"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, October 28, 2016

Here for You - End Domestic Violence

Hello friends!
I'm swinging in this afternoon because
I wanted to share a special card that I made for a very special cause:
Click on badge for the post details

This is subject close to my heart and one that I think more people should take very seriously and know what to look for in a relationship weather you are in one yourself or know of someone who is.  I think this is a great way to raise awareness.  Thank you to Becca for putting this together and sharing your courage with others.  (Her story is actually how I became to know her as a fellow blog and paper craft friend.)

I thought this was also a great way to support the cause by sending cards to a special charity that is thrilled to receive them.  I will be having some more to send along, but this is just one that is going:
So I was excited to have received a fun parcel from STAMPlorations with lots of goodies in there and couldn't wait to start creating with stuff! :)  The stamp set that I've used for this card is called Bloom Sketches.  There are so many gorgeous flowers in this set and I love all of the sentiments that come with it!

It's really easy for me to use the color purple (which is also the color for National Domestic Violence Awareness month) because it's my favorite color!  So what I've done is take one of the blooms from the stamp set and heat emboss it with clear EP and then I took some Wilted Violet distress ink and blended the color over it which reveals the image underneath.  (Emboss Resist technique)

Because I'm also playing along in a few challenges, I followed a cool sketch (see below) and I also needed to use some black on my card, so I took my spritzer tool and black marker to make a light splatter effect in the background.  I stamped the sentiment from the set with black pigment ink and embossed that with clear EP too.  I then added a few black enamel dots and to finish it off, I slightly tilted the white panel over a black A2 sized top folding card base and just cut off the edges that may have been sticking out.  I thought this just added a bit more interest to the design.

Here's a closer look at some of the details:
Here you can better see the light splatters in the background along with the heat embossing.  I also took my Wink of Stella glitter pen to add a bit of shimmer in the center of each flower.


I really like how this turned out and look forward to making more purple creations this weekend to send off to this great cause!

If you are inspired to create too, please see the details on Becca's post by CLICKING HERE.
There are several prizes by many different companies involved too!
Thank you for any support in any way you can in raising awareness about Domestic Violence.
----------------------------------------

Tomorrow I will be celebrating 17 years with the love of my life.  We have been through so many joys, tears and fears in our lives together and I couldn't think of a better person to have shared all of these events with.  I'm so lucky to have him in my life and couldn't imagine him not being there.  Thank you my love for ALWAYS being right there for me and for us.
I love you with all my heart.

Thank you friends for stopping by!  Have a great weekend!
-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch - Stamps & Sponging + sketch

2.  STAMPlorations CAS card challenge - Anything Goes + black

3.  STAMPlorations Anything Goes

4.  Inkspirational - Black + 1 other


5.  Crafty Friends - Anything Goes


44 comments:

Kim said...

This is such an awesome cause! Your card is beautiful. I was going to step back from stamping a teeny bit, but such great cause. I'll go check out Becca's post. Hugs

Heidi Stamps said...

First off, Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! Second, your card is very pretty. The purple black and white combo is so stunning and I really like your embellishment! It looks like you know exactly where to put them (and I certainly never do!)

Great way to bring awareness to an important issue!

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

love your card!
it's so pretty!
and it is made for great cause.
have a nice weekend!
hugs

Lori Kobular said...

Love your pretty card Vicki! Those flowers look perfect! Who doesn't love the color purple? This is such a great cause!

laurie said...

What a wonderful card for a wonderful cause. I lost a friend to domestic violence. I so wish it could have been prevented. We need a better system and more awareness...thanks for sharing!

Chrissy said...

A fantastic cause Vicki and a beautiful card..very srtiking..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this beauty of a card! The technique is great with this image : )

Jacqueline Valade said...

Happy Anniversary Vicki! Hope you have a spectacular weekend. I love your choice of flowers...they're nice and big - your card is very pretty. I decided to join in the hop too after seeing your post. :-)

Carol L said...

I'm a purple girl too, so any purple card floats my boat! This one is so special with sponging over the embossed blooms! I love those enamel accents too! Congrats and happy anniversary - I hope your day together is very special and fun! :)

TracyM #6773 said...

HAPPY Anniversary Vicki :)
LOVE your card, the design is so elegant and beautiful!!!
Thank You for sharing your card for Becca's Hop To STOP.

MaryH said...

Love the bold splashes of purple-ness on these open weave flowers. What a lovely design to celebrate this cause, and I like the way you've added the sequins for a tiny bit of embellishment, letting those pretty flowers take center stage. TFS & happy wkend.

Patti J said...

Happy Anniversary, my friend! Loving your card, and this cause. I will go check out Becca's post. Our DD was a victim of domestic abuse, so this ones close to our hearts. Have a good weekend!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Happy Anniversary, Vicki! He sounds amazing - definitely a keeper! Wishing you many more happy years together! Your card is gorgeous, love your inking! DV is a hard topic for all of us, but we're shining a light on it with the hop.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome card, Vicki! Thanks for reminding me about this - such an important cause!

Margreet said...

Just beautiful!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki your card is so beautiful the stamps and colours look awesome and for such a worthy cause, well done
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning and elegant design Vicki, love the black accents with the enamel dots, a fantastic card for a great cause! :) Donna ♥ x

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful resist technique with a gorgeous color! I like that your panel is slightly off center, with the dramatic black background and black drops. It's like pretty flowers emerging beautifully despite the blackest night! Gorgeously done, Vicki! hugs, de

Monika Reeck said...

I love Purple
I love this flower on your card
and great Purple ponged around the white flower Vicki
this is a winner card I believe it
and I miss you hope looking at you soon again on my Blog
we are busy mommy hehe
I got a new job...yaaay.... will write a post later
hugs
Monika

Dotty Jo x said...

Great card, Jo x

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card! Beautifully executed and I love the edge of black peeking through and framing the image.
Elaine GDT STAMPlorations

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Vicki, I love the background and stamp.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Your flowers look like pulsing purple. They look really amazing.
hugs,
BozenA

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki! I love the embossed flowers and beautiful colors, fantastic cause too! I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary!
Hugs, Tammy

Pri Created said...

Fabulous card for a great cause...!!

Davi said...

Happy Anniversary Vicki, hope you have a great time celebrating together :) YOu card is beautiful and of course my favorite color! Great cause you are bringing awareness too!!

Debra K. said...

A wonderful card for such a worthy cause! A lovely design with the black and purple working beautifully together.
Congratulations on your 17yrs together! I hope you both had a fantastic day together. Debra x

Asha said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Vicki! The blooms look like they are glowing. Perfect card for this special cause.
hugs Asha

Babs Watson said...

A gorgeous card Vicki for a special cause, the colour and flowers are so beautiful, just love this card.

Happy Crafting
Hugs Babs x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Vicki for a great cause!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous card. I love this sketch.

aussie aNNie said...

Great take on the sketch and gorgeous colours .xx

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!

cm said...

Yayyyy...one of my favourite STAMPlorations images used by one of my favourite designers (that would be YOU, sweet friend), to create one absolutely dazzling card, perfect for Becca's challenge (as well as the others). LOVE this bloom in purple. LOVE! So thrilled to see you over at Inkspirational, too! Smiling!
Hugs~c

crafty-stamper said...

congratulations on your anniversary-beautiful card and for a really good cause love the colour and embossed flowers
Carol x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Vicki

Andrea, said...

Forgot to say congratulations to you and hubby x

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful card and what a fabulous design the colour is stunning. such a lovely thing to do to send card to support a very worthy cause you are a very kind lady Love and hugs Carole x

MiamiKel said...

What I wonderful calls to promote awareness I played along in last year's challenge but this year didn't get the chance I'm so glad to see your card Vicki as not only did it make me swoon as usual :) but you have showcased this purple beauty to perfection !!

Pia S said...

Very pretty. Love your sponging and emboss resist techniques such a great alternative to coloring in the image. Sorry I've been absent lately, I've been away on holiday and now I'm waiting for mr mojo to get back home as well... In the meantime I'm trying to catch up a bit on what's been going on in blogland....

Team Clark said...

A perfect purple take! So beautiful. Hugs, Autumn

Tanya said...

Beautiful card, lovely design :)

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon :)

DT Tanya xx

Pia Larsen said...

Love it when crafters support a good cause with handmade cards!
Thank you for playing with us at Ink.
Pia xx

Asha said...

How did I miss the LF snow globe?!!! So adorable... and you know LF makes me squeal with delight. LOVE it!!!
HUGS Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...