"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Falliday Fest - Twist Gate Fold with Snowflakes

Hello friends!
Wanted to pop in to share another creation I made for the
FALLIDAY FEST event at Splitcoaststampers.

They have released another tutorial today called:
Twist Gate Fold -
CLICK HERE to see the tutorial
CLICK HERE for details on uploading your creation to the challenge forum.

I have made a sample for this tutorial and here's my version of it:
Here's what the card design looks like closed.  This is somewhat of an odd shaped design, but when you angle it around, it will fit nicely inside an A2 sized envelope for mailing which is very nice for Christmas card sending! :)

I haven't had a chance yet to pull out this stunning card kit from MFT, so I thought I would use it for this card design.  I have fallen in love with these gorgeous snowflakes from the Simply Snowflakes stamp set!   The green sparkle papers were included with the kit along with the ink colors I've used, but the plaid papers are from Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid petite paper pack.  I thought they just went nicely with the color scheme from this kit. I like the non-traditional color scheme.  The snowflakes were cut with the coordinating dies from the kit and then I punched out a small scallop circle with some more of that green sparkle paper to place in the center of the largest snowflake.  I then added a rhinestone to the center of each of the outside snowflakes.

Here's what it looks like on the inside of my card design:
I've used more images from the MFT Simply Snowflakes set to cover the inside design.  I guess I couldn't help it...I think I wanted to use all of the images in the set! LOL!  The ink colors I've used were the ones included within the card kit.

For the inside sentiment, I had to pull out my MISTI tool to selectively stamp the wording so that it would fit inside the narrow space inside.  So keep that in mind when making one of these that a narrow style sentiment would be easiest to use.

I thought this was a super fun and unique style of card design that I will certainly be using again in the future!  I hope you will stop by and join in the "Falliday Fest" fun with us! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Crafty Catz - Anything Goes with a Twist:  More than 1 fold

2.  My Time to Craft - Fancy Folds

30 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a super cool card fold and I do love the colors and the gorgeous snowflakes Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely Stunning!!

Heidi Stamps said...

Wow, what a great card! I love the snowflakes and the paper together! And that is such a fun fold! You did such a great job!

Sarah said...

I reeeeeeeally love this card Vicki...the design is terrific and the colours are gorgeous. I need to know how to do this style!! xx

Kim said...

This is an amazing card! I love the snowflakes and the plaid paper is do pretty.

Carol L said...

This is an absolute stunner with those gorgeous papers and sparkle! I love that unique fold too - it seems the blog world has exploded with this type of card today :)

cm said...

Well...who knew that something seemingly soooo complex - and incredibly gorgeous! - is an A2 size? Marveling at the ultra cool folds and fabulous paper/colour/image pairings! On my 'must try' list!
Hugs~c

Donna said...

I saw this pattern in my weekly Split Coast Stampers newsletter and yours is even more spectacular than I could ever imagine, love it Vicki! Now I really need some play time!!

Donna said...

PS So glad you are showing us your Split coast creations.

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

wow! so wonderful card!
love it!
hugs

Becca Cruger said...

Isn't the MISTI so fabulous when it comes to placement? Speaking of fabulous - you sure know how to work those fancy folds! Awesome design!

Jerrie said...

I love your twist gate fold card! It must be getting nippy there too as it is COLD here...how does it go from 70 to 30 so quick?

aussie aNNie said...

WELL MS VICKI great minds think alike, I have just cut this out and about to make it up after my lunch....love your papers.xxx {aNNie}

Debra K. said...

Wow Vicki, what a fabulous card design! Wonderful snowflakes and a really lovely colour combination. Love the papers you've used especially the glitter card. Debra x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card design and love the snowflakes and colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

Wow, what a great card fold Vicki...you made a gorgeous card with it!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Amazing card Vicki! I love all those wonderful folds, not sure I could make a card like this! The snowflakes are so delicate! Love the papers you used too!

tilly said...

a super folds card, thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Catz, hope to see you again
Tilly

Lola said...

Wow, all I can say is "gorgeous!" And LOVE LOVE LOVE the color combo.

Chrissy said...

I love the fancy fold Vicki and the plaid papers with the glitter card is fabulous..

luv CHRISSYxx

Patti J said...

Well, aren't YOU the clever one??? This is such a fun fold! I can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for always making me think outside the box, Vicki! You rock!!!

Tammy said...

Oh WOW Vicki, this is gorgeous!! I love the colors, the fabulous fold and the snowflakes are beautiful!
Big hugs, Tammy

Donna Ellis said...

Beautifully created, Vicki! Such rich, jewel-like colors, and a gorgeous card, with clean, fun lines! Radiant and festive! Hugs, de

NanaConnie said...

Incredible, Vicki! I went and checked out the tutorial (thanks for the link) and I'm definitely going to try a few of these. Your is absolutely spectacular and I'm loving the snowflakes and sparkly green panel. :-D

Pia S said...

Nice colors and glitter and sparkle. I've never seen this card fold before, it's different and fun!

MiamiKel said...

Another super Vicki creation! The colors and the lovely snowflakes already steal the show, but what a fun card fold, too! It just beams winter and snow and all things wonderful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this card- I love to try new things, I have not seen this fold before. I love the DP and how well it matches with the pretty snowflakes! You answered my only question- will it fit in an A2 envelope. I'll have to look this up!

Andrea, said...

Love this card design Vicki, the folds are wonderful and lov the stamps and papers

Monika Reeck said...

You are ready for Christmas I guess
you have enough card I guess too
and the bling paper here I love much
I am not using so many bling paper but if I see you used it I am in love then :)
great MFT stamp snowflakes Vicki
and adorable GEM in the middle of that snowflake
love this kind of the Fold
love the colors too
biig hugs from Germany
Monika

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Great design! I love your solution. This card is so special!
hugs,
BozenA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...