"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Anything BUT a Card for Cute Card Thursday!

Hello my friends!
Is it just me or does this entire year feel like it's just flying by?!!
With maintaining my housewife duties, and trying to get a few projects done to post...I've been late in sending cards to people...I've felt like I've run out of time at the end of every day! LOL!
I haven't even started creating for Christmas as of yet!....I also wanted to make several cards for charities that I like to do every year...so that's another thing on my "to do" list!  (Trying to get hubby or the boys involved in it with me is pointless...all they want is baked goods! LOL!  Maybe a bribe is coming soon?!)

Anyway, luckily there is a brand new challenge up this week for
CUTE CARD THURSDAY
and the theme is "Anything BUT a Card!"

So knowing that I never have enough of anything right at the last minute for Christmas, I decided to take this challenge and get a start on something:
I have decided to make a Shaker Ornament/Tag for my project!
You know how I love Lawn Fawn products, but I thought that I could probably "live" without this  Ready, Set, Snow stamp set and coordinating dies.  That is until a fellow blog friend sent me a complete set of several pieces from this set!  Nonni from Nonni's Handmade Cards had asked about a Snoopy stamp that I had she couldn't find to purchase as it's no longer available anywhere, so I offered to stamp her a couple of images.  In return, she was kind enough to send me a couple of sets complete with card stock cut outs, foam and even cut out acetate pieces to complete snow-globe shakers!  I started to color and put one together...and quickly fell in love with these cute little designs!  I had lots of fun with them!  Thanks so much Nonni!! :)
(Hopefully, I will be back at a later time with the rest of the completed shakers!)

This how I put them together:
For the back panel, I knew I wanted to create some sort of snow sky.  So I took my distress inks and sponged in some blue distress ink colors to get the blue look.  For the snow fall you see in the background behind Santa's sleigh, I took the falling snow image from the LF Snow Cool stamp set and heat embossed it over the blue sky with white EP.  I colored in the houses and church with my Copic markers and attached all of the cut pieces she sent me over the background snow sky panel.

For the shaker globe part, I colored the bottom of the snow globe with some brown tone Copic markers and colored in the sentiment label with my gold gel pen.  I used liquid glue to attach the cut out foam piece she gave me to the snow scene background.  I then took some tiny clear star confetti pieces to fill my snow-globe with.  I kept it small and tiny because the scene and window/shaker area itself is pretty small.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to see the houses very well with the big pieces of shaker material.  (So if you get this set, keep that in mind!)

Before I attached the acetate/front panel of the snow-globe to the foam piece, I took the largest of the LF Stitched Circle Tags and cut out the top portion only of the tag so that I could use that circle ribbon hole to create an ornament/tag for the snow-globe.  I glued this to the back of the panel before enclosing all of the shaker.  Lastly, I took some gold metallic paper to cut out a bow from the LF Put a Bow On It dies and assembled it to attach to the top of my snow-globe.  Then I've added some gold metallic cord to tie onto the tag/ribbon hole to hang.

Here's a closer look at the details of the shaker inside design:
In this photo you can better see where I've used my gold gel pen to color in the church doors, steeple roof and the shaker globe label on the front.  You can also better see the inside star confetti that I've put on the inside of my shaker.

There is plenty of room on the back of this shaker ornament/tag to put a message or to: from: for a tag.  I will probably add this to a gift bag for Christmas and they can put in on their Christmas tree too if they want to keep it and hang it.  :)

I hope you will join us this week and please stop by to see the wonderful creations made from the DT too!  Are you getting ready for Christmas or already done?

Hope you like my project!  Thanks for dropping by today and see you soon! :)

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:

1.  Allsorts - Let's Make a Start on Christmas
2.  Sweet Stampin' - Inspired by Book/Film/Song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
3.  Eclectic Ellapu Pink Team - Anything with a Bow
4.  Crafty Gals Corner - Anything But a Card

35 comments:

Pri Created said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this...beautifully done Vicki...in fact I started making a card with this very stamp set today...lets see how mine turns out...

Margreet said...

Wow, this is awesome work Vicki....love all of your tiny details!
xxx Margreet

Debra K. said...

This is just so cute! Beautifully inked and embossed background for your wonderfully coloured pieces. The little gold bow is a really sweet finishing touch for your shaker ornament. Love it Vicki! I've got this set but just haven't had time to play with it much yet. Thanks for the tip about using small confetti inside, will do :).
This year has definitely flown by. I am so behind with everything. I usually have my Christmas cards written by now but have only just ordered them from the charity shop and haven't even made my family cards either, HELP!! Debra x

aussie aNNie said...

AWESOME shaker my friend, as always you never fail to deliver the goodies.xx

Donna Ellis said...

How EVER did your nimble little fingers put together such a tiny, detailed shaker snow globe, Miss Vicki? Your little star sequins are the perfect shaker elements for a magical night. I cannot even imagine how you were able to place the reindeer so perfectly over the church. Your coloring is sweet and warm! Fantastic design, right down to the golden details! hugs, de

laurie said...

You outdid yourself this time! ADORABLE!!! I love tiny things and that scene is so cute.

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

hello!
hope you are doing fine :)
oh love this !
its super adorable!
hugs

Heidi Stamps said...

Oh my, this is so cute! I love the images and the design, but the addition of the shaker and that shiny bow makes it really festive!

Lori Kobular said...

Your shaker snow globe tag is absolutely adorable! I love it! I am with you on not having enough time during the day to get everything done....how does this happen?? This year seems to be flying by unbelievable speed!

NanaConnie said...

Let me start with an apology and a request for indulgence. I've had a serious injury to my left elbow, requiring surgery from which I'm still recovering and it's going to be a long, slow process of healing. Not only is my crafting limited but the amount of time I can spend typing is very short. So I can (and do) visit but commenting literally takes hours. Hope you'll be forgiving. And, if you read this same comment on someone else's blog, you'll know that I cut my commenting time to nothing by doing a copy and paste of it. I follow so many dear friends that this seemed the best way to get the word out. :-D I do love this lovely shaker tag, Vicki!

Linda Simpson said...

This I gorgeous Vicki, I love the cute shaker tag.
Hugs
Linda xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous little shaker tag Vicki..I made a shaker for the first time and it was NOT good..lol..but I have pretty carpet!..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

Your shaker tag is so cute Vicki!! I love the little scene and the fun snow globe design!
Big hugs, Tammy

Kim said...

Your shaker tag is gorgeous! It would also make an awesome ornament. I love the beautiful scene and all those glistening confetti.

Lola said...

So beautiful. This would look perfect on my tree! Love the shaker element as well.

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet!

Patti J said...

This is going to look wonderful on the tree. The lights will pick up all of the pretty sparkle...beautifully done, as always!!! Love it!

Asha said...

This is soooooo adorable. You know, I bought LF's snow globe die, stamps etc etc LAST year (because yes, one simply cannot live without them!) but I haven't used it ... yet. What is wrong with me!!! And now you produce this super cute awesome project to entice me .... bad girl! LOL
hugs Asha

Babs Watson said...

This is ever so cute Vicki , a gorgeous little shaker hanging ornament, I love the gold bow too..

Have a lovely weekend
Hugs Babs x

Carol L said...

I just love all those glittery stars in your shaker ornament! What a great friend to send you all those elements so you could make your own :) Sharing is wonderful isn't it? :)

alexandra s.m. said...

So adorable Vicki! I love it!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shaker tag love the shape and little scene
Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

NO doubt you are in cute card thursday
your TAG is so cuuutee Vicki
love the shaker and love the Bow in gold
ooh I feel winter see your shaker Tag
so sweet and I adore the colors
great made again Vicki
hugs
Monika

Rhonda Miller said...

How fun. I love the gorgeous bow.

Bożena Adamusińska said...

What a beautiful card shaker! I admire this beautiful winter scene :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Sammy said...

Love this!! What a great shaker card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Céline said...

too cute
hugs
céline

Donna said...

Gorgeous shaker card and like that bow on the top!

Sarah said...

Ooh, love this cute shaky ornament. Such a delightful little scene xx

Andrea, said...

This is so sweet Vicki, I love the snow globe set. The little village looks great in it

Nonni said...

Finally a free evening for some casual blog browsing! I'm so glad you enjoyed playing with the snow globe! I did many of these for last Christmas and I think soon it's time to start again. :) I especially love the golden bow, what an embellishment, gorgeous! I'm soon getting a bow die, I think I'll have to try if that bow design is good size for the snow globe, love your idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pia S said...

Yes, time flies. And with winter comes shorter days, it's dark when I leave for work and even darker when I'm heading back home. Don't get to do much at home during the week, but I hope I'll adapt sooner rather than later to the darkness of winter. I've made good progress throughout the year with my Christmas cards, still need a few, but I'm always putting off making my gift tags. Will probably end up buying some this year as well...

Rae Ann said...

This is just the cutest! I love this idea and I love that gold bow! The stars are the perfect shaker element too.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything But a Card challenge.

Joyce Ann said...

Awhhh...how cute is that!!! I love that little bow. Thank you for sharing your tag with us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck in the challenge.
Joyce

Shelly said...

How CUTE is this?!!...Such an ADORABLE little snow globe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...