"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Embossed Flower Kindness

Hello friends!
I see blogger decided to change itself up again over night!  Not sure I like it, but I don't really have a choice with it, so it is what it is! LOL!!  Hope you are doing well and getting prepared for your Thanksgiving festivities tomorrow for all U.S. friends.  I have a pumpkin pecan cheesecake that I will be putting in the oven this afternoon and I can't wait to try it either! :)

I have one more thank you card to share with you today:
I have been using many products from STAMPlorations lately, but that's because I've placed a couple of orders and I really wanted to get out my new goodies and play around with them a bit! :)  They're having a huge Thanksgiving sale through the end of this month, so be sure to check it out!

I have used the STAMPlorations Bloom Happy stamp set along with the coordinating dies for my design today.  I heat embossed the framed floral image with gold EP and then used the die cut to cut it out.  I've also used another die cut frame to cut another piece out with white card stock.  I've used it to make a bit of a layered tag design.  To color in the image, I've used the Clean Color Real Brush markers.

You will also notice the gold strips on each side of the brown card stock panel which I took a piece of white card stock and heat embossed it with the same gold EP that I've used on the image.  I then cut a couple of strips of it to use on my design.  I have also heat embossed the sentiment with white EP at the bottom.

For the white card base panel, I have used the STAMPlorations Foiled Again Mini stencil and inked some distress inks in Fall colors to match the flower image.  The brown card stock was splattered with a gold metallic watercolor and then I took a white gel pen to make some stitch marks along the cut angles of the brown card stock.

Here's a closer look at the embossing:
Here you can better see the gold splatters over the brown card stock and the embossed strips that match the image.  I decided to take some linen thread and make a "nest" behind the image panel and pop it up with foam tape.  I also added a bow with the thread and then glued on a button over that.

I really like how this one turned out and I hope the recipient will enjoy too!
Now I'm off to get several cards over to the post office to send on their way! :)

I will be sharing another creation with you very soon...so stay tuned in!!
Thanks for dropping by!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  STAMPlorations Giving Thanks blog hop - thankful or grateful theme


2.  STAMPlorations Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge


3.  City Crafter - Gold Fingers


4.  Creative Moments - Anything Goes

19 comments:

Shery @ STAMPlorations said...

The colors you used in this beautiful card call out to me, Vicki! And you're one smart cookie with embossing to make your own strips! I usually skip using colored strips in my cards because I don't have colored CS out and it never occurred to me that I can make my own with embossing powders -- so thank you for that LOL! Happy Thanksgiving and I am so thrilled to see your card in our galleries!

Kim said...

I don't like the new blogger layout. It's more work. Your card is gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving!

Patti J said...

Yikes! I haven't posted anything in a week. Guess I'd better go see what Blogger has been up to! Great card, Vicki! I don't own any Stamplorations Stamps, but like what I see! Gold embossed strips = pure genius!

Pri Created said...

Fantastic card Vicki....Love the colours,the background and especially the gold heat embossed panel/tag at the front...Love it..!!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

This looks very elegant and rich, Vicki! Your many elements came together to make a beautiful and cohesive design! Thanks for joining the HOP! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Your pie will be a hit!! Hugs, Darnell

Debra K. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Vicki! I hope you save me a piece of cheesecake it sounds delicious.
Gorgeous card with lots of lovely details. The embossing looks wonderful and I love the card design. Fab idea to make your own strips with EP. The background inks you've blended are perfect together. Debra x

Margreet said...

Awesome card with fab colors and details...would love to taste a pievce of your cheesecake...sounds delicious...yummy yummy!!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

Love the gold embossing on your beautiful card! Your design is gorgeous!

Fiki said...

its very nice card!
have a wondeful day!
hugs

Nonni said...

Such a funky layout and lovely colors! I can see you really enjoy making fall cards, yours are perfect!

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful card with the touches of gold! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Pia S said...

Silver and gold embossing powders are must haves in my stash. Clever idea to use e.p. to make your own golden paper. I like the whole warm autumn look here and the gold adds that something special extra to your image too.

crafty-stamper said...

love all the gold embossing -brilliant distress inked/stencilled background-great idea
Carol x

Stella said...

This is sppot on our them and gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

nwilliams6 said...

The recipient thought this was gorgeous - all the stunning colors and details and the sweet thoughts behind it. A million hugz to you!!!

Asha said...

Stunned by that awesome background, Vicki. Fabulous and truly compliments the rest of the design. ... and all that gold embossing.... LOVE it!
hugs Asha

Jerrie said...

You are rocking it GIRL! Wowza, you are letting the creative stencil side of you come out! Loving all you posts!

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Vicki, every detail of your card is very nuanced. Photos of close-up allowed me to appreciate its beauty. I love the beautifully painted flower, he was so great presents itself on the tag.
Hugs,
BożenA

Monika Reeck said...

That gold so shiny I loveee it much
the linen thread is a great added Vicki and the button too
nice sentiment you have and how tidy the faux stitching
in one word
wonderful card Vicki
love this too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...