnie said...

Faith, I don't think I've ever seen kraft look so good! Wonderful design and great off set stamping.

Pat said...

Lovely card, great design, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful festive card Vicki love those flowers and the tag a wonderful creation
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

WOW this is so beautiful Vicki! I love the 3-D look and the gorgeous colors, awesome technique my friend!
Big hugs, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...