"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Falliday Fest - Shaker Money Holders! - TUTORIAL and VIDEO!

Hello friends! :)
I'm back today to share another fun project AND tutorial that I've made!  If you have been following along with me on my blog for a while, then you may already remember this fun little project that I made for some last minute gift giving ideas along with a tutorial for it last year! If you happened to miss it last year, I have made a similar tutorial to share for this year's Falliday Fest at Splitcoaststampers!

CLICK HERE to go to the challenge forum where everything is happening and join in the fun with us!  If you would like to participate and learn more about the tutorials during Falliday Fest - CLICK HERE.   There is also a special "chat thread" just for this tutorial where you can share your version of this project:  CLICK HERE.  Hope to see your creations there!

So check out my fun Shaker Money Holder:
I always seem to give out cash for Christmas every year and these are such a cute and fun way to present a gift like that!  Not only is it fun for the recipient to shake around the holder, but it can also be re-used for that person to use and pass on to someone else!  You could also make one for any occasion where you would give out cash....not just Christmas.

CLICK HERE to see my step-by-step tutorial on SCS and
CLICK HERE to be taken directly to the video!

**PLEASE NOTE**
In my tutorial I have some "special tools" that I used to make these,  like a fuse tool and xyron machine.  You certainly don't *need* those tools in order to create one like this!  In place of the fuse tool, you could use some red line or similar strong tape (like I mention in my video), or you could use a sewing machine or even hand stitch if you prefer to do that.  I haven't tried this project out with just a clear envelope, but this is another option you could try out if you don't have a plastic storage sleeve like I've used on my creation.  I've also used a xyron machine which turns my cut out images into "stickers" so that I can attach them to the plastic pocket.  Again, you could just use red line/score tape to attach your decorations to the front of it.

For this particular Shaker Money Holder, I have used mainly products from My Favorite Things.  This is where the Clear Pocket Storage Sleeves came from for my project.  That adorable elf is from the Santa's Elves set along with the coordinating dies.  I also used the MFT Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX die-namics for the sentiment banner that I have embossed with white EP.  The gift box is also from that same stamp set that I've colored with Copics and used a foam square to pop it up over the banner.  I have used some red line tape to attach the metallic red ribbon and then made a bow and attached it to the front with some glue dots.  The sequins that I used is from MFT  4MM Classic Christmas mix as well as some clear seed beads and a few other random sequins I had in my stash.

Here are some other versions that I've made:
I hope you've enjoyed my project today and will give the tutorial a try and join in the Falliday Fest fun with us!  I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Thanks so much for dropping in and I'll see you again soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


30 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what an amazing project Vicki so in love with it. You are tempting me to go buy the fuse tool!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lori Kobular said...

What a great way to give a gift of money! I love all three of your shaker money holders!!

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous and such a great idea too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lola said...

I love these! I usually give gift cards (hint hint) - but these are way inspirational and ADORABLE! Off to check out your video.

Stacy Sheldon said...

this is the most fun thing I have made for Christmas this year Vicki, I just love this tutorial. you are tempting me so much with that elf.

Chrissy said...

So awesome Vicki..and such a great idea..fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Kim said...

This is so FUN!!!! It would definitely be awesome to give and see the recipients' face light up.

Donna said...

These are the cutest Vicki, saw one on my e-mail from Splitcoast this morning and fell in love with it. A whole day making tags, so much fun! So talented!

Tammy said...

These are sooo cute and fun Vicki! I love all of the images! Great tutorial too, you make it look so easy :) I love my fuse tool so I can't wait to give it a try.
Hugs Tammy

Pollard Carole said...

Really enjoyed your post and tutorial these are such a brilliant idea fabulous So kind of you to share how its done love and hugs Carole x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, I saw your video and the step-outs in the tutorial, and what a great gift idea! I loved hearing the shaking - haha! Sweet! And what a wonderful gift idea! More and more, the kids are appreciating the cash, and these are fabulous! Loved each one! Hugs, sweet friend!

Rhonda Miller said...

These are so cute. I love the images you used on them. I'm headed over to watch your video.

Donna Ellis said...

Thanks for the fantastic tutorial, Vicki, complete with sound effects! Fabulous gift ideas and wonderful creations! Love these! XXOO

Dawn Frost said...

Awesome I can always use moneyholders for Christmas gifts!! Thanks for the tutorial!

NanaConnie said...

Ooo, what a clever idea, my friend! I'm just not good with traditional shaker cards so I'm delighted to find this option. Thanks for the information.

aussie aNNie said...

Love it my friend. Nothing like a new creation to try out...will check out the video.xx {aNNie}

Debra K. said...

Wow! What a fantastic way to give cash as a gift. Wonderful video tutorial Vicki. Your images are so cute. You've got me wanting a fuse tool now :D. Debra x

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

those are so nice!
love it!
hugs

Heidi Stamps said...

This is the nicest way to give cash that I have ever seen! People must go crazy when they receive something like this.

Very very clever! TFS!

Margreet said...

Such an awesome project Vicki...great and clear video and thanks for the suggestion of using e.g. a sewing machine....will certainly try to make one (or more) too!
xxx Margreet

Pia S said...

I might try this design, probably going to give some money with a smaller gift to my older nephews this year. And I can't think of a cooler way to wrap up the dollars! Love these!
I'll be away on holiday, so I might not be visiting again until the end of this month...

Monika Reeck said...

I love your idea dear Vicki
I have seen the video and I am falling in love with this project
so sweet images
so clever idea and
I will look for Xyron sticker machine now
its a great way to make sticker for your images
thanks Vicki for always great idea from your clever head :) hugs
Monika

Patti J said...

Clever, clever, clever!!! Wow, love this! Great idea, and great job!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Great idea to pack gifts. Beautifully done! Thanks for the tutorial. Very instructive.
hugs,
BozenA

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful money wallets and makes the money look just a little more special love the cute images and sequins
carol x

Lynn McAuley said...

These are beyond adorable, Vicki!

Andrea, said...

Great idea Vicki and a wonderful gift. Love the cute images you have used

Shelly Schmidt said...

Dang these are cute- and a fab way to use up sequins! (Which I a stash of.....). You are so creative!!!

Jo - Jo's Scrap Shack said...

Wonderful idea Vicki! This has to be the cutest and most interactive money holder I have seen yet! Definitely going to give this a try!
Hugs,
Jo
xox

cm said...

Yes, total amazingness happening at your place once again! I love these; just plain old, full-on LOVE them! And...a FUSE tool is added to my wish list *grin*
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...