"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, October 20, 2016

It's Howl-O-Ween Time at Cute Card Thursday!

Good morning friends!
Today starts a brand new challenge over at
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
For this week's challenge, we'd like to see your Halloween creations!
We can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Here's what I've made for the challenge:
You KNOW that I wasn't going to let this Halloween go by without playing with some of fave stamps especially with a sweet little doxie included in it! :)  I think he has stopped to howl at the moon and cry because he can't find his bone which is further down his path.  LOL!  I just love that little mummy outfit too!  When my little Mocca was a pup, I dressed her up in a Frankenstein outfit.  She didn't know how to feel about the little shoes that came with it, so when she walked she really looked like a Frankenstein walking around! LOL!!  My boys still talk about how funny she looked after all of these years! :)  I can't believe she's 11 years old already! - sorry, I don't even have photos of her with it on...can you believe it?!  :(

I just couldn't wait to break out my Lawn Fawn Happy Howloween set!!  I especially have favored this cute little dog howling with the boooooo! LOL!!  I really love all of the extras in the set like the stars, moon, paw print, bone and so many different costumes!  They have literally killed me with this set...and of course the STAMPtember "Howliday" set was icing on the cake!! :)  So happy they came out with these doxie sets!!  (It was something that I had suggested a while back when they were asking customers for requests.)  And we all know I'm a happy customer! LOL!

So my scheme for this design was based on limiting myself to a certain color palette that was issued in the Lawnscaping challenge to use Black, Purple + 1 color of choice.  I didn't know if neutrals were included as a "free" color, but I added white as my choice color anyway.  I colored the doxie with black and gray tone Copics and also kept the moon and bone colored with a light gray color.  The stars and booooo were stamped in black and the sentiment at the bottom was heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

For the sky background, I have used some watercolor card stock and used some purple and black Kuretake Gansi Tambi watercolors and then sprayed with some Wilted Violet ink spray.  For the shimmer splatters, I have loaded a wet tooth brush with Frost White Fantastix ink.  (It has a pretty shimmer with it.)  I then cut out this panel with the LF Small Dotted Rectangle Stackables.  For the scene, I have also used the LF Stitched Tree Borders cut out of black card stock and attached to the purple watercolor piece.  I have also used the LF grassy hillside borders cut out of black card stock and popped that out with foam tape to create some depth to my scene.  Before I added the foam tape, I heat embossed the sentiment with white EP as well as the paw print next to it.  After attaching all of my images, I stamped the "booooo" sentiment with black ink next to the doxie.  I then attached my scene onto a piece of white glitter paper and then onto a black A2 sized side folding card.

Here's a closer look at the shimmer and sparkle:
Here you can better see the white shimmer splatters that I added with a tooth brush over my purple sky as well as the shimmer over the moon brushed on with my Spectrum Noir clear glimmer pen.

This post was actually a bit more wordy than I had intended it to be!  :)
I do hope you will stop by the Cute Card Challenge blog to see the other creations from the DT and play along with us!

Thanks for dropping by today!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Lawnscaping Challenges - color combo:

2.  Simply Create Too - Halloween

3.  Crafty Card Makers - Things That Go BUMP in the Night!

4.  Inky Chicks - Too Cute to Spook

5.  Crafty Boots - Halloween

6.  Shopping Our Stash - Halloween

7.  Crafting by Designs - Halloween

8.  Inkspirational Challenge - Black + one color

46 comments:

Debra K. said...

I love this Vicki! Lawn Fawn stamps really appeal to my inner child. The dog is so cute dressed as a mummy and your sky is fabulous. Such a wonderful colour and the shimmer looks gorgeous. The glitter mat for the delightfully designed card is perfect for it. Good luck in the challenges Vicki! Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

Ha how cute, love this card and your stamp and the 'boooo' is so cute. You rock.xx{aNNie}

Margreet said...

Haha...this is too cute and funny, Vicki...I'm not a fan of Halloween but I love this card !!!
xxx Margreet

Regina said...

oh, how adorably spooky!
sending big hugs
Regina

Babs Watson said...

Love this adorable Halloween card, your little mummy dog is so cute, beautiful background and a great design, I love the lawn fawn's too..

Hugs Babs :) x

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

love this super adorable card!
hugs

Donna said...

Such an awesome scene Vicki, awesome ski, cute dog and like the grass, great Halloween scene and like the nontraditional theme!

Heidi Stamps said...

Very cute! I love how you have a little story about the dog and his bone in your card. The background is great and I like how you used the grass die but in black! Way to stretch those supplies!

Olga Jewell said...

Another gorgeous creation!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Halloween card Vicki, love the background sound it looks stunning.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

He is so stinkin cute Vicki..fabulous spooky scene and love the sparkle.

luv CHRISSYxx

Josephine said...

What a sweet card - love the 'howl'!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Lori Kobular said...

Your Halloween card is oh so cute! I love that doxie with his mummy wrappings on! Just adorable!

Sarah said...

What a terrific card!! Love the image and the perfect details creating this wonderful scene. My darling Mog used to bark at the moon, especially a full one. I had to put blinds up at the doors so he couldn't see it and keep the household awake!! xx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

I love your fun and humorous cards :-)) Great scenery!
hugs,
BozenA

laurie said...

So awesome Vicki! I love the shimmer and shine, and such a cute image and sentiment too.

crafty-stamper said...

cute Halloween card -not very scary though is he lol
Carol x

Carol L said...

They just don't get any cuter than this one! I love the doggie in disguise and the black grass and glittery purple sky make this a wonderful and fun card! I hope the pooch can find his hidden bone too :)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the cute little doxie mummy.

Mimi said...

Soooooo-ohh cute! Dog-lover here... and my hound speaks "Boooooooo"!!! All of your little details just made this card a winner-- the dimension, the background... thank you for sharing at SOS again :)

NanaConnie said...

Well, you know I love the lavender, Faith, and the silver/sparkle really works so well with it! Cute mummy pup. :-D

Jerrie said...

OMG, this is the first card that I have EVER seen with the dog in dress up! I love the Booooo that faces the moon! You should post this to the hop to stop at damselofdistressed cards.

Donna Ellis said...

A howling fantastic doggy mummy! Vicki, one of the cutest Halloweenie sets of the season! Love your coloring and fun design! Always a pleasure dropping by to see what you're up to! Hugs, de

Isobel said...

Happy Halloween great card thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck x

Pri Created said...

Oh wow...this is sooooo cute....and the background is so amazing Vicki...

Maike from Maikreations said...

Hehe :o) Such a fun card! Love how the dogs howls at the moon and the colour scheme is fabulous ;o) Thank you for joining our „Things that go bump in the night“ challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
Maike

Angela Radford said...

Great fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

coldwaters2 said...

LOL Oh Vicki this made me smile what a brilliant Halloween card I totally adore that cutie doggy image, super, super make
hugs
lorraine x

Lynn McAuley said...

How cute is this mummified pup! What a sensationally fun Halloween design, Vicki!

Andrea, said...

Fab card Vicki, I love the colours and background which you have created. This is another of my fav stamp sets from Lawn fawn, i just love the cute little dogs and it on my ever expanding wish list !

Kuni said...

What a beautiful card.
Hugs
Kuni
PS: my new challenge blog start on 10th november and i hope to see you.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

Chris Dring said...

Oh my goodness, this is an absolutely adorable card! LOVE the scene you created with that mummy doggy, and your purple background looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Your Halloween card is fabulous, I love that shimmer effect and the great colours. Wonderful design Vicki. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Halloween Challenge.

Dionne

Tammy said...

This is sooo cute Vicki! I love the fun Halloween scene you created and the gorgeous colors, fabulous sparkle too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute!

Sarah said...

Hello my first follower, aka *Vicki*, lol ;)

Just stopping by to take a look-see at your card and how pretty! I'm not much for scary Halloween so this card is just up my alley! I'm loving all the little sparkle and splats of color that you added to the background! I can honestly say I would not have thought to use a tooth brush, but I am going to have to try that. Maybe I'll get less on my face and more on my project!?

On a side note I saw that you are part of the Splitcoaststampers community. Can you explain a bit what Splitcoaststampers is? The forum only really gives one line in explanation and I'm left scratching my head and wondering what that one line was supposed to say.

Any who, I'm off to watch your tutorial on the Twist Gate Fold Card, it's very cute!

~Sarah

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my word, Vicki, you are absolutely one funny gal and must be such a joy! I love your sense of humor and can just imagine your dog dressed up as Frankenstein - haha!! Yes, it would be a memorable event for your boys! I love this howling doggie and the amazing scene you've created! Beautifully done, as always, my friend...and also so creative!! Hugs! xoxo

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful I love this brilliant design with such fab colours all stunning love and hugs Carole x

Nonni said...

Loving this, Vicki! Such a cute scene and that dog is just sooooo adorable. I bet this was super fun to make. Great, great card. By the way I think this would work for our challenge at Ink: http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.fi/2016/10/challenge-120-black-one-color.html

Inkyfingers said...

What an adorably cute card Vicki and I love the punny sentiment!
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Véronique said...

Cute Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- gorgeous card- I LOVE the background you painted. Wonderfully done- love the doxie : )

Donna said...

Fantastic 'howl-o-ween' card Vicki, love this adorable little puppy and such a cute scene you have created. Fab bit of sparkle too with the matting! :) Donna ♥ x

Monika Reeck said...

yaayyy
1. I love the scene
2. I love the purple
3. I love the shimer there
4. I love the coloring
I love all on this card Vickiiiii
this is a cute card with black and purple ever I have seen today
hugs
Monika

cm said...

OH my stars! Your Halloween doxie is absolutely adorable, dressed in his mummy costume and 'howling' out his 'booooo'! So scary (HA! NOT!)! Definitely fun and fabulous in every way!
Hugs~c

Pia Larsen said...

Love the glitter and night sky! Fab effect!
Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges. Sure hope you'll join us again soon :)
Pia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...